User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

reply to way earlier post.

I find that I have been an "unhealthy" enfp. Very manipulative and "boring". Nowadays though I just can't, thankfully to an insight I got that it felt bad and I didn't actually "meet" any one.
    It was as being a living dead. As if life was on hold whilst I tried make contact with myself but had to react to outer sources at the same time.

I think I've leveled up my Fi pretty much nowadays. xD (just random statement)
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    ENFP

i disagree with a lot of that, my friends are only people who treat me well.

I agree with Dom, it sounds like an enfp burned you :P

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    Anyhow, I was consulting with a male ENFP friend of mine, and he has been trapped in circulating thoughts of why his relationships ended and never seems be able to move on.

We've dissected some reasons for this, and I believe ENFPs- male or female, tend to have problems ending relationships and ceaselessly hang on despite the fact that it is made clear to them that the relationship is OVER.

Anyhow, here is a list on how to string along an ENFP:

1. Criticize them about their looks, intelligence and lifestyle choices. ENFPs have a masochistic side, have low opinions of themselves and will immediately be attracted to and attach themselves to anyone who criticizes them. Ironically ENFPs will not like people who are actually respectful and nice to them. Since ENFPs are the most common type in the population, this is where all the ridiculous pop psychology books "He's just not that into you" and "The Rules" come from. These are made for the ENFP.

2. Use them for sex. ENFPs believe sex is a sign of love, in polar opposite to the way NTs think sex is an EXPRESSION of sexual desire. Sexual desire does not necessarily equate love. However, ENFPs will hang on to a relationship as long as there is sex involved, because to them, sex IS love and what they value the most in a relationship of the opposite sex.

3. You might be feeling guilty about hurting an ENFP, so occasionally you throw out a compliment to the ENFP. Do not do this. The ENFP will interpret that as a sign of getting back together. In their minds- the relationship never ended, and despite the fact that you showed clear signs that you did not want the relationship to continue, they will ironically, BLAME themselves for the end of the relationship and think that they were in the wrong and not a combination of you and the ENFP together that lead to the demise. The ENFP will turn over the events in her/his head over and over, and think she/he should've done something differently. So if you are in that break-up phase, don't compliment or say nice things to the ENFP, they will misinterpret this as a sign that you will get back together.

Anyhow, I think that covers most of it. ENFPs are sensitive, but they have a hard time letting go so it's best to quickly rip the band-aid off, then forever string them along.

I'm ashamed to say that this is all very true
    Except for the sex part xD
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

i dont think that ENFPs are the most common types of the population.. NFs are or close to the most rare, SJs being the most common..

I'm pretty sure thats right..?

MBTI
    ENFP

1. Yes as a person I have stayed far too long in a bad relationship. More to do with time invested and really wanting to make sure I'm not making a mistake leaving. Compliments - see straight through them and don;t feel that comfortable receiving them unless I feel they are sincere, so in no way would I be flattered into staying into something I know is wrong.

Yes I will give all physically, but not cheaply and I can usually tell when someone is after cheap sex.

Yes I sometimes get overly sensitive to critisism and yes this is because I do make myself a figure of fun yet in some way think people will see there is a lot lore to me. mostly it's because I look so confident and yet the whole fun stuff is sometimes to hide the fact I feel quite uncomfortable and get far more silly when I do. But vanity isn't really the main culprit, frustration with myself.

I don;t have a low opinion of myself, but find it difficult to brag. With some people this seems the only way to impress and I suppose I feel people don't need to if you look hard enough, so yes maybe bragging is the way to go.

I feel the original post is a very cynical view point and rather nasty.

I do look for the best in people, but for me anyway, I don;t think anyone who butters me up is sincere, in other words I'm not stupid.

the only thing I do agree with is, I personally do see people as just really great and then find it over and over again amazing how selfish people can be and yet I've realised this is because of my own stupid expectations. I do on occasion try harder with people I find to be hard, to see if they have a soft side, but then quickly back off.

I also know I'm too sensitive and have learned to control that. But to use someone, well be happy with yourself for that one original poster. that's so clever and will really gain you happiness in the end!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

1. ENFP are one of the least likely, especially amongst men.
    2. I like sex. I have been burned, and personally fear all relationships and real intimacy right now. A problem, but certainly not typical.
    3. Probably would work if I cared about somebody.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

This thread makes me lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

ENFP:
    outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    Anyhow, here is a list on how to string along an ENFP:

1. Criticize them about their looks, intelligence and lifestyle choices. ENFPs have a masochistic side, have low opinions of themselves and will immediately be attracted to and attach themselves to anyone who criticizes them. Ironically ENFPs will not like people who are actually respectful and nice to them. Since ENFPs are the most common type in the population, this is where all the ridiculous pop psychology books "He's just not that into you" and "The Rules" come from. These are made for the ENFP.
    God, this is horribly true.

Except for the part where you say ENFPs are the most common type in the population. I'm pretty sure those are SFJs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

lol!

regardless of what nfp i am, 1 and 3 are veryyy true for me.

though no way nfps are the most common. maybe we are just the most likely to buy pop psychology books. i would believe that.