• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] do you like being stoned, NF ?

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
typical infp, still lives in the stone age when it comes to science :D . Get your info updated asap.
Well, marijuana at least is known to cause shrinkage of the brain region that deals with orienting yourself in space and short-term memory. I have no idea about other drugs, but I'm sure they're not all candy and kittens.

Unique

Unfortunately, drugs never work the way they are suppose to on me. Every time I have been stoned, I have found the experience to be disconcerting. Just like with alcohol, I can feel my mental processes slowing down and becoming hindered. It is not a feeling I enjoy.

Ah depressants...

Not the most "enhancing" group of drugs imo

Nick named "downers" for a reason ;)

Great if you WANT to slow down, sounds as if that's not your desire

P

Phantonym

I have never been stoned and I don't feel an inclination to try it out. I have a very addictive personality, so I'm sure it'd be trouble...

I've never been stoned either. Although, I'd at least like the opportunity to give it a try in a controlled environment and with good quality substances. How else am I going to know whether I'd like it or not. But since I too have a higly addictive personality, I'd most probably be in trouble as well...

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've never been stoned either. Although, I'd at least like the opportunity to give it a try in a controlled environment and with good quality substances. How else am I going to know whether I'd like it or not. But since I too have a higly addictive personality, I'd most probably be in trouble as well...

Quitting cigarettes is hard enough. No WAY I'm getting into drugs.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, marijuana at least is known to cause shrinkage of the brain region that deals with orienting yourself in space and short-term memory. I have no idea about other drugs, but I'm sure they're not all candy and kittens.

Well, you dont know what your talking about. Iv been researching what cannabis does to you pretty damn much for meny years. Like i told you, you have been lied. You allso think it causes lung(and maybe others too) cancer, makes your sperm bad and makes you melt if you smoke it too much? :D

That study in the 50's that "proved" that cannabis destroys brain cells was with monkeys and they were kept in gas masks and had really strong cannabis all the time till they died basicly. Then they studied theyr brains and noticed dead brain cells. What they didnt tell you that they made the monkeys choke to the smoke and they didnt get enough oxygen and that caused the brain damage.. This has been corrected later, but do you see enyone talking about it like they talk about the dead brain cells? Quess why, because its illegal and no one wants to talk about illegal drugs being healthier than legal ones like alcohol and tobacco. You can search for really much info on more resent cannabis studies. They still try to make some studies that give the image of more negative resaults than what they really are, its part of the propaganda against cannabis. But if you see what more respectfull scientists who did study cannabis say, they just laught at these propaganda "researches".

The thing with cannabis is that meny people get passive when they smoke, and when they smoke often, they are often passive. Being passive all the time causes same thing happen to brains what happen to muscles, they get weak. Its not that cannabis makes you dumb, its the user who makes himself dumb by being too passive. Same thing can happen without cannabis allso. I like to do same things when im high than sober and i am more intrested of doing stuff when high, so i dont feel it effecting me in bad way.

Allso what comes to mental health and cannabis, cannabis doesent cause them, it just triggers them if you allready got one coming. However, if you spend too much energy on being fucked up and you smoke way too much 24/7 it can cause social problems that can lead to mental problems.

Addiction to cannabis is like addiction to junk food or candy, normal people dont get addicted to those, but if you got addictive tendecies you might get addicted to cannabis like you can get addicted to about enything.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ah depressants...

Not the most "enhancing" group of drugs imo

Nick named "downers" for a reason ;)

Great if you WANT to slow down, sounds as if that's not your desire

Eh, cannabis isn't really a "downer" per se, at least not in its mechanism of action. You do often get that "burnt out feeling" when the high goes away, probably my least favorite part of weed next to throat irritation.

Well, you dont know what your talking about. Iv been researching what cannabis does to you pretty damn much for meny years. Like i told you, you have been lied. You allso think it causes lung(and maybe others too) cancer, makes your sperm bad and makes you melt if you smoke it too much? :D

Inhaling combustible plant material is bad for you, period. Yes, it can cause cancer, although one reason the risk isn't as high as with tobacco is that nicotine prevents your lungs from getting rid of the tar through vasoconstriction, while thc is a vasodilator so you don't have quite the same problem. But smoking anything is bad for you, and there can be no disputing that. Doesn't mean I don't do it from time to time, but there's no use deceiving oneself.

But the biggest negatives of weed are due to the fact that it's smoked, not the actual drug itself, which can be vaporized or eaten. Studies in short term memory and iq show that heavy marijuana use drops i.q. around 3-6 points in the short term, but if the user quits, then it quickly returns to the previous point.

Marijuana, like everything else, is best experienced in moderation, and I'm a firm believer that if you're going to put something into your body, you better have a damn good idea what it's doing to you.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's no real point in discussing this, because you can skew the evidence either way. For my part, I'm going to avoid drug-use, because I'm more prone to think it's unhealthy and I don't care to spend time in prison.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Inhaling combustible plant material is bad for you, period. Yes, it can cause cancer, although one reason the risk isn't as high as with tobacco is that nicotine prevents your lungs from getting rid of the tar through vasoconstriction, while thc is a vasodilator so you don't have quite the same problem. But smoking anything is bad for you, and there can be no disputing that. Doesn't mean I don't do it from time to time, but there's no use deceiving oneself.

But the biggest negatives of weed are due to the fact that it's smoked, not the actual drug itself, which can be vaporized or eaten. Studies in short term memory and iq show that heavy marijuana use drops i.q. around 3-6 points in the short term, but if the user quits, then it quickly returns to the previous point.

Marijuana, like everything else, is best experienced in moderation, and I'm a firm believer that if you're going to put something into your body, you better have a damn good idea what it's doing to you.

Im not saying smoking is good for you, but its not the only way you can use cannabis, like you mentioned eating or vaporizing. Studies show that people who smoke tobacco and cannabis have lower risk of lung cancer than people who only smoke tobacco. Smoking tobacco causes cancer because of the radioactive incredients in it, not so much tar itself, but tar does you other bad stuff. Allso when you smoke tobacco, you smoke it much more than what you smoke cannabis, im not talking about one cigarette or one joint, but in x period of time.
Studies made in jamaica, where they dont mix tobacco with cannabis shows that they dont get more lung cancer than people who doesent smoke cannabis. Cannabis prevents cancer, because cannabinoids (that people naturally have) is killing mutated cells and mutated cells are what causes cancer. Cannabinoids in cannabis works the same way as your natural cannabinoids, the difference is in the amount and the fact that when you take cannabis it spreads to much wider area than your own cannabinoids.

What comes to memory drop, its mostly because of being passive, cannabis itself does cause that, but its been scientifically proven that the difference is so small that it doesent show in eny way.

Different cannabinoids effect in your head different time, thc doesent effect long, but cbd that makes you stoned(instead high) when combined with thc effects longer. You can see it yourself, when you smoke several times a day and first time gets you more high feeling and later you get more passive(stoned), since cbd is still kicking. Cbd itself doesent have eny effect, but it alters the effects of thc and after there is so little thc left that you dont feel high, cbd makes the passive feeling stronger still, even if you arent high enymore, thats why you might feel bit tired the next day(and some maybe several days), unless you got used to smoking cannabis often.

Personally i think the greatest thing about cannabis is that it lets me used my not so strong cognitive functions without me using more energy on them. It kinda feels like it takes the energy away from Ti and spreads it more even with all of the functions. Allso it works bit like hallucinogens by seperating different functions, but not that strongly as hallucinogens does. This helps me develope and understand how different functions work better than without smoking.

Im not suggesting enyone to smoke cannabis, because its not good for you, unless your mental health is good, and you might not know about all the hidden shit you got in your head that cannabis might bring to surface. Alltho they might be good for you to treat those problems in the subconcious, even if you dont see them effecting you.

jawz

MBTI Type
INFx
Enneagram
I've never done it and I don't have any particular interest in doing it. I could understand how it could be a healthy activity in moderation, though. As for drinking, I enjoy getting drunk on occasion, it really seems to depend on the person/people I'm with and the circumstances.

I did have a terrible problem with sleeping pills though (when they were available to me at least), or really, anything that will make me sleep I can have a problem with.

LEGERdeMAIN

Im not saying smoking is good for you, but its not the only way you can use cannabis, like you mentioned eating or vaporizing. Studies show that people who smoke tobacco and cannabis have lower risk of lung cancer than people who only smoke tobacco. Smoking tobacco causes cancer because of the radioactive incredients in it, not so much tar itself, but tar does you other bad stuff. Allso when you smoke tobacco, you smoke it much more than what you smoke cannabis, im not talking about one cigarette or one joint, but in x period of time.
Studies made in jamaica, where they dont mix tobacco with cannabis shows that they dont get more lung cancer than people who doesent smoke cannabis. Cannabis prevents cancer, because cannabinoids (that people naturally have) is killing mutated cells and mutated cells are what causes cancer. Cannabinoids in cannabis works the same way as your natural cannabinoids, the difference is in the amount and the fact that when you take cannabis it spreads to much wider area than your own cannabinoids.

What comes to memory drop, its mostly because of being passive, cannabis itself does cause that, but its been scientifically proven that the difference is so small that it doesent show in eny way.

Different cannabinoids effect in your head different time, thc doesent effect long, but cbd that makes you stoned(instead high) when combined with thc effects longer. You can see it yourself, when you smoke several times a day and first time gets you more high feeling and later you get more passive(stoned), since cbd is still kicking. Cbd itself doesent have eny effect, but it alters the effects of thc and after there is so little thc left that you dont feel high, cbd makes the passive feeling stronger still, even if you arent high enymore, thats why you might feel bit tired the next day(and some maybe several days), unless you got used to smoking cannabis often.

Personally i think the greatest thing about cannabis is that it lets me used my not so strong cognitive functions without me using more energy on them. It kinda feels like it takes the energy away from Ti and spreads it more even with all of the functions. Allso it works bit like hallucinogens by seperating different functions, but not that strongly as hallucinogens does. This helps me develope and understand how different functions work better than without smoking.

Im not suggesting enyone to smoke cannabis, because its not good for you, unless your mental health is good, and you might not know about all the hidden shit you got in your head that cannabis might bring to surface. Alltho they might be good for you to treat those problems in the subconcious, even if you dont see them effecting you.

As far as the last few posts about cannabis and health....

I was, at different times in my life, a heavy marijuana smoker, a light marijuana smoker and a moderate marijuana..um...vaporizer? Anyway, as far as the benefits go, I didn't really experience many benefits from heavy usage, although I didn't really care at the time, because I was always too stoned. When I smoked lightly, I was in high school and then a freshman in college and I used it primarily to help me get into study mode after class and then smoked a little before I went to bed to make sure I fell asleep on time. I found that I was able to concentrate better on my schoolwork while high, although I know people who are act like they're ADD when high. I'm sure marijuana, like everything else, has different effects on different people. As an introvert, I tend to self-censor what I say, and more importantly, what I write. Using marijuana temporarily inhibits this habit so that I can write exactly what I think without worrying too much that I'm being too honest or too revealing. Using the vaporization method, my high seems to be closer to a psychedelic drug, rather than the usual "almost-an-opiate" high I get from smoking.

As far as the bad stuff, if you smoke too much of ANYTHING, you increase your risk of cancer and hamper your ability to breath during strenuous activity. I lost many a wrestling match due to exhaustion and breathing difficulties. It's also true that common knowledge amongst the average mammal is lacking when it comes to cannibus. I recommend someone start a thread to further educate Typologycentral on cannabis and other illicit substances.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Weed is only good around non-engaging people. I try to avoid non-engaging people, so being stoned is a waste of a night.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
None since I learnt that asbestos is actually in a lot of drugs :/ There's no point in killing myself

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
None since I learnt that asbestos is actually in a lot of drugs :/ There's no point in killing myself

This was a good one :laugh:

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not a fan of any substance that hinders my ability to control my mind or body. Also, I'm deranged enough... adding something to the mix and damn I'd hate to see the result.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not a fan of any substance that hinders my ability to control my mind or body. Also, I'm deranged enough... adding something to the mix and damn I'd hate to see the result.

Cannabis doesent neseccerily hinder your ability to control your mind or body, it depends on person. Some get insane mind and body control when stoned and some lose it nearly at all. Id guess that with infj it would most likely weaken them, based on what kind of effects iv seen on different kinds of persons.

Ben Dover

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
As far as the last few posts about cannabis and health....

I was, at different times in my life, a heavy marijuana smoker, a light marijuana smoker and a moderate marijuana..um...vaporizer? Anyway, as far as the benefits go, I didn't really experience many benefits from heavy usage, although I didn't really care at the time, because I was always too stoned. When I smoked lightly, I was in high school and then a freshman in college and I used it primarily to help me get into study mode after class and then smoked a little before I went to bed to make sure I fell asleep on time. I found that I was able to concentrate better on my schoolwork while high, although I know people who are act like they're ADD when high. I'm sure marijuana, like everything else, has different effects on different people. As an introvert, I tend to self-censor what I say, and more importantly, what I write. Using marijuana temporarily inhibits this habit so that I can write exactly what I think without worrying too much that I'm being too honest or too revealing. Using the vaporization method, my high seems to be closer to a psychedelic drug, rather than the usual "almost-an-opiate" high I get from smoking.

As far as the bad stuff, if you smoke too much of ANYTHING, you increase your risk of cancer and hamper your ability to breath during strenuous activity. I lost many a wrestling match due to exhaustion and breathing difficulties. It's also true that common knowledge amongst the average mammal is lacking when it comes to cannibus. I recommend someone start a thread to further educate Typologycentral on cannabis and other illicit substances.

If you want to watch an awesome and informative documentary on marijuana, check out "The Union: the Business Behind Getting High." I think it just came out on DVD not too long ago, and its on Netflix instant watch. For a pot documentary, it's surprisingly well done.

Ugh, I don't even know how to go about getting pot anymore, it's been way too long!

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you want to watch an awesome and informative documentary on marijuana, check out "The Union: the Business Behind Getting High." I think it just came out on DVD not too long ago, and its on Netflix instant watch. For a pot documentary, it's surprisingly well done.

Ugh, I don't even know how to go about getting pot anymore, it's been way too long!

Thats a great documentary, imo everyone should see it.

What comes to getting pot, order some seeds online and grow your own :yes: