• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you guys cry a lot?

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Same as Geoff, once a year or a couple of years... if the stress, pain, or w/e really builds up...

Songs I like usually cause goosebumps regardless of the content... good romantic songs included. Good erotic songs are better -- goosebumps AND blood rushing to the face. Movies on the other hand do not really affect me very much... I've never cried during one, but had my eyes well up by the end of Gladiator when I saw it in the theaters. (One of my favourite movies)

I suppose on that note, I'm more affected by profoundity than romance or other common tear-jerking methods, because my initial positive reaction to something I like is either goosebumps or an elevated imaginative state.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I get teary-eyed from the experience of emotion nearly every day. I cry with tears, voice-warble, and some sniffling a couple of times a week. For both of those kinds of cry, I would say half the time is because I feel a deep pleasure. The other half would be the result of more likely melancholy, less likely stress.

My beloved and I seek to achieve ever-increasing understanding and intimacy through dialogue. In as much as this oftentimes calls upon my willingness and ability to examine and witness core fears, as well as the deep emotions I experience in the present for her person, combined with some aspects of limbic hyperarousal from residual PTSD, I tend to cry a deep racking cry fairly often with heaving sobs, many tears, nasal congestion, broken capillaries, and lots of snot.

Music can often induce tears of pleasure. This is especially true for the timbral aspects of music.

I experience tears during movies that evoke deep emotional states in me. Breaking the Waves did this a number of times during the viewing, and at the end I just wailed and sobbed in the mix of pain and joy I felt.

I was never taught/shamed by my parents not to cry as a child, and I am glad for that. I know I cry more than most people, a lot more in fact. That's OK with me. It is an integral part of who I am as a human being.

When I cry it feels healthy.

cheers,
Ian

Petgnome

MBTI Type
INFP
I cry a lot.

Over movies, tv shows, commercials, web stuff etc... (anyone remember the IKEA lamp commercial? that brought me tears hehe)

I think I cry more often about good feeligns than bad one. If I watch a show like home makeovers or what not, I'm pretty much done for.

I'm really reactive to others, if I see someone cry I'll probably cry. I connect too much to others in that aspect. Especially my ENFP friend, if she's crying, I'm crying till she's done :blush: .

If I'm really frustrated I'll cry, because I can't let the anger out. Selfless people make me cry, animals can make me cry too.

Though, I'll only usually cry when I'm alone, or with people close to me. I'll hold the tears inside in other occasions.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Yea I cry a lot. Sometimes I just have to. I can go a while without crying, but then there are times when I cry about everyday, sometimes several times. It depends on how stressed I am I guess, but I've always been a huge crybaby since I was born heh. But because I've kind of grown up crying and people not wanting to see me cry, I'm pretty good at hiding it.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP

I was never taught/shamed by my parents not to cry as a child, and I am glad for that. I know I cry more than most people, a lot more in fact. That's OK with me. It is an integral part of who I am as a human being.

cheers,
Ian

That's a really good point. Many times when I cried my parents would devalue everything I felt... my mom would tell me to get out of the room so she couldn't see my face. It made crying seem like a sin. I didn't even realise that's what it became to me until I was talking to this counsellor once and started crying and said 'sorry'... and she was like 'why are you saying sorry for crying? it's okay to cry.' Now I think crying is a beautiful thing... it's a very 'human' thing to do.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
I hardly ever cry even when I want to. I think it is a mixture of my SJ parents reaction to crying as a child and the fact that no matter what -- the next day I wake up with a swollen face. Argghh.

dorareever

MBTI Type
INFP
I used to, when I was younger and pre-medicated. Now I don't think I cry a lot, but then my standards might be different than usual. I cry when I'm moved by something artistic, but I do not consider this crying. It happens pretty often, maybe once a month? Sometimes I cry just because I haven't cried for a while. Maybe every 4 or 5 months. I don't often cry in despair/anger anymore.

Anyway if I didn't cry for more than 6 months-1 year I would feel abnormal. I had times when I was depressed when I didn't cry for a long while, and other times when I cried every day (all day sometimes :cry:), and they were both unealthy for me.

I like to cry, if it's because I'm moved by something or a simple...ehm...hormonal thing. I need those tears. But I don't like crying because I'm overwhelmed by negative feelings. I'm learning to cope in other ways.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't cry often at all, and when I do I prefer not to do it around other people.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this is kind of funny in its own way. Sometimes throughout the day periodically my eyes will moisten with tears but they won't come out because I'm around people. It just looks like my eyes are irritated.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^You're from SF. Can I hug you?

(SF is my hometown)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I cry everytime that ASPCA commercial with the Sarah MacLachlan song in the background comes on. Every dang time. The thought of animals being hurt or homeless just kills me.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I get teary-eyed from the experience of emotion nearly every day. I cry with tears, voice-warble, and some sniffling a couple of times a week. For both of those kinds of cry, I would say half the time is because I feel a deep pleasure. The other half would be the result of more likely melancholy, less likely stress.

My beloved and I seek to achieve ever-increasing understanding and intimacy through dialogue. In as much as this oftentimes calls upon my willingness and ability to examine and witness core fears, as well as the deep emotions I experience in the present for her person, combined with some aspects of limbic hyperarousal from residual PTSD, I tend to cry a deep racking cry fairly often with heaving sobs, many tears, nasal congestion, broken capillaries, and lots of snot.

Music can often induce tears of pleasure. This is especially true for the timbral aspects of music.

I experience tears during movies that evoke deep emotional states in me. Breaking the Waves did this a number of times during the viewing, and at the end I just wailed and sobbed in the mix of pain and joy I felt.

cheers,
Ian

Ian, I hope you take this in the affectionate spirit in which it is intended, from one cryer to another:

bedazzled.jpg

But yeah, all that sounds very familiar. My parents never did shame us for crying or expressing emotion, either. I did learn some shame over the years from peers, though. :/

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^Aww, but dolphin safe tuna's so important! :cry:

[YOUTUBE=XkW5da-AFGo]Most Sensitive Man[/YOUTUBE]

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I cry everytime that ASPCA commercial with the Sarah MacLachlan song in the background comes on. Every dang time. The thought of animals being hurt or homeless just kills me.

I now hate that commercial, because I loved that song and now everytime I hear it I feel even more saddened than I used to. I also hate it because it makes me want to go save them all, and I know I can't.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
^Aww, but dolphin safe tuna's so important! :cry:

LMFAO,

and that my friends is why i tone it down a bit. I am not as bad as brenden fraiser in bedazzled but am full of cinamon roles and puppies, etc...

Except for the fact that I have a matchstick temper, god I would have stab someone if they ruined my dolphin safe tuna.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Balling?
Nearly a decade ago when I was enrolled in Tae Kwon Do. I was as soft as the pillsbury dough boy. I toughened up as the years progressed and don't really cry when I'm in physical pain anymore. I'm more likely to "cry" mentally than physically.

Weeping?
When my gf and I almost separated due to me being an idiot.

Laughing?
About one to two years ago when I was on mushrooms. I was one happy camper.

Teary eyed?
Somewhat uncommon. Usually happens when a foreign object starts to irritate it. In General, I find I have more of an inclination to get teary eyed when the perceived action is happy rather than sad.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
I cry rather easily in private, but haven’t cried in public since childhood. My 5/heavy 4 wing Enneagram dichotomy makes me both detached and emotional at the same time.