• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP marriage: what's your husband/wife's type?

pibaba

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instead of asking if XXXX personality works with an INFP, I'll take a different approach :D

*If you're an INFP and happily married, what's your SO's type?

*Did it matter what their type was when you met them?

*Did you initially freak out if their type wasn't supposedly 'ideal' for the INFP type?

*Were you happily surprised that you and your SO got along so well? Or, did your personalities together make perfect sense?

----------------------------
I must admit, I tend to run people through my brain's MBTI machine. I try to anticipate their types and figure out if they're suitable for me BASED ON TYPE.

Granted, I'm a huge believer in type theory and find that it's often very accurate! (I've actually had someone 'break up' with me over my type, lol).

However, I'm also aware that 1) I can be really, really wrong in typing them; 2) that sometimes opposites work really well together if they're both healthy, self-aware and willing to work at communication; 3) personality typing isn't everything.

I'd love real examples of marriages that work for INFPs--- specifically, I'd like my narrow-minded use of typing to predict relationships to be blown to bits :D

Thanks in advance :D

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I was married to someone who I would call, approximately, ISTJ. I am male. She was female. We are no longer together.
I know several INFP's , male & female, and all are unmarried. Sorry.:shrug:
Someone on here is married to an ESTJ, and I can see that working. I just met a woman last night who might be that, and she was very open and fun and relaxed. I had a good time talking to her. I didn't get any contact info from her though. I'm way too touchy/feely for her, or at least that's what I assume when I meet anyone, until proven otherwise.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
*If you're an INFP and happily married, what's your SO's type?

ESTJ, 24 years married.

*Did it matter what their type was when you met them?

No.

*Did you initially freak out if their type wasn't supposedly 'ideal' for the INFP type?

We'd already been married for over 10 years at that point, so no.

*Were you happily surprised that you and your SO got along so well? Or, did your personalities together make perfect sense?

We are a good compliment to each other, although we are not similar to each other. We each have different strengths we bring to our marriage and this helps make us a effective team I think. And we have fun together. Have raised two kids together, who are now young adults in their own lives. :)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I had no idea about type until a few years ago, but it wouldn't have mattered. It really doesn't mean much in the real world.