• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you guys cry a lot?

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I cry a good bit. Interpersonal conflict makes me cry pretty much every time. Stress makes me cry. If I'm in a really emotional place, movies can make me cry, though they don't usually. I teared up a few years ago when I heard that they were going to retire the Hubble telescope, but I mainly attribute those tears to the stress I was under my first year of teaching.

All of my INFP friends just leak tears. They're just really emotional people, and things move them to tears a lot. It's frustrating for them because for THEM, it's not something that prevents them from communicating, but other people have trouble dealing with it.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Do most people hear consider crying to be lots and lots of tears, a runny nose, and an ugly crinkled face? Or is it something as simple as your eyes welling up?

If it's the second, I find it hard to believe that people do this once or twice a year. My eyes get a litle teary a lot. Sometimes it happens with something as simple as spending the weekend with my husband, and then being separated from him on any random Monday. Or I may happen to catch five minutes of "Extreme Home Makeover."

But those big, ugly cries are pretty rare.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Do most people hear consider crying to be lots and lots of tears, a runny nose, and an ugly crinkled face? Or is it something as simple as your eyes welling up?

If it's the second, I find it hard to believe that people do this once or twice a year. My eyes get a litle teary a lot. Sometimes it happens with something as simple as spending the weekend with my husband, and then being separated from him on any random Monday. Or I may happen to catch five minutes of "Extreme Home Makeover."

Yes, exactly. My eyes just well up most of the time. I might have a big cry two or three times a year.

Delilah

We all got it comin' kid
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh, then I have to change my answer, big ugly cries , I think there has been one in the last 5 years.
The welling up, sometimes with a tear or two will happen once or twice a year.
I think that's a lot.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
I cry one day, once a month, almost every month. Hormones are powerful things. I will be really convinced that I am super emotionally frustrated about something. My distress and the situation is VERY REAL damnit!! A song will come on the radio and then I have tears streaming down to the point I nearly have to pull over. I hate it but it seems I'm oblivious to what's actually wrong and I'm 30 years old!

My husband is so adaptable God love him:blush:. I will walk in the door already crying or step a few feet in the house and say "I'm quitting that f***ing job tomorrow!" He is rarely tactful except in dealing with me on this. I'd say he's got a good emotional barometer with me. Sometimes it's a joke response or it can even be sweet and nearly sympathetic. He manages one way or another though to get the point across that it's likely hormones, it's possible that I'm over-reacting and cease & desist the tear flow :).

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I almost never weep or moan or wail or shed tears like a waterfall. I don't remember when I have last done that. But I'm sure I was very small :D Almost no one has ever seen me crying.

But my eyes well up very, very often. While listening to music. While watching news. While thinking about all the badness in the world.

I'm a deeply emotional person, but IRL no one is aware if it.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Yes, exactly. My eyes just well up most of the time. I might have a big cry two or three times a year.

I have a lot of medium-strength cries. I don't sob a lot, but big ole teardrops will roll down my face and my voice will wobble. The big ugly cries I don't have terribly often, though I guess it just depends on what's going on.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Get the occasional lump in the throat... but a good cry? Hasn't happened for years (except once when I was very maudlin due to one too many gin-and-tonics).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have a lot of medium-strength cries. I don't sob a lot, but big ole teardrops will roll down my face and my voice will wobble. The big ugly cries I don't have terribly often, though I guess it just depends on what's going on.

If I had to quantify it I'd say I might well up but nothing spills over the eyelids maybe 1x/wk, have tears on the cheeks and wobbly voice maybe 2x/mo, and a big-ass blubbering cry about 2x/yr or maybe quarterly. Does all this quantifying this make me J? :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm in pain a lot, so yes, I do cry frequently. From fear, frustration and exhaustion.

And if I see someone else really suffering torment, I sometimes cry for them. Last night, I saw this picture of John McCain right after he returned from Vietnam. He was lying on a stretcher. He looked so tired and destroyed. Knowing what he'd been through and that it was so horrible as to push him to three suicide attempts, I just couldn't help shedding some tears for that poor man. :(

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
have to say no, almost never. sounds weird though--would guess that most nfs might. I don't though--no patience for it--just need to find a solution--how to not cry/fix the problem. don't sound very enfj, do I?

i would think that Es and Js would cry less overall in comparison to Is or Ps :cry:

i cry all the time, not in a crybaby sort of way. but if i'm watching a movie or a show or encounter a situation or person that moves me....i cry. i think it's the whole empathy thing. i put myself in their shoes and i feel what they feel. whether it'd be tears of joy and greatfulness or sadness and despair.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

i would say that crying involves tears streaming down your face. now if it's just one tear or two i wouldn't really consider that crying, though it's more than at the brink of crying where you just tear up and get a knot in your throat but nothing really comes down...aside from snot maybe? lol moderate crying usually happens to me and i sometimes sob...but definitely not as often. i think i probably sob at least a couple or few times a year. it's hard to explain, it's a bit of a cleansing process.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
My ex- girlfriend used to do her best to force me to listen to her cry when I upset her.

That got old fast.

I think she was an ENFP.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
My ex- girlfriend used to do her best to force me to listen to her cry when I upset her.

That got old fast.

I think she was an ENFP.

Ah, dramatic crying. I am the hide-in-the-bathroom or cry-silently type.