User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    My apologies.
    Umm.. well, that's unexpected. No problem.

In any case, it's not my intention to come off as uncompromising. I enjoy the give and take of an argument. Maybe I'm too into it at times.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Umm.. well, that's unexpected. No problem.

In any case, it's not my intention to come off as uncompromising. I enjoy the give and take of an argument. Maybe I'm too into it at times.

Well, I definitely took an underhanded approach to the discussion. I have a similar problem, getting too into things.

So, anyways, like I said: Jesus was a shepard, for all the people of the world. ESFJ just makes sense to me. He's focused externally on everything, on existence, particularly on some spiritual level that he and all humans share, very Fe-ish. Now, the main debate for me is ENFJ or ESFJ. To be honest, I say ESFJ just because I want to claim some important sensors... though I haven't entirely ruled out ENFJ... don't tell that to anyone, though.

Enneagram
    9w8

Guys, I've seriously wanted to weigh in on this issue, but it's going to be too lengthy, no matter how I slice it, but there's a notion brewing in my noggin....it seems there is no real agreement on exactly what kind of personality Jesus had, and this is a big question that can’t be answered so easily. Maybe it has to be dissected and chewed on in bits. Practically [not all] every minister I’ve ever heard [and I’ve heard A LOT] has presented Jesus’s personality in a way that mirrors his or her own. Seems like there are some of each type who want to some claim to greatness among our kind.

One popular author, Tim LaHaye, who has written a bunch of books on temperament and personality theory, said he considered Jesus to be balanced between all temperaments. It stands to reason that a "true ascended master" [that is the funniest terminology to me] would be more balanced than others.
    However, LaHaye doesn't use MBTI but the age-old notions of Choleric, Sanguine, Melancholy and Phelgmatic with their 12 blends.

I suppose that's long enough for now. Still, this is an issue that I will probably dig into, soon as I get the chance.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Guys, I've seriously wanted to weigh in on this issue, but it's going to be too lengthy, no matter how I slice it, but there's a notion brewing in my noggin....it seems there is no real agreement on exactly what kind of personality Jesus had, and this is a big question that can’t be answered so easily. Maybe it has to be dissected and chewed on in bits. Practically [not all] every minister I’ve ever heard [and I’ve heard A LOT] has presented Jesus’s personality in a way that mirrors his or her own. Seems like there are some of each type who want to some claim to greatness among our kind.

One popular author, Tim LaHaye, who has written a bunch of books on temperament and personality theory, said he considered Jesus to be balanced between all temperaments. It stands to reason that a "true ascended master" [that is the funniest terminology to me] would be more balanced than others.
    However, LaHaye doesn't use MBTI but the age-old notions of Choleric, Sanguine, Melancholy and Phelgmatic with their 12 blends.

I suppose that's long enough for now. Still, this is an issue that I will probably dig into, soon as I get the chance.
    Your overall point is good, but Tim Lahaye is a creep. And makes millions frightening people with dispensationalist fiction that has the honor of being more facepalm worthy than Twilight.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Your overall point is good, but Tim Lahaye is a creep. And makes millions frightening people with dispensationalist fiction that has the honor of being more facepalm worthy than Twilight.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not defending LaHaye's stance on anything to do with his dispensational stuff, mostly because I haven't read it and so I wouldn't know what I was talking about, but I did read one of his personality books. I didn't agree with everything in it, of course. It was very rigid and ultra-traditional and I had some issues with some of the things he said, but that statement about Jesus possibly being a balance of several temperments did resonate.

So, let's just scratch LaHaye and help me stay focused on the overall point. haha.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

I ascended once, but they wouldn't let me stay up there so I had to turn around and come back.

*just so no one takes me seriously...I am kidding.

I ascended once, but they wouldn't let me stay up there so I had to turn around and come back.
    Pix or it didn't happen.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Pix or it didn't happen.
    Okay. I lied. They wouldn't even let me in. I banged and banged on that door but nobody would open. It was on account of the electric guitar. If I hadn't taken that up with me I might have gotten to stay. [you didn't say what kind of pics so I stole one off the internet...thou shalt not steal, but I up and did anyway.]

Enneagram
    9w8

thCAZNG0HU.jpgOops...I forgot the picture. Now, you'll never believe me. So, here it is.