• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Ascended Cosmic Masters - INFJ?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cosmic Masters | Church of the Cosmos : Temple of Light
Several Ascended Masters
Confucius
Djwhal Khul
Elijah
El Morya Fifth Ray - Blue Ray - Throat Chakra
Enoch
Ganesh
Gautama Buddha
Hilarion Fourth Ray - Green Ray - Green Ray - Healing - Heart Chakra
Jesus / Sananda
John the Baptist
Kuthumi Third Ray - Yellow Ray - Solar Plexus
Kwan-Yin Sixth Ray - Indigo Ray - Third Eye chakra
Lady Nada Second Ray - Orange Ray - Sacral Chakra
Maitreya
Virgin Mary
Melchizedek
Metatron
Milarepa
Paul the Venetian
Saint Germain Seventh Ray - Violet Ray - Crown Chakra
Sanat Kumara
Serapis Bey First Ray - Red Ray - Root Chakra
Zoroaster
source - Angels, Ascended Masters & Guides

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any type has the capability of becoming an ascended master, however it is perhaps more natural for some types to become ascetics in the society we currently are living in due to being naturally inclined to study the self rather than simply seeing more value in material gain by default and therefore being able to fuel the process of self-actualization needed to ascend. In an ideal society all types would have an equal opportunity at reaching the heights of wisdom and self actualization due to internalizing the higher ideals and understanding of paradise/heaven rather than constantly being plummeted with mixed messages targeting the more basic physical drives/desires. I would hazard a guess many of the people on this list were of different mbti types than one might expect, although introversion and intuition would probably be much more statistically common. Enneagram type and instinct could also have a large effect on these factors.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Ascension is for those who see a stairs and insert a challenge.

Far better to sit on level 1, look at humanity and understand the challenge that already is.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ascension is for those who see a stairs and insert a challenge.

Far better to sit on level 1, look at humanity and understand the challenge that already is.

Ah, but to try to understand, to truly understand is to insert a challenge as well. Where do you go/what do you strive for after you feel you have sufficiently understood? Is understanding of humanity the greatest task a person can undertake, the only noble goal? Maybe seeing the stairs is the next step? Maybe it is the first step for people of a different inclination than your own? Perhaps ascension appears as some grandiose narcissistic desire, but if ascension can be seen as the study of the self in relation to divinity, wouldn't seeking to understand others first seem far more delusional?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Ah, but to try to understand, to truly understand is to insert a challenge as well. Where do you go/what do you strive for after you feel you have sufficiently understood? Is understanding of humanity the greatest task a person can undertake, the only noble goal? Maybe seeing the stairs is the next step? Maybe it is the first step for people of a different inclination than your own? Perhaps ascension appears as some grandiose narcissistic desire, but if ascension can be seen as the study of the self in relation to divinity, wouldn't seeking to understand others first seem far more delusional?

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I or you said.

I wasn't challenging the aimless pursuit of materialism vs self-actualisation. But too many people idealise ascension incorrectly as a form of achievement akin to becoming a god.

Self-actualisation is a great goal and one which does help an individual and others around them. But, there are a lot of false prophets and sooth-sayers who peddle easy answers in pursuit of this goal but who, in reality, are stunting peoples growth towards this.

I understand this better than you might give me credit for. My definition of what an individual defines as 'ascension' is different to yours. I'm talking of those who preach of their grandness and the greatness that their ascension will bring, but who are as empty as those promises, like the barely glimmering core of a dying sun.

Frankly I was being, perhaps, a bit more literal than yourself, for me the issues of humanity run right through the core of us and they are both material and immaterial. Before you set your sights on the lights beyond ours, perhaps a little love for those that are presently here, or else run the risk of self-indulgence rather than actualisation.

I also find some ideas of ascension rather close to religion and that is another topic in itself.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure what this has to do with what I or you said.

I wasn't challenging the aimless pursuit of materialism vs self-actualisation. But too many people idealise ascension incorrectly as a form of achievement akin to becoming a god.

Self-actualisation is a great goal and one which does help an individual and others around them. But, there are a lot of false prophets and sooth-sayers who peddle easy answers in pursuit of this goal but who, in reality, are stunting peoples growth towards this.

I understand this better than you might give me credit for. My definition of what an individual defines as 'ascension' is different to yours. I'm talking of those who preach of their grandness and the greatness that their ascension will bring, but who are as empty as those promises, like the barely glimmering core of a dying sun.

Frankly I was being, perhaps, a bit more literal than yourself, for me the issues of humanity run right through the core of us and they are both material and immaterial. Before you set your sights on the lights beyond ours, perhaps a little love for those that are presently here, or else run the risk of self-indulgence rather than actualisation.

I also find some ideas of ascension rather close to religion and that is another topic in itself.

Ah, good post. My second post had little to do with my first, more to do with an unsaid personal understanding of what i perceive as the value of a "true" search for self enlightenment and understanding. I probably said too much unnecessarily, but just felt like there was more value to the idea of a search for "ascension" if it can be called that than what i sensed in the attitude of your first post, but this was cleared up in the second. I definitely agree with the people idealizing ascension incorrectly as "becoming a god" annoying, and perhaps appears like this is the type being encouraged by the OP. I suppose it would be hard to see completely eye to eye on this issue with a difference of belief as to whether past "ascended masters" really were in touch with some form of divinity/the supernatural, or if they were just snake-oil salesmen/idealists with somewhat empty words and limited perspectives.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I ascended once, but they wouldn't let me stay up there so I had to turn around and come back.

*just so no one takes me seriously...I am kidding.

KDude

Buddha previously lived a life of leisure and hedonism. He didn't even leave on his path to "enlightenment" until he was 35 years old. Then he wasted years going to the other extreme of asceticism, realizing that was faulty too. Only after trying out both did he find a new vision for the "middle path". From what I can tell, INFJs don't fumble their way through things like this.

As for "ascended masters", sounds like something New Age. Is that blog where you get a lot of your ideas? Or did you write it?

KDude

Are you serious? Some of those are cartoon characters, I think.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you serious? Some of those are cartoon characters, I think.
Being a cartoon shouldn't stop anyone from being an INFJ.
Also I think this thread is seriously hilarious.

KDude

Jesus was undoubtedly ESFJ.

He liked running to the hills alone a lot.

Not to mention his proclivity to kind of ward people off. In John 6, after the apparent miracle of feeding thousands of people, he ran into them later only to tell them the food he gave them was pointless, and that they should live off the works of God. They seem pleased enough, and ask for help in this. He then tells them they should eat his flesh and blood. He lost thousands of potential followers that day. And even some of his own disciples left too. There are other instances like this where it seems like he was going to purposely sabotage his standing in a group, and make it harder for them to follow. EFJs are different. They sort of welcome dependency (especially the 2s) or adherents.

W

WALMART

He liked running to the hills alone a lot.

Not to mention his proclivity to kind of ward people off. In John 6, after the apparent miracle of feeding thousands of people, he ran into them later only to tell them the food he gave them was pointless, and that they should live off the works of God. They seem pleased enough, and ask for help in this. He then tells them they should eat his flesh and blood. He lost thousands of potential followers that day. And even some of his own disciples left too. There are other instances like this where it seems like he was going to purposely sabotage his standing in a group, and make it harder for them to follow. EFJs are different. They sort of welcome dependency (especially the 2s) or adherents.

He was an ESFJ 9, so perhaps that is where we arrive at different conclusions.

Though the things the church has conjured since his inception is pretty Ni-ish...

KDude

He was an ESFJ 9, so perhaps that is where we arrive at different conclusions.

Though the things the church has conjured since his inception is pretty Ni-ish...

Well, a lot from the book I quoted (John) is full of Ni and symbolism.

I still don't think he's ESFJ in other depictions either though. He breaks too many rules, brings too many reforms, derides his own countryman and literalism with their cultural outlook, etc.. He doesn't think it's time to die until he finally speaks to some Greeks in the Temple. His mission was outside the box, pushing towards a universal community.

W

WALMART

Well, a lot from the book I quoted (John) is full of Ni and symbolism.

I still don't think he's ESFJ in other depictions either though. He breaks too many rules, brings too many reforms, derides his own countryman and literalism with their cultural outlook, etc.. He doesn't think it's time to die until he finally speaks to some Greeks in the Temple. His mission was outside the box, pushing towards a universal community.

Yes, community. Isn't that the ESFJ's forte, social understanding? And don't tell me ESFJ's can't have goals of progress, what a load.

I had something else to say but I've forgotten.

Anyways, yeah. Jesus, ESFJ.

KDude

Yes, community. Isn't that the ESFJ's forte, social understanding? And don't tell me ESFJ's can't have goals of progress, what a load.

I had something else to say but I've forgotten.

Anyways, yeah. Jesus, ESFJ.

I said universal community. Not just "community". Si's concept of community is based on the user's more particular concept of standards and form. Someone who reflects their culture, family, locale, etc.. "Progress" is whatever champions a sense of timelessness, the past, the familiar. They reflect the community in an immediate sense. Ni is mobile and future oriented rather than immediate. Ni is a hodgepodge, paradoxical, and urges a new vision or adopting new standards for what community even means.

Would an ESFJ say this:

"While He was still speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. Someone said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You.” But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, “Behold My mother and My brothers!"

Or this:

Another disciple said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”

Nothing in the standard sense of "community" was sacred to him. He sought to redefine those concepts.

It's only a load if you're willing to dump MBTI in general (which may be a good idea. Not sure yet). This is a standard SJ definition. In fact, it's why they're called "Guardians". If you want to make a new definition, and talk about how forward moving they are, I would suggest just dumping MBTI and talking about a new typological model. This way no one gets confused.

W

WALMART

I said universal community. Not just "community". Si's concept of community is based on the user's more particular concept of standards and form. Someone who reflects their culture, family, locale, etc.. "Progress" is whatever champions a sense of timelessness, the past, the familiar. They reflect the community in an immediate sense. Ni is mobile and future oriented rather than immediate. Ni is a hodgepodge, paradoxical, and urges a new vision or adopting new standards for what community even means.

Would an ESFJ say this:

"While He was still speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. Someone said to Him, “Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You.” But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, “Behold My mother and My brothers!"

Or this:

Another disciple said to him, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.” But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”

Nothing in the standard sense of "community" was sacred to him. He sought to redefine those concepts.

It's only a load if you're willing to dump MBTI in general (which may be a good idea. Not sure yet). This is a standard SJ definition. In fact, it's why they're called "Guardians". If you want to make a new definition, and talk about how forward moving they are, I would suggest just dumping MBTI and talking about a new typological model. This way no one gets confused.

Okay, so he found a sense of purpose in an even larger community than the one he was born into, he found a larger herd to shepard. I don't see any inconsistencies.

You've shown to be fairly uncompromising in your analysis of ISTP's as well, so I don't know what to say. Stick to knowing what others tell you to think, I guess.

KDude

You've shown to be fairly uncompromising in your analysis of ISTP's as well, so I don't know what to say. Stick to knowing what others tell you to think, I guess.

One thing I know about ISTPs is that they don't make irrelevant passive-aggressive swipes, like the above.