User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I cry sometimes when my dad or sister cries..I can tear up sometimes in movies (like the end of LotR the return of the King, for instance, which I watched today), sometimes I'll feel depressed and I will start to tear up at random times, even when I'm not consciously sad at the moment.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Mostly I cry when something is awe-inspiring or moving. When something is truly tragic, I don't cry I get angry instead. So, I cry but that's not how I experience sadness. I guess my sig is relevant...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

I dont cry nowadays, when I was younger (child), i cried from time to time.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

No. Maybe once or twice a year I'll cry, as in the vocalizations and tears that come with crying. If something makes me really super nostalgic or sad I might tear up, but then swallow it back and be fine within minutes. It's mostly seeing people I care about cry that isn't good at all for me to be seeing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Yes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I go through spells.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Maybe every couple of months? Feels good to emotionally release and I just tuck myself away in a private place til I'm done. I think the vast majority of people who know me have no idea, lol. Just my mom and my SO... and now everyone on the interweb D:

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

No it's quite rare and very hard to do. Once a year or less.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

The last time I can remember vocally crying was when I subluxed my left knee badly a couple of years ago. I am sure that if you felt your bones detaching you would cry out in pain as well. So I don't feel bad about that.

While I feel like crying quite often, and have a lot of reasons to drift into despair, I resist the urge to weep my heart out like some emo freak or teenage girl puking for the first time. Further, when I hear another guy cry or say he did, I automatically think what a loser he is, that he must be gay and have no sack. So I don't want to be like that...I mean, who wants to become the very thing they despise? There is nothing at all wrong with being a passionate person, in fact I think it's a positive, but it sucks when there's a storm brewing inside you half the time and can't channel any of it...

I agree with what people have said about emotional release. But not everybody has this luxury.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Not excessively, no...I only really ever cry when I'm at the end of my ends(frustration), I don't usually cry out of sadness as overly dramatic displays of emotion make me somewhat uncomfortable...but if I felt the need to I wouldn't stop myself from doing so of course.

I used to cry a lot during my early teens, often for no reason as well as when I was mad. I've learned to control myself much better since then so that's really no longer a problem yet it's caused other problems, but I suppose that's how it works, picking your poison I mean.

I guess I've just entered into a state of mind where I think "ok you're an adult now and that means putting away childish things like bitting your nails(Yeah I used to do that and it seems really gross now...), crying at the drop of a hat, and etc." Not in a forced, sort of way though, but in a natural way. to be honest, I haven't felt the need to cry for no apparent reason(to be honest I just liked playing the martyr when I was younger, God knows why, and I embarrassingly enough admit that...) for a very long time so I feel this is the natural progression of things for me, and as long as it's natural I'm happy to move forward in such a manner.

Not that crying isn't perfectly fine or that it's immature in any way, just personally speaking it's not something I feel I should be doing frivolously anymore or feel the need to do so excessively any longer, I feel like that phase in my life is over and this is one of those ways for me to attempt to do what is so hard for me to do: let it go. Though, I understand that sometimes I do need a good cry and I allow myself that because I'm aware that repression is never the way to go about things. Crying can be healing and whatnot. Also tiring for some reason...

I no longer relate to a lot of what I did when I was younger in but it's still nonetheless, hard for me, letting go of that person.
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.