• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do you guys cry a lot?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It's easier for me to cry about small things than large things.

Large things get my ass in gear. Small things pile up and turn into frustrating wrecks that you can't get any help with and have to be resolved and often turn needlessly complex and crush the soul with the pointlessness of dealing with all that because it's so damn trivial and yet at the same time so damn important!

Though, recently, instead of crying, I've been verging on throwing up. I doubt that's an improvement.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know if I cry alot.though that time of the month a car crash will make me cry or a poor abandon animal or just small criticism when rest of the time these things don't bother me. except the animal one, but I don't cry about it.

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
Music, books, movies don't move me to tears the way my personal experiences do. I got a little teary-eyed watching a tribute to Martin Luther King Jr but only my personal experiences can cause me to sob.

The thought of my mother dying someday, that restless uncertainty will crack me straight away. At this point in my life it's probably my greatest fear.

I hardly ever cried when I was a child but ever since the beginning of adolescence: lifesucks. :thelook: Yes, I am currently recovering from a "crying week," :blush: which I actually enjoyed. Shame each crying session never lasts too long... I get emotionally aroused as easily and quickly as it takes to relieve myself.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i wouldn't say i cry a lot, but i do cry when i get frustrated, overwhelmed or stressed, so if that happens to be an everyday thing, then i will cry everyday.

I cried today, because i was at work, and forgot to bring money for lunch, and i didn't have time to run home, and i was really hungry :(

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes, on the inside
but sometimes its too much
and water comes out

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ok I will admit it, I am a little bitch when it comes to emotional movies, books (media in general). Seeing hunger and suffering really gets to me and people oppressing others makes me real sick and want to hurl. I can't recall once ever really crying in the literal sense of it all hardcore. I only get a little damp in the eyes and an occasional sniffle. I don't ever recall ever tearing up for something that had to do with me except once when I ran over the back half of this rabbit while I was coming home from work. It didn't die which was worst for me because I couldn't kill it to put it out of its misery and I drove it for one hour till I got to the nearest 24 hour animal clinic in town and the the doc told me he would take care of it.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I cry around really emotional moments, which happen about 4-5 times a year. The last time I cried was seeing my alzheimers grandmother smiling and laughing in the hospital after she broke her hip.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I often wish I could better control when I cry. Any surge of emotion, positive or negative, is likely to result in a cry, and it can be embarrassing and inconvenient.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I scare myself
I can cry, and be completely cold
coping mechanism, or am i really that schizoid ?

Usehername

On a mission
'06 to '07 was a crying year. I was sick the whole time from Africa, my hormones were so messed up I skipped most of my periods and my hair was even falling out, then my favourite cousin (same age) died and toward the end of the year another cousin was murdered at a high school party that got crashed and went terribly wrong...

I call these my "Fi development" years. I was deeply NF angsting almost daily. And I cried a lot. By "a lot" I mean probably 2-3 times a week heavily plus I could tear up at inconsequential things otherwise.

Now I cry about once every 4-5 months.

redacted

i cry 1-2 times a year-ish.

maybe 3 i guess.

but it's never out of control. and i can't cry in almost all circumstances. it takes extreme comfort and effort for me to make myself cry.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's easier for me to cry about small things than large things.

Large things get my ass in gear. Small things pile up and turn into frustrating wrecks that you can't get any help with and have to be resolved and often turn needlessly complex and crush the soul with the pointlessness of dealing with all that because it's so damn trivial and yet at the same time so damn important!

Oh goodness, I understand exactly what you mean. Makes me just want to go dig a hole and hide in it so I don't have to deal with all the trivial things and formalities that seem to slip under my notice every time.

Back to the OP. Yes. I cry a lot, but never, ever in the presence of people I don't regard as close (if I can help it...sometimes I'm angry/frustrated enough that it happens anyway).

Abhaya

MBTI Type
INFP
Some things bring tears to my eyes every now and then (well probably more than that) but it takes something pretty big to make me sob. I wish I cried more often (in the privacy of my room of course), it really gets those bottled up emotions out.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
The last three times I cried:

Age 10: When my granddad died.

Age 15: Annoyed with parents.

Age 22: So stoned, that while watching a Robert Winston documentary on human evolution I cried when a Homo Afarensis died.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved some posts to a less mature thread, over [url="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sexuality-mature-topics/6041-transvestite-off.html]here[/url].

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I cried once in the past year, but before that, it had been at least over at least two years. I'm not a big crier.