User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

anja!! don't depress me!! i was tryin to have a laugh!! but yeah...drugs...really suck but i'm talking about pot...pot is just fine for some people...imo.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP

In my case I just used it to sort of infuse something into my thoughts, they were too scattered and disordered otherwise. I was in a constant state of turmoil, I just felt like my mindset wouldn't allow me to believe I could consciously influence anything. Weed was a way to introduce some passion and chaos in a way. It was weird because it influenced my thoughts in a way that brought contentedness to my life. With some self reflection (after the fact) however it was clear that it was only an illusion, I hated the sloth like way I had become and the fiendish nature that smoking all the time can bring.

It's actually funny that it took another drug to level off my interest and activity in smoking. ADD meds, but I've definitely noticed a marked increase in my ability and confidence with having an actionable mentality. My need for other drugs waned accordingly as well. In fact most times I used to smoke I would go into a slightly depressive introspective mode that wasn't that appealing.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Drugs're bad!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Drugs're bad!
    I don't know if drugs are bad. Maybe some are. It's when we use them to do something for us that we don't want to take time to learn to do for ourselves that we get into trouble with them. Obvious in the case of addictive ones. Repetition of those and everybody knows what happens.

Then there are the prescription psychoactive ones which can allow someone to function fairly normally. The unfortunate thing about those is their sometimes devastating side-effects over time.

Pot can seem relatively harmless like coffee. Or like smoking nicotine used to seem to be to people. It is a risky thing because of the judgement impairment which can happen for people.

My son ODed on alcohol. He has anxiety disorder and the alcohol helps him function in public. He doesn't want to take drugs. It was an odd thing because he is an experienced drinker. I want to say "He should have known better."

When they found him clinically dead in an alley several blocks from the bar his blood alcohol level was .547. Only very experienced drinkers can even get that high and still walk.

He and his boyz had been doing shots and he won.

I sat with him on life support for over thirty hours. They doubted that he'd come back. But he did.

He tried to stay straight for a couple of months but didn't change his friends or his habits and he's using again. Most of his sobriety was spent hiding in his room. Certainly no better way to live than using.

He says he now knows how to handle it. I've heard that from every problematic user until they accept that it's causing problems for them. And I've heard plenty admit that they can't use without problems in their lives but not be willing to try any other way.

The problem isn't the type of drug exactly. Anything mood-altering can cause life problems.

I don't use pot although I like the effects. It's that relaxed, carefree feeling that it gives me which can lead to making unwise decisions for me that I want to avoid.

I know what a downer it is to hear it. It is depressing, yes. Sometimes the truth sucks. Heh.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^I was just kidding, somewhat. South Park reference.

I've done essentially every drug in the book (except crack, but only because it was never in front of me...)

I do somewhat disagree with the comparison of pot to nicotine or caffeine, though. It's much more intense. Stoners find their way to function -- it's doable, but it's still a pretty major handicap.

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    I did, for a while.
    However, over time the default feeling induced by weed changed from being pleasant to a state of intense paranoia and a feeling of panic, which is the reason why I stoped smoking it a few years ago.
    Totally. The same thing happened to me. I wonder why this is.

MBTI
    ENFP

it's interesting how varied the responses are by type! i would have expected some sort of pattern, but it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to it. i guess this is more of a social thing, like what... crowd, for lack of a better word, what crowd you're in. but even then, that's not totally true, so maybe it's a purely individual choice?
    What's up universe?

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    ^I was just kidding, somewhat. South Park reference.

I've done essentially every drug in the book (except crack, but only because it was never in front of me...)

I do somewhat disagree with the comparison of pot to nicotine or caffeine, though. It's much more intense. Stoners find their way to function -- it's doable, but it's still a pretty major handicap.
    I agree as well. At least for me, personally. I have met people who are absolutely energized and active when they're stoned. When I used to smoke, this would puzzle me. It's probably another reason why I stopped smoking.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4,5?
    Socionics
    INFp

i think responsibility is a key thing to mention here.

i also think poor judgment calls are a result of what's going on in one's mind at the time.

too many people don't have a good enough grasp on themselves and their place in this world to begin with. when their thoughts and feelings are exemplified as when abusing drugs or alcohol bad/poor/wrong thoughts and actions can occur that wouldn't occur in a 'normal' state of mind.

people tend to get lost in their own minds and take on an entirely new identity when they're drunk or really stoned. Because of the exemplifying of unconscious feelings and ideas that comes with taking a mind-altering substance, those who are less aware of these dormant processes often react in an extreme manner and lose touch with reality entirely.

in this respect i think alcohol abuse is a lot worse than marijuana abuse as both can impair judgment (if the user isn't aware that they're still the one in control of his or her mind and body) but alcohol has resulting physical effects that are nowhere close to that calm, laid-back (well, lethargic) feeling weed often induces.

when you notice the physical and mental effects weed or alcohol have on yourself, know that the thoughts and actions eking out of you are your subconscious manifested, but they are still your thoughts and actions.

[shit i i was so convinced that what i'm saying is true but now i'm having second thoughts. i'll let someone else decide.]

but now maybe that^up there^ is where a lot of people 'go wrong'. when they begin to feel or think things that are unfamiliar to how they experience their daily lives, it could go a few ways as i see it.
    If they don't have a good hold on reality initially, they will only become less in touch with themselves, and the more extreme the case the higher potential for a downward spiral of self-pity or unawareness or confusion.
    if they cant even differentiate between their conscious and unconscious to begin with then they will feel that the effects they're experiencing are actually challenging who they are and so feel attacked. by themselves?

alcohol results in more of an outward thing where weed internalizes everything and forces you to come to conclusions based on your coriest of core truths and virtues (you might not have even known you believe ).
    in both cases though, a 'poor' foundation for one's virtues, combined with a less-conscious application of them to the 'drunk' or 'high' or 'stoned' feelings and thoughts, results in those feelings and thoughts being poor themselves?
    am i on to something?

i personally have only been in a situation where i put the mind or body of myself or another in jeopardy under the influence of alcohol.
    but that was totally acceptable by our society's standards, so it's ok.

i don't think i finished all my thoughts, but i think i've presented some sensible ideas, and i'm going to be done anyway.
    So you were born, and that is a good day.
    And someday you'll die and what a shame.
    But somewhere in the between, theres a life in which we all dream,
    And nothing and no one will ever take that away.

MBTI
    ENFP

that was good, i liked that! nicely articulated!
    What's up universe?