User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    You may see more differences than similarities between yourself and others because you suffer from low self esteem and want to reject people in your mind (or otherwise) before they can reject you. Also you mention that things won't turn out right with most of the people in your life. You have more power to create the relationships you desire in your life than you seem to realise. Why aren't things working out? Is it this negative attitude that may perhaps be turning others off? Who wants to have to prove themselves worthy?
    This. Especially the bolded.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Most people mindlessly conform, judge anyone different from themselves, and are incapable of critical thought or leaving their comfort zone.

oh the irony.

emphasis mine.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

my INFP best friend is very accepting when it comes to certain type of people, but he has these thing like "damn youngings" that he adopted from his ESTJ friend. i have noticed that he tends to be very sort of welcoming for this sort of negative attitudes coming from other people. maybe it has to rhyme with some of his internal feelings too, but in some situations like this when he expressed his opinion based on other peoples opinions, he doesent seem to be very able to explain himself and this negative viewpoint that he has, which to me then sound absolutely ridiculous. similar thing has also happened with some former friends of his/our good friend(most likely ISFP), after this friend of ours started to have negative views on those other(breathing hip hop, break dance, smoke weed and drink beer everyday folks) people. i have tried this INFP friend to explain his reasoning for dislike multiple times and best reason that he could give is that this other friend of ours infected with those opinions.

the bottom point is that maybe you should looks around you for reasons why you dislike certain type of people(and think why you might not have real reason to dislike other types of people and what are the real reasons for like/dislike).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    Most people mindlessly conform, judge anyone different from themselves, and are incapable of critical thought or leaving their comfort zone. It's almost certainly perfectly normal; don't worry.

I think it would be hard to prove this isn't true. I've found, however, that being in a great relationship (like with a mate) can be very meaningful, though, and can certainly take the edge off reality's harshness.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Perhaps your Fi is on-the-fritz. Ha.

But seriously.

Misanthropy is the correct way to go about life. You're asking the wrong question(s).
    What is there to truly like about people?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The "way something is going" is very much a two way street. What is it that you think you do that causes this negative potential to be realized? I would imagine that it's possible other people pick up on your dislike for them.

Also, on the emotional scarring - I'm not sure what happened there but depending on what it was, that could have a lot to do with this. Trust is probably the #1 thing in relationships.
    I think I'm fairly positive when it comes to people. I try my best not to seem rude either.
    I think I agree with what @sorenx7 says; it's mainly part of being an INFP to not maybe give off a rose colored glasses outlook to other people, but conserve multiple realities within himself/herself.

But I see what you mean, that's why I try to not to be rude with others I guess.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    You may see more differences than similarities between yourself and others because you suffer from low self esteem and want to reject people in your mind (or otherwise) before they can reject you. Also you mention that things won't turn out right with most of the people in your life. You have more power to create the relationships you desire in your life than you seem to realise. Why aren't things working out? Is it this negative attitude that may perhaps be turning others off? Who wants to have to prove themselves worthy?
    It's not that things aren't working out, more that I envision things to not work out. It's a more pessimistic view of life I guess.
    I never said I put this stuff on other people, but I guess I have at times, but that's only if they've pushed me to some sort of breaking point I guess.

But other than that, I guess I would not want to prove myself worthy either, and I don't expect that from people.
    It's more of the fact that I feel my mind is less conditioned to view others positively for some reason. If it's the fact that I have low self esteem that would be interesting, but I guess that's the question that I'm really asking, is it more related to the INFP way of looking at things or is this my own issue?

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    my INFP best friend is very accepting when it comes to certain type of people, but he has these thing like "damn youngings" that he adopted from his ESTJ friend. i have noticed that he tends to be very sort of welcoming for this sort of negative attitudes coming from other people. maybe it has to rhyme with some of his internal feelings too, but in some situations like this when he expressed his opinion based on other peoples opinions, he doesent seem to be very able to explain himself and this negative viewpoint that he has, which to me then sound absolutely ridiculous. similar thing has also happened with some former friends of his/our good friend(most likely ISFP), after this friend of ours started to have negative views on those other(breathing hip hop, break dance, smoke weed and drink beer everyday folks) people. i have tried this INFP friend to explain his reasoning for dislike multiple times and best reason that he could give is that this other friend of ours infected with those opinions.

the bottom point is that maybe you should looks around you for reasons why you dislike certain type of people(and think why you might not have real reason to dislike other types of people and what are the real reasons for like/dislike).
    Looking at what's feeding me thoughts in my environment right now is actually a good way of looking at things. And I think you've understood what I'm saying pretty well...

I think a lot of people here think that this view of other people, is because I've rationally deemed other people to be 'worthless', which is not quite right.and that could be largely my fault. Don't blame me, blame the inferior Te.

I think it's more of a conditioning thing, it's feel as if I'm programmed to be this way as I can proudly debunk another person's lectures of how badly they hate other people with 'but this is good about people' and stuff but I personally, have such negative views about situations and people in my own life. It scares me times, I mean why I would even come to think a certain way about people for no real reason, or why would I start a thread about how I 'severely dislike' people.. I would view myself an INFP to 'let go' of the almost grudge like feelings and be a happier person hence. But I don't do that. and the profiles always say that I'm inclined to let go so easily and view life in bewilderment or whatnot.
    '

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I definitely know a few IFP's who have said similair things to me. I think @AffirmitiveAnxiety explained very well why this can happen.

I used to go out with an ISFP girls who was exactly like this. In the end I lost all patience for her. From what I know, she is still in the same situation 7 years later.

From my point of view, she will never be happy until she stops taking her values as a given and then thinking "why doesn't reality match this", and instead, take reality as her starting point, and find a niche where she can satisfy her Fi within that.
    Yeah I guess you're right. But wouldn't that considerably be more of an enfp Ne-Fi viewpoint? Wouldn't I have to change how I view things which is nearly impossible apparently for any type?

This is partly why I asked, why the INFP profile doesn't match up with this internal conflict....

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP

Probably your own issue because I've studied type theory for almost a decade and have never come to the conclusion that INFPs dislike people more than other types.