User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I used to have a best friend who's an ENFJ- we were really close because we got all of eachother's weird jokes and were both idealistic dreamers. That being said, I guess the biggest differences are that I tended to be more patient with people, although she has a much easier time being friends initially, mostly because she liked to entertain more than she needed to be truly accepted with every aspect of her being, which was more important to me. I think this need for true friendships can make ENFP's very wary of who they put their efforts into, both types get hurt pretty easily, but ENFP's and ENFJ's have different definitions for levels of friendship. I think ENFJ's are more interested in getting along in the moment, and ENFP's are more concerned with where this relationship is going to go.
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Thinkinjazz that is very insightful. It puts into words what I was trying to say earlier a lot better than I did. ENFJs almost always see themselves as long term oriented, like Happyman stated earlier, but they never seem to realize that they are so in the moment with their feelings. You are very correct, from my perspective at least. I think ENFJs have a tough time looking at their weakness, and really worry about worrying.

My best advice to ENFJs is to love your worrying, it is what makes you a good person. If you didn't worry about things, you wouldn't be as nice as you are, as caring, or as concerned. Let the worries pull you up, don't let them push you down.

BTW, any of you familiar with socionics. I think it is a little more accurate and certainly truer to the underlying Jungian framework than MBTI.

Socionics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ESI here.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    ESI here.
    So you are an ISTP Meyers Briggs and Socionics ISFJ, wow I have never heard of that before?

The thing I like is how Socionics acknowledges all of the functions. It goes along with MBTI in a certain respect, but then it acknowledges the unconscious functions. For example an ENFJ has a very strong unconscious Fi. It acknowledges their strength with Fi, but also puts in perspective why it may not seem to fit them when we discuss ENFJs, because it is unconscious.

This is a very simple explanation, but I think it is worth looking at for people interested in personality types.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Goatman455 View Post
    So you are an ISTP Meyers Briggs and Socionics ISFJ, wow I have never heard of that before?
    My type says ISFP. Lots of debate over S and N... but I'm an S when it comes down to it with a lot of Ne influence growing up (every friend I had was an Ne user, and my dad was as well).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    My type says ISFP. Lots of debate over S and N... but I'm an S when it comes down to it with a lot of Ne influence growing up (every friend I had was an Ne user, and my dad was as well).

Oh yeah, whoops, clearly I am an N. Sorry about that.

Yeah socionics frequently switches the J and P for introverts.

MBTI INTJ can frequently be Socionics INTP.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

hard to tell, NFs tend to score low both in E/I and P/J. on one hand we're quite open minded and love new ideas and experiences. on the other, we're cause oriented and will stop at nothing to achieve a goal (I know I'm like this, I'm too ambitious to function and I'm a Perceiver). ENFPs tend to have a bit of a "switch", going from friendly, warm, easy going, goofy and fun to strong hearted, mature, determined, passionate, fiery, and even heroic. We are often mistaken for Js in this mode because we are all business and if you fuck with us, we will kill you =). Personally, I prefer not to let this crazy John Brown-esque side of me out frequently, but sometimes if I see something that is really wrong, it just happens

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Ah, bathing in the light of Te. *smacks forhead*
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

We are often mistaken for Js in this mode because we are all business and if you fuck with us, we will kill you =). Personally, I prefer not to let this crazy John Brown-esque side of me out frequently, but sometimes if I see something that is really wrong, it just happens
    Errm... I used to think I was an ENFP. But on this forum, I see I'm not as carefree, spontaneous and silly as the ENFPs here. I think I'm less dreamy and more OCD focused on getting my projects done. Also, I am pretty organized, I like making lots of lists. I actually enjoy planning a project and delegating more than doing it. lol. I rarely misplace stuff or get lost. People at work tease me because I get so serious and engrossed in my work, and I don't like it when I'm interupted in the middle of projects.

(All, which seem to be contrary to ENFP traits. )

Enneagram
    1w2

It has always seemed to me that the defining difference between FJs (Fe users) and FPs (Fi users) is people pragmatism vs. people optimism. Each has their purpose and I wouldn't say one is overall better than the other.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3