User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I do. Or I think I do anyway. When a question comes up on a survey "When was the last time you cried" I have trouble remembering the last time I cried because I cry so often, I don't consider it important enough to remember the last time I cried...

MBTI
    INFJ

no, i don't

MBTI
    INfP

Not particularly, it's been a couple of months since the last time I have cried. It usually takes me quite a bit before I will be actually moved to the point where I break into tears, it doesn't take much however for my eyes to start to water especially if it is one of my sensitive spots.

One thing that I remember moving me to tears several times is the suffering of animals; as a kid I lost a cat (Siamese) and years later I went to either a pet store or a shelter and I saw a Siamese that I felt could have been the one I had lost, but my mom told me it wasn't it but I refused to believe it... I remember crying myself to sleep that night. Since then I have been extremely reluctant to go anywhere near a pet store or a shelter. Also, at my old house this past Christmas a stray cat started living on our back porch and I felt so bad for it, I wanted to let it stay in the house but we already had a cat (Siamese actually...) and she said no... I ended up crying myself to sleep over that as well.

MBTI
    INFJ

Not often anymore, but I cried all the time a few years back due to hormonal/emotional shifts. I can't remember the last time I sobbed or cried hard. Probably five years ago.

I rarely cry due to anger or frustration. Mine is mostly an emotional release due to loss, pathos or tragedy.

Music can bring tears to my eyes (eg, Keith Jarrett's Koln Concert). I also get choked up when I tell a touching story. I cry as often about something moving as something sad or terrible, about once or twice a month.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFJ

I cry at movies, books, tv shows... anything touching or where someone has a moment that means to world to them - yea, I tear up a bit. However, I can control it for the time & the place. I like to be appropriate.

Music can totally make me cry. The right lyrics, especially, but sometimes certain chords or notes in instrumental music can really move me. It's definitely more lyric based, though. Also, if I am crying, I need to listen to music w/ lyrics that match my mood or describe my situation in order to comfort myself.

I wish I could say I'm not a big crier. I cry a lot when I'm stressed or frustrated, but I'll only cry in front of maybe a couple people in my life.

MBTI
    INXX

Not really. I was an easy crier as a little girl. As a grown woman, I'm considered cool, calm and collected. I rarely cry, but when I do, I cry in private. If I start crying, I won't be able to stop, and that's the last thing I want to go through in public.

The last time I cried in public was five days after my baby was born, and I was severely sleep deprived. I had to take my newborn into the hospital and stay with him for several days while he got phototherapy for his jaundice. The resident doctor insisted that I would have to take him out from under the lights to breastfeed him for ten minutes every hour around the clock. This was upsetting to me because I knew ten minutes would not be enough for him, he would cry, and then when he finally got settled down, I would be picking him up again to begin the process over again. He would be constantly crying. Plus I would get no sleep. I didn't see how I could do it. I may have gone over the edge into postpartum depression if not for the much more sensible and compassionate nurse who came on duty a couple hours later to put me on a saner schedule. I think even an INTP or an INTJ may possibly have cried under those circumstances. Or maybe not. Maybe the INTJ would have told the doctor to f*ck off, and the INTP would have argued logically with the doctor.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    ^You're from SF. Can I hug you?

(SF is my hometown)
    You can hug me. I live in the North Bay Area.

And I easily feel like crying whether it be tears of joy or tears of pain but I try not to do it around others because I know it makes people uncomfortable and I don't like to do that but lets just say that my tear ducts get enough exercise.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    You can hug me. I live in the North Bay Area.

And I easily feel like crying whether it be tears of joy or tears of pain but I try not to do it around others because I know it makes people uncomfortable and I don't like to do that but lets just say that my tear ducts get enough exercise.
    You can cry all you want around me, it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. Well, I mean, unless that's ALL you do, that would get tiresome after a while.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    You can cry all you want around me, it doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. Well, I mean, unless that's ALL you do, that would get tiresome after a while.

Nah, that's not all I do. Probably averages out to a couple of times a month.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Nah, that's not all I do. Probably averages out to a couple of times a month.
    Ah, well that's prefectly fine. Cry away.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel