User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP

Punctilious analogy SquirrelTao, well done. Welcome to the forum and hope to hear more from you.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    INXX

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Punctilious analogy SquirrelTao, well done. Welcome to the forum and hope to hear more from you.
    Thanks

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Good question and yes I have felt suppressed by the 9-5 grind.

But I've learned to make peace with the structure; I like getting a paycheck.

To compensate, I maximize my energy so that I can follow my bliss in my free time.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INFP

hmm I've never felt anything like a flow before, actually. Because it is kind of true that the way I tend to do things happen to be the most impractical and inefficient way ever, and for a simple task I can take 3 hours while others can take half an hour.

so yup, I just tend to follow what others tell me to do. I think if I'm given my own freedom and time I'd just laze around until the last minute and rush up everything till the deadline. Although too strict a schedule or working manner is not good, regardless of whether it interrupts my flow or not. I just simply balk at too much rigidity.

I own my own business with my brother who also tests as an INFP. It is great having the freedom to schedule my work week and days off. But then there's the problem of getting enough work. We both struggle with the motivation to seek it out and often we will be broke, but spend that time playing music and learning about things unrelated to our trade. I still wouldn't want to work for the man again though, but I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.
    Happy colored marbles that are rolling in my head..." - Ween

MBTI
    INFP

When I was in high school and obsessed with my 'ideal' of becoming a journalist; I would always do my homework as soon as I got it. I was really efficient in that respect, but depressed and stressed out.

When I gave up on that 'ideal', I felt like a whole load had been taken off my shoulders and loosened up a lot. I got into the habit of leaving things until the last minute. Even now when I have to do homework I leave it to the last minute. I could probably do it better and more efficiently if I did it earlier but oh well, I just don't have the motivation.

I guess yeah, I tend to do things in my own flow.

Even doing everyday things such as cleaning, I'm sure everyone else can do it better than I could.