User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I disagree with this. most Ne doms have a zero tolerance policy for people who try to control or mistreat them (though we may be less able to do anything about it via brute force the way an Se dom might).
    I think that you have a very misconstrued concept of ENFP's. You that most ENFP's are like you are are very aggressive when it comes to defending their values, but I would disagree. I would say that you are definitely an odd ENFP. Most ENFP's are not like you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I think that you have a very misconstrued concept of ENFP's. You that most ENFP's are like you are are very aggressive when it comes to defending their values, but I would disagree. I would say that you are definitely an odd ENFP. Most ENFP's are not like you.
    I disagree with your disagreement with Elfboy's concept...... I don't think you give full credit to how harsh Fi really often is, and Ne can sort of fuel that fire.
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I disagree with your disagreement with Elfboy's concept...... I don't think you give full credit to how harsh Fi really often is, and Ne can sort of fuel that fire.
    Ne is not harsh, nor is Fi. It is the Te reinforcing that Fi that is the harsh component in the equation. Fi is the judge, and Te is the executioner.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Ne is not harsh, nor is Fi. It is the Te reinforcing that Fi that is the harsh component in the equation. Fi is the judge, and Te is the executioner.

And judges aren't harsh? Nice play on words with the "executioner" thing but Te really doesn't function in the value-loaded realm you imply it does without Fi. Te in itself just sort of the habituation of surface analyzing.

And I didn't mean that Ne is harsh, but that perceptions can fuel judgements.

WALMART

Interesting, they came to the same conclusion of it favoring women than men, as I did.

MBTI
    xxTP

The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer. Since his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities, he readily applies himself to callings wherein he may expand his abilities in many directions. Merchants, contractors, speculators, agents, politicians, etc., commonly belong to this type.

Apparently this type is more prone to favour women than men; in which case, however, the intuitive activity reveals itself not so much in the professional as in the social sphere. Such women understand the art of utilizing every social opportunity; they establish right social con- [p. 466] nections; they seek out lovers with possibilities only to abandon everything again for the sake of a new possibility.
    A lot of this could very easily apply to SP's.

I'm not too convinced by the article, he's mixing a lot of unrelated concepts I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Interesting, they came to the same conclusion of it favoring women than men, as I did.
    Well the phrase "female intuition" is well known. Though I don't know how much it relates to Jungian iNtuition.

Cue you giving me some crap about translating into the "lexicon" blah blah blah :-P

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Well the phrase "female intuition" is well known. Though I don't know how much it relates to Jungian iNtuition.

Cue you giving me some crap about translating into the "lexicon" blah blah blah :-P

Actually, it fits in quite well to the modern lexicon :P

I simply believe women think two steps ahead more often than men do, for better or worse. I wonder if I am subscribing to stereotypical connotations with this thinking.

Glycerine

Aren't ENFPs called "The Champions" because their usually championing their causes?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Actually, it fits in quite well to the modern lexicon :P

I simply believe women think two steps ahead more often than men do, for better or worse. I wonder if I am subscribing to stereotypical connotations with this thinking.

If you are thinking of for worse and in terms of stereotype, you may be thinking of that stereotypical catastrophizing slippery slope drama llama thing, which is more of form-of-the-inferior-Ne than something of the extraverted intuitive type.

WALMART

If you are thinking of for worse and in terms of stereotype, you may be thinking of that stereotypical catastrophizing slippery slope drama llama thing, which is more of form-of-the-inferior-Ne than something of the extraverted intuitive type.

I'd agree with that. I think the healthy manifestation presents itself much more commonly than the things we now speak of.