• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are all INFPs obsessed with Ramen?

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are they? I've noticed this with the INFPs I've met. If you ever want to figure out if someone's really an INFP, just ask them if they like Ramen.
I think Ramen noodles appeal to qualities that INFPs ¨tend¨ to have. Quick & dirty, easy to make, fast, CHEAP, easy clean up. FTR I used to like Ramen. I´m now an abstainer.

Standuble

Ramen is tasty but I prefer eating my boogers more IMO. You never know what form of snot you're going to pull out but you know it will taste delicious. Much like somebody getting an INFP to open up about their inner world.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I like to drop a raw egg in just after the water comes to a boil, but before I put the noodles in. Then I put an unbroken block of noodles in and boil for 3 minutes. I season after taking the pot off the boil. Let it soak in for 5 minutes, then add some soy sauce, chopped scallions if I have any, and voila. Sapporo Ichiban is my preferred brand of ramen.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The INFPs I know tend to go for the slow food, whole food movement, not instant convenience foods.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
The INFPs I know tend to go for the slow food, whole food movement, not instant convenience foods.
Have to disagree with you here. Cheap, fast, and easy is the way to go! I like ramen, but only the chicken packets. I've never had it as a soup but I like it as a side (just the noodles w/ flavoring). I don't plan to look back on the pages but I am amazed that there is a 9 page thread about ramen noodles! :huh:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really!? I only ever eaten ramen a couple times as a teenager, and since my late teens I've been eating very much like [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] mentioned-- whole foods, lots of organic produce and lean meat (I could never be a vegetarian). I love to cook from scratch.

This cannot be a deciding factor (between INFP and INFJ) though, can it!? :shock::huh:

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like boiling strips of pork tenderloin and julienned carrots in white miso then adding the ramen, the packet, jalapeños, baby bok choy, an egg, and some cilantro.

I'm converting my sister to my way one ingredient at a time.

Now that is infp, right there.

Which part? The meat? INFPs aren't an approved ingredient.

B

brainheart

Really!? I only ever eaten ramen a couple times as a teenager, and since my late teens I've been eating very much like [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] mentioned-- whole foods, lots of organic produce and lean meat (I could never be a vegetarian). I love to cook from scratch.

This cannot be a deciding factor (between INFP and INFJ) though, can it!? :shock::huh:

I hate ramen. I hate overly salty, processed food. I'm all about organic produce and whole foods, too. I love to eat arugula by the handfuls.

Tyltalis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are they? I've noticed this with the INFPs I've met. If you ever want to figure out if someone's really an INFP, just ask them if they like Ramen.
Hm. Ramen. The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of mass production. I can't explain it. Taste is mediocre, but the texture is to die for. Literally. Cuz I like to pretend I'm a zombie eating brains :D

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude, I hate ramen. Nothing says dry mouth better than 1000+ mg of sodium per package. But it's not only the salt that gives you dry mouth-- it's loaded with msg.