User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I just know.

Junior Member Array
    471 sx

I "just know" how you feel...haha but for real, I always just tell people it's the vibes and that is my reason for doing something/judging something. I guess different people and actions give off readable "vibes"...people kind of except that answer...but I'm often getting away with my bull shit haha

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    378 sx/so
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

6w5 sx/sp
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    As an Ni-dom I have these perceptions routinely. I don't so much try to figure out where they come from, as use aux Te to cross-check them with the external world. Then I can offer others supporting evidence as to why what I am saying is reasonable.

As I have become older, I have learned to trust these impressions without Te vetting when necessary.
    That is exactly how I experience it too. It happens all the time. I still find that I need to trust that inner voice more - or at least do a better job of acting on the perceptions because many times I am kicking myself later about something I knew was going to happen but I didn't do something to prevent it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

4w5 sp/sx

I think "I just know" people, tend more often to be people who rely heavily on their intuition and have trouble articulating why they feel a certain way. I can understand how a person summarizing their conclusions with that phrase may appear a bit illogical to people who don't rely as heavily, or maybe hardly at all on their intuition. It can be a bit difficult trying to figure out how to put abstract "I just know" sorts of feelings into words, but it seems that if you really want a person to have an understanding of why you feel a certain way, rather than just dismiss your intuition, you'll need to find a way to somehow put those intuitive feelings into words translatable for others as well who don't possess intuition as high as your own.
    “The first progressive step by a mind overwhelmed by the strangeness of things is to realize that this feeling of strangeness is shared with all men and that human reality, in its entirety, suffers from the distance which separates it from the rest of the universe." -Albert Camus

5w4 sx

On average this "just knowing" thing offer far crappier results than just looking at statistics, even if the person would be an expert in his field(this has been proven).

And Ni dom with some stubborn view of something that is so far away from the real world that its not even funny anymore, isnt that rare thing..

Even if this intuition might lead to correct answer sometimes, its good thing to try to back it up with some rational thinking or non biased evidence, before being accepted as truth.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung