User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Default Why do I severely dislike people?

I'm not sure really. But is there a reason for me to have such strong and intense feelings of dislike against most people.
    The thing is, I think infps are known to be acceptant of almost anyone. The more I think about it, the less I feel my past lives up to this notion.

I always have felt as if I had nihilistic attitudes toward people. especially people I've deemed superficial on some level... And that happens often... anyone else feel the same?
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

WALMART

You secretly resent your own existence.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    I'm not sure really. But is there a reason for me to have such strong and intense feelings of dislike against most people.
    The thing is, I think infps are known to be acceptant of almost anyone. The more I think about it, the less I feel my past lives up to this notion.

I always have felt as if I had nihilistic attitudes toward people. especially people I've deemed superficial on some level... And that happens often... anyone else feel the same?
    Fi can lead to that maybe? Because you have strong values and others don't live up to them?

IDK...sometimes INTJ's in the Ni-Fi loop resemble that...so maybe you are in an Fi-Si loop.

In which case I would suggest, try using some Ne to perceive things from their perspective. You don't have to agree with them, but understanding a situation helps to reduce anger/resentment/judgementalness* at it.

*Is that even a word?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Idealistic tendencies towards humanity that are repeatedly disappointed resulting in disillusionment?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Idealistic tendencies towards humanity that are repeatedly disappointed resulting in disillusionment?
    Yeah. But I would say it in a way that everyone understands...

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

What is it you don't like about them?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    You secretly resent your own existence.
    How so? Is this an enneagram issue?

The weird string is I think I'm a 4w5 or a 1w2 or something rather than a 4w5 like I used to think...

Feeling FiNe

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Yeah. But I would say it in a way that everyone understands...
    To be fair I thought that was simplifying it a bit.

Hmm...ok. Basically a person can hold an idea of how humanity should be, or how things ought to be and this puts them on a pedestal. But then people around them dont fit in with this 'ought'. So now there is this conflict between the ideal, (the pedestal), and the reality of some of the individuals surrounding the person who holds this ideal.

This then results in a dislike of people in general, based upon the lasting impression of negative encounters and experiences. Unfortunately events that evoke a negative reaction are more easily remembered and can leave a bigger impact on a person. So if there were positive people within this mix, their contribution would pale in comparison to the negative people, in the eyes of the individual with the ideal. Eventually the pedestal that humanity is placed on is chipped away bit by bit until it crumbles and the person who held that ideal in the first place becomes very bitter.

It's a by-product of black and white idealism's. Although im not saying this is your issue, just an idea.

That probably isn't any more clear.....
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm not really sure. It's like there's all this negative potential in all these relationships that I could have with people. It's almost as if I can tell exactly where something is going once I start commuting with other people.

People, I feel, are obvious. And there are some people who have emotionally scarred me in the past, who I wouldn't view as 'beautiful' contradicting that INFP thing to view 'everyone as beautiful'.

Overall, it's just this quaint feeling that things aren't going to go right with the majority of people that I encounter in life.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'm not really sure. It's like there's all this negative potential in all these relationships that I could have with people. It's almost as if I can tell exactly where something is going once I start commuting with other people.

People, I feel, are obvious. And there are some people who have emotionally scarred me in the past, who I wouldn't view as 'beautiful' contradicting that INFP thing to view 'everyone as beautiful'.

Overall, it's just this quaint feeling that things aren't going to go right with the majority of people that I encounter in life.

Feeling FiNe