• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Conflict between Fi users?

MBTI Type
help
Enneagram
pls
Especially if both Fi users are immature and have it programmed in them that their values are so right that they're unwilling to listen to another person's thoughts and opinions without vomiting up their own beliefs and spraying the other person w/ it.

I don't know if immature Fi-doms are like this, but I've talked to a lot of IxFPs and a lot of them tell me that when they were younger they were pretty adamant with their beliefs and refused to acknowledge what another person's view on the subject. I've also noticed that a lot of xNFPs say that their ideal choice for friends are other xNFPs. Is it easy to befriend each other because of your similarities or purely because you like seeing the same vigor in other people? * u *

But, basically, how do Fi users get along with one another? Let's say there are two super opinionated and sensitive INFPs that watch Boyz 'n the Hood together, and one of them finds the movie more insulting because of its portrayal of the hood and stereotypes of the urban black community, while the other thinks that it's a great movie because it gets the message of the cycle of violence and internal racism across, would they peacefully agree to disagree or start viewing their friend in a negative light because their interpretations go against each other's opinions in blaxploitation movies (these two are pretty simple so let's assume 70% of what they care about are blaxploitation films)?!?!?

Burger King

It's called Ne and Te. Functions that help balance the subjective nature of introverted feeling.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm an NFP that tends not to get along so well with other NFPs IRL. I run into this conflict often. I think both because I'm NeFi and a more Fe-ish ENFP at that, I often find other NFPs too rigid Fi-wise to want to spend a lot of time around. As for SFPs, they seem more laid-back and grounded, and I rarely run into conflict with them.

That said, I have a handful of NFP friends. I basically try to emphasize exploration of ideas with them and steer clear of value judgments. One of my best friends from high school is conservative Christian NFP, and I'm a very liberal agnostic, and we just don't talk about personal religion or politics much - we talk about music, travelling, exploration, anime, ideas, passions, and whatever else instead. Emphasizing Ne is very useful.

Also Fi does have a sort of "live-and-let-live" vibe to it, so that helps too. I think she's illogical and kind of short-sighted for her beliefs but it really doesn't bother me that she has them. I'm weird in some ways, too. I assume it would be similar with the two INFPs and the movie. Either they'd find other things in the movie to talk about, or they'd part ways.

Last edited:

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Especially if both Fi users are immature and have it programmed in them that their values are so right that they're unwilling to listen to another person's thoughts and opinions without vomiting up their own beliefs and spraying the other person w/ it.

I don't know if immature Fi-doms are like this, but I've talked to a lot of IxFPs and a lot of them tell me that when they were younger they were pretty adamant with their beliefs and refused to acknowledge what another person's view on the subject. I've also noticed that a lot of xNFPs say that their ideal choice for friends are other xNFPs. Is it easy to befriend each other because of your similarities or purely because you like seeing the same vigor in other people? * u *

But, basically, how do Fi users get along with one another? Let's say there are two super opinionated and sensitive INFPs that watch Boyz 'n the Hood together, and one of them finds the movie more insulting because of its portrayal of the hood and stereotypes of the urban black community, while the other thinks that it's a great movie because it gets the message of the cycle of violence and internal racism across, would they peacefully agree to disagree or start viewing their friend in a negative light because their interpretations go against each other's opinions in blaxploitation movies (these two are pretty simple so let's assume 70% of what they care about are blaxploitation films)?!?!?

Well, I've noticed that if I see that the person is genuinely trying not to make it into a situation where my opinion is worthless (usually through gestures like "yeah that's true, but..." rather than "NO. that doesn't make ANY sense at all"), than I would 'agree to disagree'. Sometimes it's not even in the things that someone says, but the way he/she may stand so adamantly for an opinion, or if he/she would not even bother to consider mine.

I've noticed that I can let people with the most contrary ideas, fly by, but someone like a close friend who cannot understand 'where I'm coming from', I'd probably have something to say back.

And to your question, I guess it depends. Part of having a value-based system, is that you have to internally weigh whether something is the wrong or right thing to do in a certain circumstance, and it's not necessarily based on whether the Fi-user actually disagrees/agrees on a topic either.

gromit

likes this
I dated someone who was almost certainly INFP in my early 20s and he was stubborn as hell regarding certain things, me too, I bet. We had generally similar values, but a few core ones we did not share, and that was the downfall of the relationship.

Standuble

If there was one thing a group of Fi-doms could bring to the table it would be civil war.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As long as you accompany the Fi with Ne (in a non-aggressive way) - or stay mostly within Ne - you should get along just fine; of course, I'm talking about conversations with xNFPs.

As for the movie, either I don't like it and there's now way I'm not watching the movie, or the other guy can get out of the room if I like it and he doesn't want to watch it.