User Tag List

12 Last

Default How is Ni+Fe like to you?

How does it help you in your life? What problems does it cause?

MBTI
    INFJ

When it works, it's great -- not to brag, but I'm great to be around! Smart, witty, empathetic, high-spirited etc., etc, ad nauseum... The problem is, if I'm bored or have something on my mind, it shuts right off and it's like I'm not there. And if I'm irritated, you know it, although I've tried to work really hard the past few years not to make it so apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    When it works, it's great -- not to brag, but I'm great to be around! Smart, witty, empathetic, high-spirited etc., etc, ad nauseum... The problem is, if I'm bored or have something on my mind, it shuts right off and it's like I'm not there. And if I'm irritated, you know it, although I've tried to work really hard the past few years not to make it so apparent.
    Great. I see, I've heard that when Fe users are angry, they tend to want everyone to be angry with them. Is that true at all in your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Great. I see, I've heard that when Fe users are angry, they tend to want everyone to be angry with them. Is that true at all in your experience?
    I rarely get angry. Anger is already an uncomfortable and messy emotion - sharing it is not something I want to do. I will work out the cause on my own and once I figure out why I'm angry that knowledge makes the anger dissipate. I would not want another to feel anger because I did. I seek validation in other emotions but not anger.

To answer the op, I have the same answer for both - lots of different perspectives and concern of how decisions will affect others. Helping and hindering on a regular basis.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

It's like a jack in the box with your mothers face.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I rarely get angry. Anger is already an uncomfortable and messy emotion - sharing it is not something I want to do. I will work out the cause on my own and once I figure out why I'm angry that knowledge makes the anger dissipate. I would not want another to feel anger because I did. I seek validation in other emotions but not anger.

To answer the op, I have the same answer for both - lots of different perspectives and concern of how decisions will affect others. Helping and hindering on a regular basis.
    Oh okay, could you give me an example?

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Sounds like fun

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That made me laugh out loud and startled my cat.

Ni. It's always described as "Ah Ha!" moments. In those online descriptions. It's not like that for me. It's like when a situation or whatever comes up, I just know stuff. I get it. Understand it....and not because of "ah ha!" It's like it was there before I knew what the situation was/is. Or they happen together. Does that make sense?

And Ni with Fe--that sucks sometimes let me tell ya. It causes a really icky internal struggle that isn't fun and sometimes Fe wins and I hate myself afterwards.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think the weirdest thing is kinda seeing everything backwards almost. Or maybe not backwards exactly. I am always mentally fast-forwarding scenarios, playing with variables and probabilities. I don't really miss the forest for the trees so much as try to see so far into the forest that I walk into the tree in front of me fairly regularly.

I automatically mentally flip scenarios and play devil's advocate with my initial inclinations, checking for bias, missed variables, and lack of compassion. I don't always come to conclusions and take actions based on those analysis, but they take up a fair amount of brain space.

I am also usually attempting to codify unwritten social rules in my head. That can actually be kind of fun because a lot of the rules sound incredibly stupid and/or petty and/or vulgar when you make them explicit instead of implicit. It also gets me in trouble sometimes, especially when I have the misfortune to have them solidify in my head while I'm already running my mouth about something, and worst of all, if I'm engaging in nervous chatter. People either end up thinking I'm out to lunch or inspired. Usually they think I'm out to lunch, which I suppose is a reasonable conclusion based on the data available.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think the weirdest thing is kinda seeing everything backwards almost. Or maybe not backwards exactly. I am always mentally fast-forwarding scenarios, playing with variables and probabilities. I don't really miss the forest for the trees so much as try to see so far into the forest that I walk into the tree in front of me fairly regularly.

I automatically mentally flip scenarios and play devil's advocate with my initial inclinations, checking for bias, missed variables, and lack of compassion. I don't always come to conclusions and take actions based on those analysis, but they take up a fair amount of brain space.

I am also usually attempting to codify unwritten social rules in my head. That can actually be kind of fun because a lot of the rules sound incredibly stupid and/or petty and/or vulgar when you make them explicit instead of implicit. It also gets me in trouble sometimes, especially when I have the misfortune to have them solidify in my head while I'm already running my mouth about something, and worst of all, if I'm engaging in nervous chatter. People either end up thinking I'm out to lunch or inspired. Usually they think I'm out to lunch, which I suppose is a reasonable conclusion based on the data available.
    That sounds really fascinating, could you give me an example?