User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Society

to the title question: is is possible to imitate Ne?

i present to you - the glass beads game.

btw, that's not as much of a "yes", but rather a "maybe, some people are working on it".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

that's kinda weird, because it's like saying Ni is a judging function....or? maybe that's why ENFJs are annoying nitpicking people? joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The main difference between Ne and Ni is that Ne can choose which ones are promising, Ni can't. There's no choice to make because it already knows. This is likely why Ni-types find it so difficult to think like Ne.

Seriously, if you said 'hat,' I'd think 'hat.'
    anyways, personal reaction to the title: "WTF!?", followed by: use whatever function(s) you're comfortable with and leave Ne to us, the professionals

on a more serious note....i hate reading descriptions of Ne. because.....it's not a "thought" function. it's an automatic function (at least for me). so all the descriptions end up being wrong. i mean, (my) Ne is not about thinking about all possible connections, the connections just come, automatically. actually, sometimes i wish i could turn off my mind, turn off the connections, but i can't...and sometimes, when my mind is working hard, it can be really tiring, because i automatically see connections with everything, and then no one gets my jokes/thinks i'm crazy.
    which is why i was saying leave Ne to "us". i mean, if you're putting effort to it, my guess is you're already not doing it right

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Some way or another, the fact that the OP currently identifies as EN(T)P speaks volumes.

Nope @ OP.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

^Hey, but anything is possible, right?

(Or does that only work with if you started out a real xNxP.........)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Trying to imitate Ne reminds me of Rudy trying to play Nathan on Misfits. Iow, fail.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    put some contructive criticism
    ok...get a job.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Roughly 40% of this forum types me as ISTP, and if I am ISTP, apparently then I have imitated Ne well enough to make 50% of the forum type me as INTP.

I believe the trick to imitating Ne, whether you are or are not an Ne user, must be to design theories out of random chaos, manifesting unprecedented creative power (kind of like this sentence).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think the easiest way would just be to try to expand whatever idea you have. If you want to Ne off of "hat", you need to branch outwards from the hat. You can branch into hat, hatmakers, history, mercury, lead, poisoning, arsenic, bottles, chemistry, bubbles, pasta, noodles, China, monsoon, umbrella, raincoat, hat, etc. Or you can branch into hat, hatband, ribbon, decorating, parties, weddings, white, sand, beach, ocean, nature, moon, stars, space, Neil Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, biking, helmet, hat, etc. The key is to keep moving, keep letting yourself jump immediately into the next idea without worrying about why or what it means or whether it's useful. What you eventually find is that you end up creating linking circles (like how I returned to hat both times), which gives you a greater concept-space around the word hat, and you can then more quickly relate hat to anything else in the world - and that begins to make it easy to see complex interrelationships that others don't necessarily track because you are so used to rapidly following strings of association and so habitually focused on reconnecting one thing to the next.

Sidenote, it's completely the opposite of Ni because the point is to do the opposite of distilling - you want to encompass as much as possible. Ni is looking inward at the hat and asking, what is the telos of this?, while Si is looking at the hat asking, what is the essence of this?, and Se is watching the hat in action and asking, what is this doing?. Ne is taking the hat, standing on it, and looking at everything in relation to the hat.