User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 164

  1. #71
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Hardly ever. In fact I can't remember the last time I did.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  2. #72
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    And now your Gat is all grown up now, eh, Louie Fishfingers?!
    I hope not, I'm still way to INTJish to get laid on a regular basis.

    (Mostly because I don't really care, but secondly because I'm still a jackass)
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  3. #73
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    I cry at movies (not even really sad ones, for example: Iron Man ) but if it's something that happened to me, I usually get angry, not sad. But if I'm grieving, then I cry.

  4. #74
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Is it possible that she was just a cryer and wasn't being intentionally manipulative about it? I've know people who I think are doing that, and it's definitely tiresome. But I think some non-cryers probably think that about me too even though I honestly cannot control it. It's terrible inconvenient sometimes, not to mention embarrassing--like the time I had hit the bottom of the barrel with regard to my weight problem (and I'm not being a vain girl, I really do have a health concern here) and then when my thin and beautiful MILF friend expressed alarm at having gained one pound I just burst out in tears and she, a non-cryer, was mystified.
    I'm like that with grades, I don't get emotional unless I'm failing, then some one goes "I can't believe I got a b" or try to comfort me with that fact. It's like are you kidding me!? you got a b and your losing sleep over that? shut the fuck up.

    I can be vain when it comes to weight, but I'm also terrified of it getting out of control. if someone has healthy concern, and need to loose weight, I'm not going to make a big deal about my weight while their busy freaking out about theirs. besides one pound isn't a big deal I started freaking when I gained 10 pounds, though my mom has mentioned that I'm not fat and that I was actually a little under weight until reacently so the fact that I gained was a good thing. Though she does pressure me to exercise more (I hate exercise) Making this about me. Did you/ have you manage to get your weight problem under control? I know you had mentioned weight watchers. (I think that was you)
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #75
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm like that with grades, I don't get emotional unless I'm failing, then some one goes "I can't believe I got a b" or try to comfort me with that fact. It's like are you kidding me!? you got a b and your losing sleep over that? shut the fuck up.

    I can be vain when it comes to weight, but I'm also terrified of it getting out of control. if someone has healthy concern, and need to loose weight, I'm not going to make a big deal about my weight while their busy freaking out about theirs. besides one pound isn't a big deal I started freaking when I gained 10 pounds, though my mom has mentioned that I'm not fat and that I was actually a little under weight until reacently so the fact that I gained was a good thing. Though she does pressure me to exercise more (I hate exercise) Making this about me. Did you/ have you manage to get your weight problem under control? I know you had mentioned weight watchers. (I think that was you)
    Thanks for asking. Yes, I'm working on getting it under control, and making progress. I've lost about 20 lbs so far but I have a lot left to go. I go down to Fattytown (WW meeting) every Saturday morning to weigh in and talk to other fatties about our struggles as fatties. I've lost my focus a bit this past month with some big events, but managed to hold it pretty steady and even go down a little. I still need to get back on the wagon fully since I have plenty of work left to do.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  6. #76
    Senior Member Jive A Turkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    151

    Default

    The welling up of tears comes probably every other day on average and I've always got to put a lid on it. It's such a pain in the ass managing this in social situations.

    I let go about once every two weeks, when I'm alone.

    The totally uncontrollable episodes come every few years.

  7. #77
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Thanks for asking. Yes, I'm working on getting it under control, and making progress. I've lost about 20 lbs so far but I have a lot left to go. I go down to Fattytown (WW meeting) every Saturday morning to weigh in and talk to other fatties about our struggles as fatties. I've lost my focus a bit this past month with some big events, but managed to hold it pretty steady and even go down a little. I still need to get back on the wagon fully since I have plenty of work left to do.
    I'm glad, I have a friend that no matter how hard she tries, can not lose weight. I think she might have bad genetics, but I mean this girl can not seem to loose an ounce no matter what. (she was even bulemic for awhile, and lost very little weight even then) Then I have friends who are anorexic and bulemic, and get upset over a pound. In some ways I'm glad I get to see eating disorders first hand, it makes me more aware of the possibility. At the same time I hate seeing these people having no control, and convinced that they are fat even though they are skinnier then me. It's so frustrating. I wish I could make them see that they are fine the way they are, but I learned that it doesn't work that way. So if they ever want my help, I'm willing to do what I can, I even went with one to a therapist, because it was her first time seeing this person and didn't want to go alone. She even tried to convince me to go shopping when we got their. I dragged her inside, and was like you dragged me across town in the freezing cold. Part of you wants this otherwise you not have come this far, she thanked me later for dragging her inside.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #78
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I'm really not a big cry-er (crier?), but I do cry at movies and certain songs, etc. In real life, I cry when I'm frustrated. If I'm stressed out and there is nothing I can see to do about the situation, I'll usually end up in tears about it. I never cry manipulatively, but that is the way most of my friends can tell that I'm seriously stressed about a situation, and it makes them sit up and take notice. I usually downplay my own needs.

    The only time I can remember sobbing is when I was 18 and my grandmother died.

  9. #79
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Once every couple of years or so. I think it has been over a year.

  10. #80
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    No, I don't think so...we would be on the phone and our conversation would not be going well, so naturally I found it more productive to find something else to do. It usually went something like this;

    Me: "I have to go split wood before my dad gets home"

    Her: "You're just trying to ditch me because you don't want to talk any more. (Which was true, but I usually legitematly had something else to do)

    Me: That's not true. (Yes, that's a lie)

    Her, crying: Can you hear me crying? I want you to listen, blah blah.

    I can usually tell when someone is upset and not trying to manipulate me, in most cases I express genuine conern for them. The opposite is not true.
    That chic is straight up .

Similar Threads

  1. What do you guys think about this?
    By INTP in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 11:33 PM
  2. [SP] Do you guys have especial trouble keeping promises?
    By stellar renegade in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 07:14 PM
  3. [NF] What do you guys think?: INFP vs. INFJ
    By Glycerine in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 04:19 PM
  4. [ESFJ] what do you guys think of ESFJ girls?
    By niki in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
  5. What do you guys do for a living?
    By HowlingOdin in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 07:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO