User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessNameless View Post
    @uumlau what you descriped about Ni is exactly what I do! When I argue with someone and he says an argument I am immidiatly like "Oh this was a really good point too, I should consider also this."
    This is normal Ne. Ne is always open to new ideas, especially Ne doms. (Ne aux tend to be a bit more rigid.)

And I, often change the goals of the conversation, not because I want to, but because that's the way my mind works. A lot of people reproach me, that I sometimes change my mind and talk totaly different thing at the end of the conversation, than I did at the begining. And I mostly myself don't realise it. And this about chaning the boxes and finding which one is the best, is the thing I do my whole life. Always want to try something, some idea, some social group, some phylosophy, style...I see all theese possibilities and I try to find out which one best fits me and my ideas.
    This is also very much Ne: Ne is very good at jumping from idea to idea to idea, and it's the natural thought process.

Ni "looks like" it is jumping from idea to idea to idea, but really it's usually focused on a singular problem, kind of "twisting the dials" of an overall idea in order to get it to fit to the current case.

As I said in the post, it is not only about the tests, but also I see myself more in Ni description, than Ne, even though my Ne is also very high. And that's the problem with my type. if I'd be an ENFP, my Ne should be higher than Ni. But it's not like that...Also if I'd be an INFJ my Fe would be high, but in my case is totaly shadowed fucntion...That's why I am not sure about being an ENFP or a strange kind of INFJ, or something...
    Here's a reasonably accessible youtube vid that gives a good introduction to Ni vs Ne:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M32HTTaowW8

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Careful, sometimes Fi looks like Ni. Tbh, what you are describing sounds like Ne finding new intel and Fi taking that in, seeing how *YOU* value it, and changing the journey accordingly, leaving the destination fluid.

Correct me if i'm wrong, @uumlau, but Ni tends to adjust its methods and parameters to the current situation, but the destination tends to be rather fixed..unless encountering info that would somehow enrich or change the pov of the vision Ni provides you with. Still..the goal is kept in mind, from what Ive seen
    Yeah, that's mostly correct. Ne will hop from goal to goal to goal. Ni will keep the same goal (or goalposts!) and switch around the underlying "rules" so that reaching the goal is easier. To others, this looks like "moving the goalposts" because they only only see a singular underlying set of valid rules (Si version), so if you're now closer to your goal, but you didn't change anything obvious, you must have moved the goalposts. To Ni, such people appear to see the "path to the goal" as a concrete path that must be followed. Ni sees lots of paths, all equally valid, but of differing utility/ease/efficiency.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Here's a reasonably accessible youtube vid that gives a good introduction to Ni vs Ne:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M32HTTaowW8
    Thank you for your post and the video was also helpful...What he said about Ni, that they tend to get obssesed with one idea and than search for more and more info, it is totaly my issue, but aslo what he said Ne, like they have a lot of ideas, but don't know on which start to work as first it is pretty much my problem too... The thing is...my obsessions with ideas tend to become more unhealthy, than healthly, when I can really get myself into something I don't know where is the line, when to stop, when the idea searching is starting to be freaky...But, also when I think about the future, or about things that might happen I see so many possibilities and I don't know where to start. I need someone esle to help me make a system and to see the structure, because ideas in my head are not really in order, there are much more like "booom...idea here! Let's do it! oh...no wait...I was wrong, I have a new one, let's do rather this!" And than I need someone to tell me, "You know what...take seat, think it out and look at it againg." I really tend to jump to the idea and get excited without over thinking it. Typically Ne thing I guess

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

if you love stirring up drama and shattering clique boundaries you're an NFJ. If you're only concerned about yourself but talk about how amazingly unconcerned with yourself you are, you're an ENFP.

I hope that helps.

edit:

ok but seriously. here, watch this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj

He is a goofy bastard ... ENFJs are terrifaing ... I have to say I like your sanse of humor . What suprissed me, what you said about ENFPs, they are serious? I mean...I think I take alot of things more serious, than I should and I need to have my dignity, but in general...Aren't ENFPs that bubly, easy-going forver children optmists? I don't know if it really goes hand by hand with being serious.
    ENFPs invited hippie? :O I love you for saying that! Peace .
    Okay... ENFPs want to live a simple life on the farm? Are you sure about that? Because to me, that life that ENFJs want seem much more attractive, than living on the farm . Actually I've always wanted an attention, know a lot of people, live in the big city and be always on the go... Some little selfish snobish part of me just wants to be a celebrity . But everything else you said about ENFPs...yes this is me, totaly 99,99% . Exctually...I have to say, this is the best description of ENFPs I've heard so far. Or at least the closest to my personality. And now I have a feeling like you know me, and have a camera in my house, or something, because this is really the description of me! I red many articles about ENFPs, where they were presented with all theese stereotypes and archetypes I couldn't really subcribe to them, but you seem like talking from the real experiences with people, not using that boring standart descriptions... I love this really! Big thank to you. @DJ Arendee BTW: I don't know why...I have some strange Ne feeling from you. Just an instinct, and a guess...But didn't you think about being an ENTP?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

He is a goofy bastard ... ENFJs are terrifaing ... I have to say I like your sanse of humor . What suprissed me, what you said about ENFPs, they are serious? I mean...I think I take alot of things more serious, than I should and I need to have my dignity, but in general...Aren't ENFPs that bubly, easy-going forver children optmists? I don't know if it really goes hand by hand with being serious.
    ENFPs invited hippie? :O I love you for saying that! Peace .
    Okay... ENFPs want to live a simple life on the farm? Are you sure about that? Because to me, that life that ENFJs want seem much more attractive, than living on the farm . Actually I've always wanted an attention, know a lot of people, live in the big city and be always on the go... Some little selfish snobish part of me just wants to be a celebrity . But everything else you said about ENFPs...yes this is me, totaly 99,99% . Exctually...I have to say, this is the best description of ENFPs I've heard so far. Or at least the closest to my personality. And now I have a feeling like you know me, and have a camera in my house, or something, because this is really the description of me! I red many articles about ENFPs, where they were presented with all theese stereotypes and archetypes I couldn't really subcribe to them, but you seem like talking from the real experiences with people, not using that boring standart descriptions... I love this really! Big thank to you. @DJ Arendee BTW: I don't know why...I have some strange Ne feeling from you. Just an instinct, and a guess...But didn't you think about being an ENTP?
    When I say serious, it has more to do with self deprecating humor.

In my experience, ENFP's sense of humor isn't as crude and controversial as ENFJ's.

For example, I know I can make most ENFJ's laugh when I walk up to them and ask, "so... *awkward pause*... how's your penis?" Mostly because the complete lack of social norms and awkwardness is something that makes them laugh.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    When I say serious, it has more to do with self deprecating humor.

In my experience, ENFP's sense of humor isn't as crude and controversial as ENFJ's.

For example, I know I can make most ENFJ's laugh when I walk up to them and ask, "so... *awkward pause*... how's your penis?"
    Yeah...I don't think you would make my laugh by asking "how is my penis" , I don't have one, so that would be an awkward question right? Question..."How is your vagine, doesn't sound so good neither... I'd rather stay in this conventional version of humor and make fun of gays and blondes...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

First. Function tests doesent measure the actual functions, but just asks things that point out to functions or attitudes of functions. Same way as MBTI test doesent tell you your type, it just points out towards possible type.

Secondly. Ni and Ne are not even different functions(even tho function tests claim that they are). Intuition is the function and introversion and extraversion of intuition are different directions of intuition, one directed towards external world and one towards inner world.

Third. Ni works with Se, like Ne works with Si. While Se is determined by the intensity of outer object and Ni reacts to this by compiling these into one vision of the external world based on how they fit to the contents of the unconscious. In other words Ni's creates subjective vision based on intensity of external reality. Si disregards the intensity of the external object itself and is oriented by the intensity of the inner experience which the external object releases in him. Ne also doesent care about the intensity of the external object, but is oriented by the possibilities which the external object has(which is generated with the subjective experience of Si).

At this point it should be clear that by definition you cant have both Ni and Ne, except ofc you go with some new models which define functions completely differently and have so many internal conflicts because of these changes in definitions while trying to maintain similar view of the model, that they are next to useless. Basically they just use same names for bit similar things that were used by Jung on his typology when he came up with it and MBTI which is a assessment made to point out towards Jungian type.

These things like who laughs at which kind of jokes, who is the shy one, who is the stupid one etc. are not what type is about(even tho for example extraverts tend to be less why than introverts, there are still shy extraverts and introverts that are not shy), these are just stereotypes about different types, but its not what type actually is, but this is what tests looks at in order to determine probability of what your type might be. So even if you would have some characteristics or traits that Ni types often have, that doesent make you have Ni. Type is about how consciously you use your FOUR functions of thinking, intuition, feeling and sensation, and whether you trust the objective world(extraversion) or subjective world(introversion) with these functions and have distrust on the opposite.

Here is what Jung said about Ne: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ypes#Intuition

And here what he said about Ni: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...es#Intuition_2

And here what he said about intuition in general: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...es#Intuition_3
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

seriously, what you described sounded like total Ne to me (and you seem like a bonafide ENFP). just my two cents.

@uumlau what you descriped about Ni is exactly what I do! When I argue with someone and he says an argument I am immidiatly like "Oh this was a really good point too, I should consider also this." And I, often change the goals of the conversation, not because I want to, but because that's the way my mind works. A lot of people reproach me, that I sometimes change my mind and talk totaly different thing at the end of the conversation, than I did at the begining. And I mostly myself don't realise it. And this about chaning the boxes and finding which one is the best, is the thing I do my whole life. Always want to try something, some idea, some social group, some phylosophy, style...I see all theese possibilities and I try to find out which one best fits me and my ideas. As I said in the post, it is not only about the tests, but also I see myself more in Ni description, than Ne, even though my Ne is also very high. And that's the problem with my type. if I'd be an ENFP, my Ne should be higher than Ni. But it's not like that...Also if I'd be an INFJ my Fe would be high, but in my case is totaly shadowed fucntion...That's why I am not sure about being an ENFP or a strange kind of INFJ, or something... @RaptorWizard why do you think I am not NF? @jontherobot oh please would you be really that nice and elaborate Ne vs Ni for me? I feel like I need a little more info :-)
    and why my Fe is low... Well they are caring, take care of other people feelings, needs, seem to be warm, unselfish...And I am much more selfish, individualistic type, I am not very that caring type of a person, I keep my feeling and emotions to myself, I don't like to express them, and I tend to be even reckless sometimes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

yeah, because it's so funny to make fun of gay people. ASSHOLE.

Yeah...I don't think you would make my laugh by asking "how is my penis" , I don't have one, so that would be an awkward question right? Question..."How is your vagine, doesn't sound so good neither... I'd rather stay in this conventional version of humor and make fun of gays and blondes...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    yeah, because it's so funny to make fun of gay people. ASSHOLE.
    Just as much as making fun of blondes, policemen, or any else random thing... I make fun of blondes and I was blonde for 16 years...Just don't take things like that seriously xD , it's funny when people take jokes seriously...I wrote, that making fun of gays is funny, because I was trolling, there is always some victim who get cought on things like theese. I just don't get it why?