• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFPs, are we really as open minded as we think we are?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not always open-minded, but I try my best to be respectful.

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes!!! I think we NFPs hold our morals very dear, but our outward demeanor is so laid-back & accepting to other people that our beliefs can be easy to hide.

A

Anew Leaf

I'm super flexible so long as I haven't made a Decision/Judgement Call. And then usually once I have reached my Decision, there is almost no going back.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm open minded precisely as much as I think I am, no more, no less.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
In their defense they would however be open to emotional reason behind a totally opposite point of view due to Fi. They might not agree but they will try to accept/respect.

So if you wish to change the mind of a stubborn judgmental NFP bitch the best thing to do might be to convince them how personally you feel about something they disagree with. You can also lie. As long as you sound sincere they'd fall for it.

Can an NFP confirm the last two paras?

Look at it this way. If you're trying to convince me to change my mind on a non-trivial matter, you're basically asking me to compromise on an existing principle. This probably sounds selfish, but in a compromise it's a give-and-take. The question I would ask myself is "What's in it for me?. What do I get in return for giving up ground?"
That's why calling me stubborn or mule-headed in this situation will only make me dig in my hooves even further :D

That's also why using logical reasoning might not work as well as a plea to the heart. When you give these type of reasons (even good ones), it would sound like you're telling me "You should change your mind because I think it's a good idea".

Showing me how important it is to you that I do something for you would be the better way. Even better is if you could acknowledge my point of view as valid and present what you're convincing me of as an alternative instead of saying "You're doing it wrong. My way is better"

Disclaimer : All of the above are my personal views. Other NFPs mileages may vary :D

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I am INFP and I am so not open minded. I demand a lot from the people in my lives, as much as I'd prefer not to (and take meds to chill out lol).

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thread summary: "I'm so open-minded to the fact that I may not be open-minded." :laugh:

eclecticreject

MBTI Type
INFP
^^^Agreed.

I always like to re-evaluate my values and my actions to make sure I am being and acting the way I desire to be, open-mindedness being very high in my value system possibly under spirituality, which I know kind of taints my open-mindedness in a sense.