User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Alcea Rosea View Post
    My experience:

ENFJ's tend to charm people.
    ENFP's tend to be charmed by people (but not necessarily fooled by charming people ).

ENFJ's are well aware of their impact on people.
    ENFP's are not.

ENFJ's are willing to do a lot for people, they are even ready not to be themselves if the group harmony requires so.
    ENFP's are not willing to sacrifice against their strongest beliefs (Fi!).

ENFP's are more random but their (almost) every thought is connected (Ne!) even if other people don't see the connection (lack of Ne, LOL).
    ENFJ's are great leaders and very gifted in people management.

Both types talk A LOT.
    ENFJ's feel very warm.
    I'm not so sure about ENFP's.
    ENFP's can feel very strange.
    Sounds about right except I DO think that she's got a way of charming people, and I don't think she's strange. The only thing that strikes me as a bit odd is her horrible taste in clothing. And some of her randomness. For example I paid over $100 to get blond streaks into her naturally dark blond hair, then a week later she bought a $7 box of home haircolor and dyed it medium brown. Stuff like that.

Yeah, I'd say that she's not the greatest with the follow-through, she gets the ball rolling and then hands off the details to others.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Yeah, she is starting to sound fairly ENFP.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

ENFPs are masters of non-linear thought. Even if the descriptions are similar, the ENFP is more closely related to the ENTP as both share the same dominant function. They are masters of seeing things in a unique light unfettered by the structure and expectations ingrained by society. The ENFJ isn't as whimsical, but more methodical. The ENFJ is considered the ideal mentor. They are both insightful about other people and are charismatic and inspiring. The ENFJ projects a stronger sense of stability and emotional understanding while the ENFP shares such insight, but is especially at home in the realm of ideas (Ne dominant).
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

I'm pretty sure then that she's an ENFP. I guess her self-testing was correct.

Just to create a picture in your mind - if Juno and Elle Woods had a baby = my daughter. LOL

MBTI
    ENFP

I noticed on the career list on Similar Minds that the jobs for both of these types weren't exactly the professional or highly-educated ones. Is there a reason for this? (heck, even the jobs for my type are more studious sounding - engineers, mathematician, etc.).

ENFP -
    performer, actor, entertainer, songwriter, musician, filmmaker, comedian, radio broadcaster/dj, some job related to theater/drama, poet, music journalist, work in fashion industry, singer, movie producer, playwright, bartender, comic book author, work in television, dancer, artist, record store owner, model, freelance artist, teacher (art, drama, music), writer, painter, massage therapist, costume designer, choreographer, make up artist

As an ENFP, i take offense to this! Ok, not really. But despite the fact that to be a costume designer or a songwriter or an actor may not require a Bachelor's or Doctor's degree, they are highly skilled professions. They may not seem like it to a biochemist or pharmacist, but they do require a lot of ability and PERSEVERANCE. Especially the performing jobs. Massage Therapists make big bucks though!

And most musicians do have high degree levels. you have to have a master's to play in most professional orchestras and such. and it's not just learning the notes to play, they have to learn stuff like the "circle of fifths" and "counterpoint composing" and that actually takes a lot of math! it's just math with a pretty sound at the end!

If I were an ENFP I'd probably take offense too! LOL There seems to be an awful lot of possibly starving artist type jobs or at least jobs that don't have typically high salaries. IMO, it's all about education and degrees these day but that's the way it is (unfortunately). My three sisters and I (and several uncles,aunts, etc) all went into professions like the ones listed and we all had a really tough time making ends meet or were not well paid. It's often low pay, feast or famine, up and down, one month you can pay your rent - next month, not. Even as a P, I'm totally againt that for my kids. But I guess that's not going to be up to me in the long run.

But I'm not understanding WHY are these types of professions suggested for this type? Are they not interested in traditionally secure, high-paying, highly-educated professions?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    If I were an ENFP I'd probably take offense too! LOL There seems to be an awful lot of possibly starving artist type jobs or at least jobs that don't have typically high salaries. IMO, it's all about education and degrees these day but that's the way it is (unfortunately). My three sisters and I (and several uncles,aunts, etc) all went into professions like the ones listed and we all had a really tough time making ends meet or were not well paid. It's often low pay, feast or famine, up and down, one month you can pay your rent - next month, not. Even as a P, I'm totally againt that for my kids. But I guess that's not going to be up to me in the long run.

But I'm not understanding WHY are these types of professions suggested for this type? Are they not interested in traditionally secure, high-paying, highly-educated professions?
    I think it's an issue of the ENFP's sense of personal ethics and Fi. From what I've read nearly everything an ENFP does must be in line with their internal sense of personal ethics.

Those are jobs that people are usually very passionate about, but don't make alot of money with. It just kind of works out that way.

I know for me, if I'm not super into something, then I'm not going to do it. It's kind of an all or nothing mentality, but only for things that ignite a fire within me.
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

That makes sense.

MBTI
    ENFP

well. i have an office job right now. and i HATE it. there's so much bureaucracy and mindless details. i feel like my soul dies a little more each day. i've worked here for three years and i make pretty good money, have a 401k, paid insurance, huge christmas bonus... (not bad for a 23 yr old) but i just can't stay here any longer. if it comes down to starving vs being happy, i'd totally pick starving.

so, i think, stereotypically, we ENFPs don't want traditional corporate careers. but i kinda think that comparing one career field to another is like comparing apples to oranges.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    well, if she keeps spilling out strange ideas like "when i grow up, i want to become the minister of health and rid it of corruption by employing an army of 10 million policemen to survey them", or is the more studious type(likes to know a great many things), gets bored very easily, acts all goofy and things like that, then she is an enfp

dunno how ENFJ's really behave frankly
    Oh man, yeah...I used to have pretty strange ideas as a kid/teenager, too.

At twelve, I was saying things like:

"In the future, I am going to go to college, get my Ph.D., get into an international organization and become a diplomat and eventually become the Secretary of State."

Yeah, that'll pretty much flabbergast or shut most people up. Then I decided, "Hmm, that is probably not the BEST thing to say."
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.