User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    STP

Ok, lets take this objectionally.

Te is used to take someone somewhere logically. I will defeat you if you follow me to where I am leading you.

Fe is the same way in regards to feeling.

Sorry protean but logic is easier to follow and direct online than feelings.

Enneagram
    1w2

LOL, what?

This got really :crazy: really fast.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EIE

OK, I think there are actually many differences - obvious, as planning stuff, liking/disliking decision making etc, but I want to write about the two 'easiest to spot' differences:

1. Privacy
    ENFJs will tell you a lot of personal details, but to the point only. Nothing about family problems or so (if he/she does, you're a super close person).
    ENFPs on the other hand are much more open.

2. How they move and look.

ENFPs are often charmingly-clumsy (my good ENFP friend is dangerous to be around when having a cup of coffee in her hand ). Also their fashion style is.. very NF. They also move around a lot.

ENFJs look more socially-acceptable, but often with one little personal, extravagant detail. I didn't notice ENFJs clumsiness, though I get a bit tensed when somebody watches closely what I do. We're also really relaxed among friends (I am constantly told I sit like I own the place ).

So, the two.

On the other hand, a very intriguing difference for me is the morality these two types present. I'm pretty sure some ENFJs will not agree, but I'll write it anyway, because I'm intrigued if you also feel this way:

ENFPs have their own moral code. Pretty crazy sometimes, but very stiff. It often has nothing to do with the one society follows, but still THEY HAVE IT. Must be the Fi, I presume.
    ENFJs are more.. hm.. conventional. The morality steams more from empathy. We also have this 'save the world' thing...

Damn, am I selling our secrets??

Cool thread, btw.
    Last edited by Happyman; 09-15-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: grammar mistake! ;)
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    LOL, what?

This got really :crazy: really fast.

You are gonna have to use Ti my padawon if you plan to defeat goatboy Fe will not serve you good here.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    You are gonna have to use Ti my padawon if you plan to defeat goatMAN455 Fe will not serve you good here.

Who is trying to defeat me? That won't work, lol. This isn't a competition, we are expressing views in a friendly manner, and Fe is not very effective on message boards where people are trying to make points anyway. I think in person is where Fe shines.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    Who is trying to defeat me? That won't work, lol.
    Oh man I think we've met our maker.

^Times infinity.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Happyman View Post
    OK, I think there are actually many differences - obvious, as planning stuff, liking/disliking decision making etc, but I want to write about the two 'easiest to spot' differences:

1. Privacy
    ENFJs will tell you a lot of personal details, but to the point only. Nothing about family problems or so (if he/she does, you're a super close person).
    ENFPs on the other hand are much more open.

2. How they move and look.

ENFPs are often charmingly-clumsy (my good ENFP friend is dangerous to be around when having a cup of coffee in her hand ). Also their fashion style is.. very NF. They also move around a lot.

ENFJs look more socially-acceptable, but often with one little personal, extravagant detail. I didn't notice ENFJs clumsiness, though I get a bit tensed when somebody watches closely what I do. We're also really relaxed among friends (I am constantly told I sit like I own the place ).

So, the two.

On the other hand, a very intriguing difference for me is the morality these two types present. I'm pretty sure some ENFJs will not agree, but I'll write it anyway, because I'm intrigued if you also feel this way:

ENFPs have their own moral code. Pretty crazy sometimes, but very stiff. It often has nothing to do with the one society follows, but still THEY HAVE IT. Must be the Fi, I presume.
    ENFJs are more.. hm.. conventional. The morality steams more from empathy. We also have this 'save the world' thing...

Damn, am I selling our secrets??

Cool thread, btw.

Very interesting, I think you touch on some good points.
    However as far as the sitting like you own the place, I think that arrogant swagger (no offense, but it is true in my experience) is present in a lot of ENFJs, I consider it a big weakness, but no doubt some (mainly EJs) like it.

I have noticed at least for me, as an ENFP, I am more "save the world" than ENFJs I know. This could be down to the individual and something that these personality systems don't cover, but I feel like ENFJs want to help the world, but they do it on a level that is closer and more personal to them. They also are more likely to do it by helping individuals.

Again, I am not trying to insult anyone, but any exploration of positive traits without negative ones is against the whole point of personality typing. We must attempt to get closer to the "shared truth" as much as we can.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Oh man I think we've met our maker.

^Times infinity.
    You forgot this part when you quoted me (surprise, no benefit of the doubt here)

"This isn't a competition, we are expressing views in a friendly manner, and Fe is not very effective on message boards where people are trying to make points anyway. I think in person is where Fe shines."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    You forgot this part when you quoted me (surprise, no benefit of the doubt here)

"This isn't a competition, we are expressing views in a friendly manner, and Fe is not very effective on message boards where people are trying to make points anyway. I think in person is where Fe shines."
    Sarcasm dude. Lol.

Let your Te chill out, did you not get to leave the house today or something?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Sarcasm dude. Lol.

Let your Te chill out, did you not get to leave the house today or something?

Sorry I didn't get it. I left my house, why? Does that have something to do with whether one puts up with nonsense or not?

I was trying to get proteanmix and my discussion to a more private level so we wouldn't cause this kind of reaction in this thread.

For what it is worth, I am sorry if anyone is upset with what I said, but I have a lot of experience dealing with these personality types and I am merely stating what I believe to be accurate.