Apparently we 'use similar functions but in completely different realms'. I think that sums it up pretty well. I definitely notice the similarities of our Fi and Te but we use these in completely different areas due to their Se and my Ne we rarely come across each other IRL.
Here's the things I relate to that they do:
- Their sometimes bluntness of Te - when something doesn't agree with Fi, they can become quite blunt and a bit aggressive. Te is lower down for me but I definitely relate to this when I feel one of my values (from Fi) has been crossed.
- With FP, they sometimes do things randomly and spontaneously just because they feel like it which I do too occasionally but I'm less spontaneous
- our Fi means we often sort things the same way into black and white categories. If we both think what someone did was wrong, we will show this via Te
- we are both quite creative but their creativity comes from Se, an awareness of their physical surroundings, so they are often more into the contextual side of art whereas with Ne, I'm more into the meaning behind the art
- we both don't sweat the small stuff - we know what's importortant to us
- I think we both like emotional intensity in relationships
- we both like to talk about people but with S, they focus more on what people do and say whereas with N, I focus on why they did or said something
- we both value authenticity and hate fake displays of emotion
I think that's pretty much it.
I feel much more similar with N types - definitely more similar with INTJs for example than ESFPs as with N, we are just generally on the same wavelength.