User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Why do you say you want everyone to be in a trance?
    I believe most of us are often in involuntary trances, often socially induced, and I think it is sensible to learn to wake from involuntary trances.

One way to learn to wake from involunatary trances is to learn to voluntarily put oneself in a trance, then to voluntarily learn to wake up.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I believe most of us are often in involuntary trances, often socially induced, and I think it is sensible to learn to wake from involuntary trances.

One way to learn to wake from involunatary trances is to learn to voluntarily put oneself in a trance, then to voluntarily learn to wake up.
    Everybody perceive's things differently my good victor. A persons mind cannot always been known so easily as to assume they are aware of trances or not.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Everybody perceive's things differently my good victor. A persons mind cannot always been known so easily as to assume they are aware of trances or not.
    Well, as we move into a trance we can become aware of the physical changes and the changes to our psyche. Usually these changes are taken for granted and so pass unnoticed.

And as we move into a trance our critical faculties go progressively to sleep and our imaginative faculties progressively awake.

So we can characterise a particular trance by its mix of critical and imaginative facultities.

This opens the possibility of trance design where we deliberately design a trance in advance.