User Tag List

12 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default ENFPs, what do ENFPs do that drives you nuts?

Let me be upfront: I'm creating this thread because I have done nothing but read about and consider INFPs and INFJs for days. Frankly, I'm sick of thinking of my NF brethren. It's time we had an interesting thread about ENFPs for a change. So this thread is meant to be a nice breath of fresh air for all frequenters of the NF Idyllic Forum.

Don't get me wrong. My question is a very serious one for my fellow ENFPs:

What behaviors do you engage in that drive you nuts about yourself?

For example, I hate the fact that my attention span is so short. I think this is related to me being a dominant Ne-user who is always scanning her environment looking for the novel. I try to ameliorate this by practicing meditation which does seem to help me minimize my ADHD tendencies.

So let me recap:

#1 - So what behaviors do you engage in that makes yourself cringe?
    #2 - Do you have any advice for other ENFPs on how to minimize such cringe-worthy behaviors?
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Here's one...
    I waste too much time reading a bunch of emotional nonsense on the internet. And I can't seem to stop myself from thinking this: If I ever become so attached to 'ENFPness'...to the point where I actually become upset/offended if someone suggests something negative about ENFPs (that I absolutely don't agree or identify with)...then I tell you it is time.

It is time to take me behind the barn and put me out of my misery.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post

So let me recap:

#1 - So what behaviors do you engage in that makes yourself cringe?
    #2 - Do you have any advice for other ENFPs on how to minimize such cringe-worthy behaviors?
    For the sake of this post I will assume I am ENFP for the time being.

#1- That I start 500 projects very enthusiastically and then I get bored/frustrated/I've learned what I wanted to, in the middle of the project and I abandon it. (This is primarily my art projects.)
    #2- Employ a TJ in your life with either Ni vision to help you discern which projects are the ones that you should focus in on, or one with some great Te to get all attractively firm with you and say "NO MOAR PROJECTS UNTIL YOU FINISH DIS WON FIRST."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

On a related topic: I think most issues ENFPs encounter comes from a repressed frustration at not being ENTPs

It's true
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Often I think their martyrdom and interest in being a "spiritual healer" is just a cover up for narcissism and a desire for control or a manifestation of selfish needs parading as what is in the best interest of others.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    On a related topic: I think most issues ENFPs encounter comes from a repressed frustration at not being ENTPs

It's true
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Often I think their martyrdom and interest in being a "spiritual healer" is just a cover up for narcissism and a desire for control or a manifestation of selfish needs parading as what is in the best interest of others.
    Both 100% true.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

My biggest challenges as an ENFP 6 are indecision and lack of skill at narrowing down. I will report back someday if I ever find a cure.

It's true
    Really more like repressed frustration at not being a J. Sorry ENTPs.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture
    None of this resonates with me. I've never been accused of martyrdom, narcissism, or desire to control, nor do I see them as issues I struggle with. My sins lie elsewhere - more in the realm of being too removed and not helping enough, obsessive self-analysis, and desire for freedom from others' control. Interest in being a "spiritual healer" comes from holistic perception plus a good understanding of internal psychological wellbeing. It is more of a natural capability than a facade.

To be honest, I think NTPs are some of the worst types at understanding NFPs. Our F functions inform our N very, very differently.

Permabanned

Nothing, my fantasy is to lie on a bed with 9 enfps and 1 enfj feeding me grapes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    To be honest, I think NTPs are some of the worst types at understanding NFPs. Our F functions inform our N very, very differently.
    And you don't think of how enfps understand entps ? How very Fi of you
    do you feel you know what motivates entps to action ? (honestly, as in real situation not general philosophical ponderings)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

And you don't think of how enfps understand entps ? How very Fi of you
    do you feel you know what motivates entps to action ? (honestly, as in real situation not general philosophical ponderings)
    Nope, this is a thread about ENFPs. Don't care about ENTP feelings

No, I don't really feel like I understand TPs in general well. It's such a different valuation process. My experience is that there is often much misunderstanding of judgment from both sides.