User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well...i actually have zero interest in someone who doesn't like me but someone who doesn't immediately hit on me is more attractive because that tells me that perhaps they're not superficial and wouldn't want to date me just because they liked how i looked...so...yeah, THAT i like. i want to talk to that person who might actually only like me because he digs my personality.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    His/her(?)
    Click on my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    well...i actually have zero interest in someone who doesn't like me but someone who doesn't immediately hit on me is more attractive because that tells me that perhaps they're not superficial and wouldn't want to date me just because they liked how i looked...so...yeah, THAT i like. i want to talk to that person who might actually only like me because he digs my personality.
    Sounds good. *Off topic* I don't see why anyone would be interested in someone not liking them. I am turned off by someone who tries to get me by being phony or with their looks.

*On topic* So I'm sure everyone can agree that it's an unhealthy tendency for ENFPs (and other kinds of people I'm sure) to not be able to let go. Why does this happen? I've always been curious of this, since I read it. I just don't get it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I agree. NFPs go into something I like to call "crusader mode" when they feel that their personal values are not being fulfilled, whether it be by an institution that they work for or someone accusing them of not living by their own values. The latter can result in some serious anger from the NFP in question.

I have been trying to curb my "crusade response" because it is especially serious business if you're an almost ESTP 7. It makes me want to fight everything.

Edit: I thought you were a girl, BlackCat!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I agree. NFPs go into something I like to call "crusader mode" when they feel that their personal values are not being fulfilled, whether it be by an institution that they work for or someone accusing them of not living by their own values. The latter can result in some serious anger from the NFP in question.

I have been trying to curb my "crusade response" because it is especially serious business if you're an almost ESTP 7. It makes me want to fight everything.

Edit: I thought you were a girl, BlackCat!
    I see with have a lot in common tiny. I go in this "crusader mode" all the time, and as a result I get very mad and it lasts all day for me.

I can also say that I score all over the place, I'm very much borderline. It seems I'm an INTJ or ISTJ wanting to come out of it's shell.

And yeah I get that a lot. Most people think I'm a girl until they see the picture. When I work the goatee isn't enough for some people and I get ma'amed. I look at them like and then speak to them with the deepest voice I can muster.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Click on my profile.

Sounds good. *Off topic* I don't see why anyone would be interested in someone not liking them. I am turned off by someone who tries to get me by being phony or with their looks.

*On topic* So I'm sure everyone can agree that it's an unhealthy tendency for ENFPs (and other kinds of people I'm sure) to not be able to let go. Why does this happen? I've always been curious of this, since I read it. I just don't get it.
    well imo it's because we feel like we can resolve anything...like we're just one really great illuminating conversation away from getting it all sorted out....because we're optimists that feel like if there's a will there's a way...haha because we're passionate and believe in really trying/ fighting for things we want and because we believe everyone has the potential to be great and we hold out hope too long that it will be realized...until we don't.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

You guys are so enthusiastic, yet the thread starter never came back to validate what he/she said heh?

I think most of what he's said pretty untrue for common sense about ENFP. Maybe that's just a rare case when the ENFP is really in love.
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    This is true, however I'm nearly as cynical as you can get yet I find ENFPs extremely genuine people. I think Blackcat's statement about ENFP charming had more to do with how he saw it rather than accurately describing an ENFP socialization style.

Although I do agree with Udog's statement, the ENFPs I know become very interested in people that don't like them. Can't count the number of conversations about "that guy at the party that wouldn't talk to me." I don't know if they take it personally or what.
    I'm by no means a casanova, but I will admit that I obsess a bit over women who shun me. It's like "I'm a generally well liked person, so if this girl doesn't like me there's gotta be a good reason for that!". The cycle inevitably ends with me dismissing the girl's importance (and reaffirming myself: "I won't change for anyone!" Fi lvl up!) and moving on.

well imo it's because we feel like we can resolve anything...like we're just one really great illuminating conversation away from getting it all sorted out....because we're optimists that feel like if there's a will there's a way...haha because we're passionate and believe in really trying/ fighting for things we want and because we believe everyone has the potential to be great and we hold out hope too long that it will be realized...until we don't.
    That's some hippie poetry right there, but all true nonetheless

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What if that illuminating conversation doesn't work? Do you repeat the cycle? I will admit it's hard for me to let go if I saw/see potential, but I mostly just resolve it in my head and move on.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well yeah...that's when we say screw it.

it's just that interpersonal relationships are our thing, you know? so we don't half ass it. we give 100% until we don't.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

damn that's a statement, isn't it?
    Why?

I will clarify one point: The thing I love about ENFPs is that their charm is a natural extension of them simply expressing themselves. It's very genuine.