User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Infj and dreams

  1. #21
    Junior Member quixoticcrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    This happens to me only when I don't like the dream, it's like a Murphy's law or something not only that I cannot continue the dream that I liked if I wake up, and usually I wake up at the most interesting part. aaarrrgggh

    That's really interesting and intriguing, can't say I've experienced some thing like that, maybe the closest thing to a premonitory dream for me is when I would dream about a person and I'll see that person the next day. (what makes this worthy of a mention it's that usually it's about some person I don't see very often, that I don't expect to see at all.)

    Wow, now that's very intriguing. How do you explain having this kind of dreams?
    The only explanations that I have isn't a logical one. I've tried to find logic in it and there just isn't any logical answer. But astral travel could explain it. My soul/spirit/consciousness could actually be leaving my body when I sleep and taking trips. lol

  2. #22
    Junior Member quixoticcrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    Yeah I know a lot of different types that tend to dream a lot , but it seems to me infj's who dream often are the most interested in understanding the meaning of dreams or at least they like analyzing them (for whatever reason), somehow they seem to be the most enthusiastic about the subject
    This is true for me when it comes to analyzing most things. I love dream interpretation and analyzing personalities whether it be through MBTI or Astrology, or even palm reading. lol

  3. #23
    Rogue heart
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quixoticcrush View Post
    This is true for me when it comes to analyzing most things. I love dream interpretation and analyzing personalities whether it be through MBTI or Astrology, or even palm reading. lol
    I try to keep it more rational lol

  4. #24
    Member RoadPaveMent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    612 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    82

    Default

    I had a dream two nights ago that this boy at my campus was flirting with me and I was really taking a liking to him but then he said he was just practicing and his real target was my friend (who actually does think he's attractive IRL).

    Damn her.
    EII
    supine

    R|L|oAI
    neutral good
    intrapersonal intelligence

  5. #25
    Rogue heart
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    357

    Default

    I had a dream two nights ago that this boy at my campus was flirting with me and I was really taking a liking to him but then he said he was just practicing and his real target was my friend
    Ouch!

  6. #26
    Junior Member epitome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I dream of water bodies about 60% of the time. Either swimming pools or canals, but most often; a tidal wave. The tidal waves (usually there are two in each dream) always seem immense.. But by the time the water reaches me, there is no real damage done/the waves were smaller than they seemed/I have already moved to safety.

    Weird.

    Also, am I the only one who kinda enjoys sleep paralysis? =\

  7. #27
    Junior Member abbysunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I dream pretty often, but they usually fade from my memory pretty quickly. A lot of my dreams tend to focus on unresolved issues in my life. I may be able to ignore or avoid these things when I'm awake, but when I start dreaming about them I know it's something I really need to deal with.
    I tend to be pretty anxious so I will often dream of a situation where I am being attacked or that I am in harm's way, and I can't move or speak or see, and therefore unable to escape or get myself to safety.

    I've heard that some people really enjoy sleep paralysis, and that it can often lead to lucid dreaming. Unfortunately, I almost always experience sleep paralysis in conjunction with night terrors. I'm not religious at all, but these awful experiences are enough to make me dig out my old bible and keep it by my bed for the rest of the night...

  8. #28
    Rogue heart
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by epitome View Post
    I dream of water bodies about 60% of the time. Either swimming pools or canals, but most often; a tidal wave. The tidal waves (usually there are two in each dream) always seem immense.. But by the time the water reaches me, there is no real damage done/the waves were smaller than they seemed/I have already moved to safety.

    Weird.

    Also, am I the only one who kinda enjoys sleep paralysis? =\
    Enjoying sleep paralyses? Nooooooo! I need freedom of movement!!! I have experienced sleep paralysis,and think it's one of the worst feeling ever, come to think of it in my dreams I'm always on the move, I'm either running, flying, swimming, traveling, always needing to go somewhere else.
    How do you find sleep paralysis enjoyable?

  9. #29
    Rogue heart
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abbysunshine View Post
    I dream pretty often, but they usually fade from my memory pretty quickly. A lot of my dreams tend to focus on unresolved issues in my life. I may be able to ignore or avoid these things when I'm awake, but when I start dreaming about them I know it's something I really need to deal with.
    I tend to be pretty anxious so I will often dream of a situation where I am being attacked or that I am in harm's way, and I can't move or speak or see, and therefore unable to escape or get myself to safety.

    I've heard that some people really enjoy sleep paralysis, and that it can often lead to lucid dreaming. Unfortunately, I almost always experience sleep paralysis in conjunction with night terrors. I'm not religious at all, but these awful experiences are enough to make me dig out my old bible and keep it by my bed for the rest of the night...
    Yeah, I tend to forget my dreams as well, unless I think about them when I wake up. Sometimes I would dream I resolved some issue in my life, only to wake up and be like: oh snap, it was just a dream lol

  10. #30
    Junior Member epitome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    Enjoying sleep paralyses? Nooooooo! I need freedom of movement!!! I have experienced sleep paralysis,and think it's one of the worst feeling ever, come to think of it in my dreams I'm always on the move, I'm either running, flying, swimming, traveling, always needing to go somewhere else.
    How do you find sleep paralysis enjoyable?
    Because once you let go and relax, it's usually the onset of an extremely intricate lucid dream! It's almost as if I feel like I'm letting go of all negativity during sleep paralysis, and break through 'dream barriers' =P

    When I was younger, these kind of dreaming sessions would take on pretty creepy tone, but not anymore.

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] INFJ and Japan
    By hideki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 12:31 AM
  2. [INFJ] INFJs and Single-Mindedness
    By Kiddo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs and Dating
    By Kiddo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 06:42 AM
  4. [INFJ] INFJ and Compliments
    By chippinchunk in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 09:20 AM
  5. [INFJ] INFJ and grief
    By tovlo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 06:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO