User Tag List

Qatie:)

Default Why the ENFP stops talking

lately ive come to realize somthing about my enfp-ness and why i get quiet.
    perhaps this will be true of others as well

When emotionally hurt the enfp~
    1.) takes the comment personally through Fi and/or objectivly through Te
    2.) this perception of the nature and relativity of the comment is then transfered to the Si function.
    3.) after being transfered to the Si function the ENFP then relates this back to Fi. This often rears its ugly head in odd opinions. ex. "I dont like blue" this might be because the person who insulted the ENFP was wearing blue at the time. By association the ENFP can comfort themselves when you wear the color blue because blue is not pretty to them anymore.
    4.) This lasts for a good 20 minuets (as most things do with the ENFP) and they pop that into Te and they realize they like the color blue, all relations aside.
    5.) Now the ENFP has realized that the more you talk to them, the more ridiculous things they dislike.
    6.) The ENFP subconciously concludes that you are hurting them and they turn off the charming qualitys they once had and turn on the quiet.
    7.) They subconciously stratigize to bore you untill you are absent from their emotional grounds.
    8.) Then with 100% accuracy a flying red high heel wearing monk falls from the sky and screams to the people of south-west asia "......."

P.s. feel free to add to this your personal explanations for quietness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@Qatie

I don't relate to this, but I have a very tiny Fi and it doesn't often get cross.

I guess I've been there, on the offending side. It's very hard to resolve, especially when the quietness blocks the ability to resolve. I guess this is the ENFP equivalent of the INFJ 'doorslam', final straw?

Qatie:)

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    @Qatie

I don't relate to this, but I have a very tiny Fi and it doesn't often get cross.

I guess I've been there, on the offending side. It's very hard to resolve, especially when the quietness blocks the ability to resolve. I guess this is the ENFP equivalent of the INFJ 'doorslam', final straw?

you could say that
    thats what always happened when i was in abusive relationships in the past
    i suppose it was too specific of a statement to apply to much anyone else lol

plus, nice avatar

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qatie:) View Post
    you could say that
    thats what always happened when i was in abusive relationships in the past
    i suppose it was too specific of a statement to apply to much anyone else lol

plus, nice avatar
    Thanks, my avatar is a federal mandated warning label.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I guess it depends on where I'm at. Like at work, I go into my quiet and very professional mode and intentionally keep a distance while still remaining friendly.

It's awkward for me because I like interacting and engaging with people.

But, if someone crosses my boundaries, I pretty much don't talk to them. If they're a friend and something they do or did bothered me, I talk out openly then and there. Or if time does not permit it, I save it for later. I can't conceal what I feel. I think it's healthy to talk and let the other person know what bothers me.

If they're like a casual acquaintance or not a true friend, let it be.. No need to talk things out, because there's a certain level of trust I allow into my life and when I can't trust someone, I won't try to pretend and I won't be lovey dovey so I get into my quiet, leave-me-alone mode.