• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] do you like being stoned, NF ?

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I did, for a while.
However, over time the default feeling induced by weed changed from being pleasant to a state of intense paranoia and a feeling of panic, which is the reason why I stoped smoking it a few years ago.

Same thing here. I was quite the seasoned pothead until about the age of 25, when it started to cause me to get intense, crippling panic attacks. I can barely smell the stuff now without it causing my heart to start racing.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ive never been stoned, so i can't say if i would like it or not.

Shinzon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Chalk up another for likes being stoned, but dislikes being drunk.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Same thing here. I was quite the seasoned pothead until about the age of 25, when it started to cause me to get intense, crippling panic attacks. I can barely smell the stuff now without it causing my heart to start racing.

I have several friends that say the same thing. I wonder why this is? Some kind of reverse tolerance in the brain? Stronger pot nowadays?

Abhaya

MBTI Type
INFP
I like it alright but I do get a little paranoid every now and then. I also like being drunk but too much so. Which is why I don't drink anymore. :shock:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
It depends on the time of day. If it's too late, it just puts me to sleep. During the day, yeah...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Never smoked anything or drank (though I could if I wanted to...I just don't want to...but at some point I need to investigate the effects of alcohol upon my person, alone preferably). But if you consider MMOs like a drug, then yes, I would say that I enjoy the detachment from reality very much. I remember reading/hearing that games like that have similar effects on your brain as narcotics, which I guess would contribute to the "slow" feeling in my head when I have to resume reality. Ultimately, I get sick of the feeling and stop playing for a while.

I worry, though, about what would happen if I were to try any real drug and like it. I have an obsessive personality; the consequences could be dire.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I enjoy it, though my drug of choice is Psilocybin.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
And yet your spelling is impeccable. Nicely done, sir.

This past semester I wrote my final draft of a 20 page Research Proposal high and I made the only A. It was a big relief since I thought smoking prior to writing would be a detriment to my grade. And I do recall her saying that it was the only realistic and useful proposal out of all of them. I remembered it was due the night before and I had already spent most of the night smoking at my friend's house. I had to rush home and edit/expand on my first draft (which wasn't very well done since it was just a completion grade) stoned. Turns out it wasn't such a bad thing. In fact, I'm high now too after a hard day's work.

But will I ever smoke before working on a major project again? That is TBA.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never been intoxicated.
except when infatuated.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
In my case, I don't need it! Already too prone to esacape from reality, I need something keeping me in touch with reality.

When I have had to have medical procedures, I have really hated coming off being under as well. I hate feeling out of control or under an influence.

I love the feeling of temporarily having no control, but only because it's different and I know it won't last.

Though I hated after getting my wisdom teeth not being able to swallow and my mom having to empty my pain capsule and crush my antibiotic into pudding (I can no longer eat oreo pudding, it now tastes bitter) it was meperghan btw. though it didn't heal properly so I got vicodin after that (not as fun as meperghan but still weeeeee!!! )

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
SWIM had the chemical THC in his body a few times and noticed that the first couple or so times were fun especially when he was alone and not wondering if people were wondering he was stoned. Then it went from being fun to a complete introspective nightmare and a battle of inner morals and overwhelming paranoia.

SWIM has also tried Psilocybin and had a complete nightmare his first time and then had a blast the a few times, and then cried himself crazy the last time he did it. Since then SWIM has chosen not to EFF with his brain.

SWIM has never been drunk though and is the only person he knows of to quit nicotine because he got bored with it because he is an extremem ENFP that can never stick to things.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've been a wee bit stoned once, I despised the feeling. Drunk many times though never out of control. I can't stand it.

Control Freak!

yes, yes, I guess...a little bit. :blush:

Edit: @AA, I would love to get bored with nicotine, how the heck do you do that?

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Edit: @AA, I would love to get bored with nicotine, how the heck do you do that?

Honestly, I have no clue but here is what SWIM says transpired. He said that he was very busy for 2 street weeks studying and prepping for the USMLE and freaking out, and forgot to purchase any nicotine products. He litterally had no time to scratch his own ass and when the two weeks were over, he realized that he wasn't jonesing for a death stick at all. It just kinda went out of style for him.

SWIM admits that his main problem with smoking was just being around certain people and places that made him want to smoke. SWIM thinks that staying away from these influences that are associated with nicotine help alot with getting bored with it. SWIM will admit though that even though he smoked half a pack a day, it was only around certain people and certain places that he would do it, and always felt sick from it when he did it alone.

SWIM is not sure how this would be useful to others but hopes it might give any sort of insight to anyone.