• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you guys cry a lot?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is it possible that she was just a cryer and wasn't being intentionally manipulative about it? I've know people who I think are doing that, and it's definitely tiresome. But I think some non-cryers probably think that about me too even though I honestly cannot control it. It's terrible inconvenient sometimes, not to mention embarrassing--like the time I had hit the bottom of the barrel with regard to my weight problem (and I'm not being a vain girl, I really do have a health concern here) and then when my thin and beautiful MILF friend expressed alarm at having gained one pound I just burst out in tears and she, a non-cryer, was mystified.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Is it possible that she was just a cryer and wasn't being intentionally manipulative about it? I've know people who I think are doing that, and it's definitely tiresome. But I think some non-cryers probably think that about me too even though I honestly cannot control it. It's terrible inconvenient sometimes, not to mention embarrassing--like the time I had hit the bottom of the barrel with regard to my weight problem (and I'm not being a vain girl, I really do have a health concern here) and then when my thin and beautiful MILF friend expressed alarm at having gained one pound I just burst out in tears and she, a non-cryer, was mystified.

No, I don't think so...we would be on the phone and our conversation would not be going well, so naturally I found it more productive to find something else to do. It usually went something like this;

Me: "I have to go split wood before my dad gets home"

Her: "You're just trying to ditch me because you don't want to talk any more. (Which was true, but I usually legitematly had something else to do)

Me: That's not true. (Yes, that's a lie)

Her, crying: Can you hear me crying? I want you to listen, blah blah.

I can usually tell when someone is upset and not trying to manipulate me, in most cases I express genuine conern for them. The opposite is not true.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do gangsters know about crying and chopping wood?! :p

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I cry easily, yes.

How often I cry really depends on my situation.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
A big cry? I can't remember the last one I had. The tears welling up thing happens more often than I'd like to admit. :blush:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
No, I don't think so...we would be on the phone and our conversation would not be going well, so naturally I found it more productive to find something else to do. It usually went something like this;

Her: "You're just trying to ditch me because you don't want to talk any more. (Which was true, but I usually legitematly had something else to do)

I can usually tell when someone is upset and not trying to manipulate me, in most cases I express genuine conern for them. The opposite is not true.

Bleh. Well, at least she was pretty upfront about her manipulation...? Maybe? Hey, there has to be some kind of silver lining, right?

MBTI Type
ENTP
More than I'd like to, but less than a stereotypical female.

I say stereotypical because all I know about the emotional lives of other females is what I see on movies, tv or at work. I admittedly have no clue what's normal.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Bleh. Well, at least she was pretty upfront about her manipulation...? Maybe? Hey, there has to be some kind of silver lining, right?

She was pretty, I'll give her that.

At the time I was just pretty much a 17 year old INTJ archetype, so I probably deserved all the manipulation I got.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She was pretty, I'll give her that.

At the time I was just pretty much a 17 year old INTJ archetype, so I probably deserved all the manipulation I got.

And now your Gat is all grown up now, eh, Louie Fishfingers?!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Hardly ever. In fact I can't remember the last time I did.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
And now your Gat is all grown up now, eh, Louie Fishfingers?!

I hope not, I'm still way to INTJish to get laid on a regular basis.

(Mostly because I don't really care, but secondly because I'm still a jackass)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I cry at movies (not even really sad ones, for example: Iron Man :D) but if it's something that happened to me, I usually get angry, not sad. But if I'm grieving, then I cry.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I'm like that with grades, I don't get emotional unless I'm failing, then some one goes "I can't believe I got a b" or try to comfort me with that fact. It's like are you kidding me!? you got a b and your losing sleep over that? shut the fuck up.

I can be vain when it comes to weight, but I'm also terrified of it getting out of control. if someone has healthy concern, and need to loose weight, I'm not going to make a big deal about my weight while their busy freaking out about theirs. besides one pound isn't a big deal I started freaking when I gained 10 pounds, though my mom has mentioned that I'm not fat and that I was actually a little under weight until reacently so the fact that I gained was a good thing. Though she does pressure me to exercise more (I hate exercise) Making this about me. Did you/ have you manage to get your weight problem under control? I know you had mentioned weight watchers. (I think that was you)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm like that with grades, I don't get emotional unless I'm failing, then some one goes "I can't believe I got a b" or try to comfort me with that fact. It's like are you kidding me!? you got a b and your losing sleep over that? shut the fuck up.

I can be vain when it comes to weight, but I'm also terrified of it getting out of control. if someone has healthy concern, and need to loose weight, I'm not going to make a big deal about my weight while their busy freaking out about theirs. besides one pound isn't a big deal I started freaking when I gained 10 pounds, though my mom has mentioned that I'm not fat and that I was actually a little under weight until reacently so the fact that I gained was a good thing. Though she does pressure me to exercise more (I hate exercise) Making this about me. Did you/ have you manage to get your weight problem under control? I know you had mentioned weight watchers. (I think that was you)

Thanks for asking. :) Yes, I'm working on getting it under control, and making progress. I've lost about 20 lbs so far but I have a lot left to go. I go down to Fattytown (WW meeting) every Saturday morning to weigh in and talk to other fatties about our struggles as fatties. I've lost my focus a bit this past month with some big events, but managed to hold it pretty steady and even go down a little. I still need to get back on the wagon fully since I have plenty of work left to do.

Jive A Turkey

MBTI Type
INFP
The welling up of tears comes probably every other day on average and I've always got to put a lid on it. It's such a pain in the ass managing this in social situations.

I let go about once every two weeks, when I'm alone.

The totally uncontrollable episodes come every few years.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Thanks for asking. :) Yes, I'm working on getting it under control, and making progress. I've lost about 20 lbs so far but I have a lot left to go. I go down to Fattytown (WW meeting) every Saturday morning to weigh in and talk to other fatties about our struggles as fatties. I've lost my focus a bit this past month with some big events, but managed to hold it pretty steady and even go down a little. I still need to get back on the wagon fully since I have plenty of work left to do.

I'm glad, I have a friend that no matter how hard she tries, can not lose weight. I think she might have bad genetics, but I mean this girl can not seem to loose an ounce no matter what. (she was even bulemic for awhile, and lost very little weight even then) Then I have friends who are anorexic and bulemic, and get upset over a pound. In some ways I'm glad I get to see eating disorders first hand, it makes me more aware of the possibility. At the same time I hate seeing these people having no control, and convinced that they are fat even though they are skinnier then me. It's so frustrating. I wish I could make them see that they are fine the way they are, but I learned that it doesn't work that way. So if they ever want my help, I'm willing to do what I can, I even went with one to a therapist, because it was her first time seeing this person and didn't want to go alone. She even tried to convince me to go shopping when we got their. I dragged her inside, and was like you dragged me across town in the freezing cold. Part of you wants this otherwise you not have come this far, she thanked me later for dragging her inside.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm really not a big cry-er (crier?), but I do cry at movies and certain songs, etc. In real life, I cry when I'm frustrated. If I'm stressed out and there is nothing I can see to do about the situation, I'll usually end up in tears about it. I never cry manipulatively, but that is the way most of my friends can tell that I'm seriously stressed about a situation, and it makes them sit up and take notice. I usually downplay my own needs.

The only time I can remember sobbing is when I was 18 and my grandmother died.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Once every couple of years or so. I think it has been over a year.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

That chic is straight up
not-tagged-smiley-14212.gif