123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Default ENFP with high Ni?

I am mostly sure about my type, but there is one thing, that made me doubtful lately. I took a few cognitive fuctions test and I always scored Ni as my highest function, both Ne+Ni are very high, but it seems like I am a little bit more Ni than Ne, I even see myself more in description of Ni, than Ne. So I think that would make me an INFJ, but the problem is, my Fe on the other hand is pretty low. My fuctions looks like that: Ni,Fi,Ne,Te,Ti,Si,Fe,Se... So is it normal for ENFP/INFP to have that high Ni, or should I consider other type?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It is normal for you to have some skill with Ni when Ne is your dominant function. Ne may be your main preference, but it is one part of intuition, and while you may not prefer to use Ni, in favour of Ne, it makes sense that you have some aptitude for it. The strength of your functions does NOT dictate the preference you have in using them.

My function strength is as followed: Ne=Fi, Ni=Fe, Te=Si, Se, Ti.
    To some, I come across as INFP or sometimes even INFJ, due to this. It depends on the situation, when I feel that Ne does not serve me quite as well.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm no expert or anything, nor do I even have a firm grasp on my own type, but maybe you aren't an NF.

Don't take these tests too seriously either. A test is only as good as you know and answer for your own true self, let alone if the maker asked the right questions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

The function strengths as measured by those tests are misleading. It's rather difficult to put what the functions are into words, so the real idea behind the test is to figure out which function descriptions resonate more than others, and the "absolute" measure of each function is meaningless.

If you're ENFP, you'll often understand Ni types, because they express ideas in ways that you understand. Where you will see that you don't "use Ni" is when you try to follow the "twisty" way Ni intuits things. An apt analogy is to think of Si as being "inside the box" thinking (for Si doms it's a VERY good box), Ne as thinking "outside the box" (working on expanding the boundaries of the box to new realms), and Ni is neither of these: Ni tries out lots of different boxes, looking for a best-fit box. When arguing with an Ni type, it will feel like to an ENFP that the Ni type is "changing the rules on the fly" or even "moving the goal posts" when really it's just taking an "OK" box and figuring out how to make it better (such that it will fit the current circumstances - Se - better).
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

WALMART

If you look at function theory according to jontherobot, several potentialities exist for ENFP's:

Ne/Ni/Fi/Fe/Si/Se/Ti/Te

or

Ne/Fi/Si/Te/Ni/Ti/Se/Fe

or

Ne/Se/Fi/Ti/Si/Ni/Te/Fe

It depends on how you want to derive the functions mathematically. To me, it is obvious Ne dominants will also display Ni-typical traits, though perhaps under varying conditions. I can elaborate on Ne and Ni for you, if you'd like.

A question: Why do you find your Fe preference low?

This is where I think the usually inferior behavioral descriptions are more useful than function analysis. Look at Beren's interaction style (catalyst vs chart the course), look at whether you're the "enthusiastic champion" or the Hamlet who refuses to participate and says "something is rotten in Denmark.." Look at Keirsey roles - Coworkers: ENTP, ESFJ, ESFP, ENFP (Extraverted and Informative) vs Contenders: INTJ, ISTJ, ISTP, INFJ (Introverted and Directive). Don't miss the forest for the trees. I hate to say it, but sometimes these portraits are more helpful than getting bogged down in analysis.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj

@uumlau what you descriped about Ni is exactly what I do! When I argue with someone and he says an argument I am immidiatly like "Oh this was a really good point too, I should consider also this." And I, often change the goals of the conversation, not because I want to, but because that's the way my mind works. A lot of people reproach me, that I sometimes change my mind and talk totaly different thing at the end of the conversation, than I did at the begining. And I mostly myself don't realise it. And this about chaning the boxes and finding which one is the best, is the thing I do my whole life. Always want to try something, some idea, some social group, some phylosophy, style...I see all theese possibilities and I try to find out which one best fits me and my ideas. As I said in the post, it is not only about the tests, but also I see myself more in Ni description, than Ne, even though my Ne is also very high. And that's the problem with my type. if I'd be an ENFP, my Ne should be higher than Ni. But it's not like that...Also if I'd be an INFJ my Fe would be high, but in my case is totaly shadowed fucntion...That's why I am not sure about being an ENFP or a strange kind of INFJ, or something... @RaptorWizard why do you think I am not NF? @jontherobot oh please would you be really that nice and elaborate Ne vs Ni for me? I feel like I need a little more info :-)
    and why my Fe is low... Well they are caring, take care of other people feelings, needs, seem to be warm, unselfish...And I am much more selfish, individualistic type, I am not very that caring type of a person, I keep my feeling and emotions to myself, I don't like to express them, and I tend to be even reckless sometimes.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Careful, sometimes Fi looks like Ni. Tbh, what you are describing sounds like Ne finding new intel and Fi taking that in, seeing how *YOU* value it, and changing the journey accordingly, leaving the destination fluid.

Correct me if i'm wrong, @uumlau, but Ni tends to adjust its methods and parameters to the current situation, but the destination tends to be rather fixed..unless encountering info that would somehow enrich or change the pov of the vision Ni provides you with. Still..the goal is kept in mind, from what Ive seen
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

WALMART

Fair enough, on your assessment of Fe. I don't know if Fe users are inherently the qualities typically ascribed to them, particularly given the fact that function order is never 'theoretically' perfect...

Ne is like taking an idea and extending its scope, Ni is like taking an idea and adeptly placing it in its structure. Socially, an Ne user will likely be able to flow in conversation easily no matter the subject or circumstance. An Ni user might be more selective about the ideas explored and information conveyed. An Ne user is a natural brainstorm, a whirling pool of potentials. An Ni user can be also, but it's more confined in its ruminations. An Ne user is likely prone to rambling, an Ni user likely prone to not fleshing out enough. Both can be clever and provide wit, but Ne is more original while Ni is more referential.

So yeah. Lots of dualities, and again, not mutually exclusive. These are my best perceptions of statistical likelihoods.

Based off what you've provided thus far, I'd go with some sort of Ne type.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I didn't say you are not an NF - I just threw it out there as a possibility, that is, if we are taking your functions tests seriously.

If those reults were accurate, then your Ni is too high to be NFP, and your Fe is too low to be NFJ.

I don't take functions quite as seriously though as many memberd do. I'm just saying, your testing is out of line with NF.