User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 75

  1. #51
    Senior Member iNtrovert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I see Ne for sure. That's it.
    OK I'll stop badgering you. Thanks again :
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

  2. #52
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    INFP:
    Fi = Emotional Judgements based on character and personal values. Placing weight on other people because they meet certain moral standards that are subjectively your own.

    INFJ
    Fe = objective emotion. You're standing in a room and every person is radiating various emotions, be they weak or strong. Some more powerful than others. Fe-Ni = the air is filled with an overall emotion that every person must conform to. An energy of a sort.
    Feeling in MBTI isn't emotion. Read Jung.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  3. #53
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Feeling in MBTI isn't emotion. Read Jung.
    I dont really care what words jung used, I'm using personal experience and my own language to describe what I know based off of mbti.

  4. #54
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    we're being too precise here. Emotion, ethics, feeling. Same thing in my book.

    I'm giving explanations based on personal experience, not what I read verbatim from jung.
    Clearly, precision is not your forte.

    You're going to mislead a lot of Fi-dom (whereas I gather your intention is lead them away from being INFJ), as dominant Feeling is the most differentiated & able to be called rational & reasonable.

    And your personal experience is lacking, as is anyone's (all hail Ne for going beyond it!). It's not necessarily entirely inaccurate, but turning quirks of people you know into whole type patterns perpetuates & creates silly stereotypes. I'm an INFP and don't have sentimental attachments to objects; all of my decor must be aesthetically pleasing & functional & that's it, although I enjoy cluttering it with general mess from living. Anyhow, the first half of the INFP video sounds like you're describing a Si-dom, of the e9 variety. The "sentimental collector" stereotype is more aptly applied to them, if you're going to stereotype behaviors.

    The inferior Te part is good. The word for it is really "self-righteous" though, and the attack is on the person's moral character. But from my perspective, Ti-Fe types are as likely to get butthurt. Fe types tend to guilt-trip & make the person feel bad for making them feel bad, an attack on their interrelationship skills, invalidating content by its manner of expression ("how rude!"). This is most hilarious when a Ti-dom complains of other people's manners. I agree that Ti types also tell people why they're wrong, or try to, but it usually just sounds like, "You're a stupid stupid-head!". This is obviously an attack on their intellect.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  5. #55
    On The blessblessblessblesster
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    You have no idea how much I'm biting my tongue right now around you.
    LET IT OUT, PLEASE LET IT OUT. I loooove to hear people rage. THE PASSION.......... ooohhh the passssiiooooonnn and humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Clearly, precision is not your forte.

    You're going to mislead a lot of Fi-dom (whereas I gather your intention is lead them away from being INFJ), as dominant Feeling is the most differentiated & able to be called rational & reasonable.

    And your personal experience is lacking, as is anyone's (all hail Ne for going beyond it!). It's not necessarily entirely inaccurate, but turning quirks of people you know into whole type patterns perpetuates & creates silly stereotypes. I'm an INFP and don't have sentimental attachments to objects; all of my decor must be aesthetically pleasing & functional & that's it, although I enjoy cluttering it with general mess from living. Anyhow, the first half of the INFP video sounds like you're describing a Si-dom, of the e9 variety. The "sentimental collector" stereotype is more aptly applied to them, if you're going to stereotype behaviors.

    The inferior Te part is good. The word for it is really "self-righteous" though, and the attack is on the person's moral character. But from my perspective, Ti-Fe types are as likely to get butthurt. Fe types tend to guilt-trip & make the person feel bad for making them feel bad, an attack on their interrelationship skills, invalidating content by its manner of expression ("how rude!"). This is most hilarious when a Ti-dom complains of other people's manners. I agree that Ti types also tell people why they're wrong, or try to, but it usually just sounds like, "You're a stupid stupid-head!". This is obviously an attack on their intellect.
    ... passive aggressive. I don't think you're reading the words I'm posting at all.

    The reason I have a following on youtube is because I am the first person to not Parrot what jung said word for word.

    If you don't like it or can't comprehend it that's your own problem. Let the Fi doms get confused. They're usually confused because they're self typed incorrectly to begin with.

  7. #57
    On The blessblessblessblesster
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It's not necessarily entirely inaccurate, but turning quirks of people you know into whole type patterns perpetuates & creates silly stereotypes.
    I do it! Actually, it's more of a feeeeeel thing with me. Liiiike.... an INFJ is more.... thinking.... and more self aware, and an INFP just kinda...... floats around............... INFJs are more rigid, INFPs are....... well they'll feel good about you one minute, and turn on you the next. You see, shit like that. That's how I type people. INFPs are WAY WAY WAY more gushy... they gush and gush and gush all over you.... they'll go apeshit with joy if you give them warm words. INFJs will be more factual. Hey I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm trashing INFPs, it's just I like INFJs more.... they click with me better because they can be more straightforward, are more tolerant of my straightforwardness, and I feel like I can rely on them more. And I learn more from them. Sorry if I made you feel bad. See, INTJs care about you. We all do really. But we like to hide it. So when an INTJ tells you "you suck" what they really mean is "I like you so much, but I'm afraid that you'll find out". Straight from the horse's mouth. Trust me, we're all sweethearts inside. Trust me, it'll be the best thing you ever did.

  8. #58
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post
    LET IT OUT, PLEASE LET IT OUT. I loooove to hear people rage. THE PASSION.......... ooohhh the passssiiooooonnn and humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Next time I feel like getting banned I'll be sure to do that.

  9. #59
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    @OrangeAppled...

    I feel like you took the video WAY too seriously. It should be fairly easy to see where I'm exaggerating, where Im joking, and where I'm not.

  10. #60
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    ... passive aggressive. I don't think you're reading the words I'm posting at all.

    The reason I have a following on youtube is because I am the first person to not Parrot what jung said word for word.

    If you don't like it or can't comprehend it that's your own problem. Let the Fi doms get confused.
    Well, I was actually watching a video. And then the post kept changing word for word....kind of hard to read them all that way.

    Don't confuse "entertaining" for "informative" (but then I'm asking for something more precise again), and I won't confuse "attention seeking" for "real debate".

    Pretty sure you don't want the oh so speshial INFJs being confused with INFPs either.... so maybe accuracy should be re-thought.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INFJ mistyped as INTP?
    By Nyx in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-08-2016, 05:36 AM
  2. Video: INFP vs. INFJ: Andrew Garfield and Carey Mulligan
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 09:33 AM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs who were mistyped
    By brainheart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 04:38 PM
  4. [MBTItm] INFJs mistyping as NTs?
    By kissmyasthma in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 06:42 PM
  5. Am I an INFP mistyped as INFJ?
    By cfs1992 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO