User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default INFP marriage: what's your husband/wife's type?

Instead of asking if XXXX personality works with an INFP, I'll take a different approach :D

*If you're an INFP and happily married, what's your SO's type?

*Did it matter what their type was when you met them?

*Did you initially freak out if their type wasn't supposedly 'ideal' for the INFP type?

*Were you happily surprised that you and your SO got along so well? Or, did your personalities together make perfect sense?

----------------------------
    I must admit, I tend to run people through my brain's MBTI machine. I try to anticipate their types and figure out if they're suitable for me BASED ON TYPE.

Granted, I'm a huge believer in type theory and find that it's often very accurate! (I've actually had someone 'break up' with me over my type, lol).

However, I'm also aware that 1) I can be really, really wrong in typing them; 2) that sometimes opposites work really well together if they're both healthy, self-aware and willing to work at communication; 3) personality typing isn't everything.

I'd love real examples of marriages that work for INFPs--- specifically, I'd like my narrow-minded use of typing to predict relationships to be blown to bits :D

Thanks in advance :D

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I was married to someone who I would call, approximately, ISTJ. I am male. She was female. We are no longer together.
    I know several INFP's , male & female, and all are unmarried. Sorry.
    Someone on here is married to an ESTJ, and I can see that working. I just met a woman last night who might be that, and she was very open and fun and relaxed. I had a good time talking to her. I didn't get any contact info from her though. I'm way too touchy/feely for her, or at least that's what I assume when I meet anyone, until proven otherwise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

*If you're an INFP and happily married, what's your SO's type?

ESTJ, 24 years married.

*Did it matter what their type was when you met them?

No.

*Did you initially freak out if their type wasn't supposedly 'ideal' for the INFP type?

We'd already been married for over 10 years at that point, so no.

*Were you happily surprised that you and your SO got along so well? Or, did your personalities together make perfect sense?

We are a good compliment to each other, although we are not similar to each other. We each have different strengths we bring to our marriage and this helps make us a effective team I think. And we have fun together. Have raised two kids together, who are now young adults in their own lives.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I had no idea about type until a few years ago, but it wouldn't have mattered. It really doesn't mean much in the real world.