First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

^^ Sorry you've been sad, EXOTICCC.

You do realize that the original post was pretty much full of shit though, right? He's either a troll or was trying to be funny, but failed.

The only thing I think ENFPs need to watch out for is #1, as I've seen them fall into that trap too many times to outright dismiss that point.

Quote Originally Posted by EXOTICCC View Post
    he was never very complimentry he never made my ego feel good when things got bad, but i kept alive the picture of how it used to be
    and reading that post about stringing them along really hurt me and made me feel cheap and miserable
    whats funny is i can get who ever i want and always have been able too, so it hurts when i cant get him back, only physically i can get him which means lil to me....
    ENFPs, just because you live in a world where most people are suckers for your charm, it does NOT mean that someone immune to it is worthy of your time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EXOTICCC View Post
    awww...sweet person sorry this stupid thread got to you. i don't think it was meant to be serious and if so they're full of shit because enfp's normally have a pretty healthy self concept and expect equality in relationships and need to feel affirmed and appreciated and all that so...this person saying the opposite is just bs. don't let anyone treat you that way. it is not love...that is not how you love someone...so let em go work on you and don't look back.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

ENFPs, just because you live in a world where most people are suckers for your charm, it does NOT mean that someone immune to it is worthy of your time.
    damn that's a statement, isn't it?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

We do not need to get up in arms over an old thread that was obviously someone lashing out at a type for an individual's behaviour. Come on, ENFPs! We're better than that.

Yeh, I think the original was meant to be a joke. Sorry to hear about that though. I think Udog is right. It's hard but you don't want to chase the one who screws you round. And love is better mutual.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I think I'm immune to this also. :rolli: But ENFPs that I let into my life got to me in a way other than charm, they actually talked to me about normal friend things. This is also why a lot (and I mean a LOT) of ENFPs don't talk to me, because it doesn't work on me. The friendships starting had nothing to do with charm, so I'm guessing a healthy ENFP won't rely on their charm all the time. I do however see these unhealthy ENFPs "charming" people into being their friends all the time. It kind of bothers me.

The funny thing is, the OP is pretty much the definition of an unhealthy ENFP in a relationship. One of these ENFPs that didn't talk to me after one conversation is in an abusing relationship, constantly breaking up with and reconnecting with her boyfriend because she thinks it isn't over.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmmhmmm...someone thinks highly of himself. nice of you to always express your disdain for enfp's i know i for one greatly appreciate it.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I don't understand. "Charming people into being our friends"?

I like new friends and some people say I am charming. Behaving like that is most likely to get me new friends. It's not as though I intend to use and manipulate said friend. Hell, I might not connect with them completely and I meet such a volume of "new friends" every day that it simply doesn't occur to me to keep in constant touch with all of them. All of my deeper friendships had very little to do with how charming I was, but it just happens to be the face I put forward most often. It certainly is the most convenient.

Why does this bother people? I am curious. I had no idea that this kind of behaviour upset anyone.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

A healthy anyone is a cool person. I don't hate ENFPs at all. I just dislike unhealthy people. If I disliked ENFPs then I wouldn't be friends with any. Unfortunately my judgment isn't accurate to everyone, because the age group that I associate with (high school) isn't exactly mature. I know plenty of older ENFPs (my mom is friends with a lot of them, being one herself and being around metaphysics) and they are all very cool people, save some unhealthy ones. I don't see where anything points to me thinking highly of myself either, if you meant by being immune to the charm I'm not saying that anyone who isn't is a lesser person at all. No person is lesser than another really.

Tiny: I think this kind of charming that I have experienced isn't a mature kind. It seems like some of the people take social chameleon to another level and don't act like themselves to get people to like them. I also meant the immature kind of ENFP charming people, which I have seen young and old. It seems to be like this.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I don't understand. "Charming people into being our friends"?

I like new friends and some people say I am charming. Behaving like that is most likely to get me new friends. It's not as though I intend to use and manipulate said friend. Hell, I might not connect with them completely and I meet such a volume of "new friends" every day that it simply doesn't occur to me to keep in constant touch with all of them. All of my deeper friendships had very little to do with how charming I was, but it just happens to be the face I put forward most often. It certainly is the most convenient.

Why does this bother people? I am curious. I had no idea that this kind of behaviour upset anyone.
    yeah...i have a problem with people trying to insinuate that to be "charming" is to be fake and/or manipulative. we actually are friendly and engaging with people because we are genuinely excited to meet them and talk with them. it's not bs...it's not an act...it's honest and people respond to it because it feels good to have someone genuinely enjoy your company...why would someone wish to paint that so negatively?
    -Jim Morrison