User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    How so? Is this an enneagram issue?

The weir string is I think I'm a 4w5 or a 1w2 or something rather than a 4w5 like I used to think...

I don't know how seriously I intended to be taken by posting that. AffirmitiveAnxiety did a pretty good job of summing up my thoughts.

People are all swell, each in their own dandy little way. It takes a lot in a person to fully realize that, I believe.

MBTI
    xxTP

I'm not really sure. It's like there's all this negative potential in all these relationships that I could have with people. It's almost as if I can tell exactly where something is going once I start commuting with other people.

People, I feel, are obvious. And there are some people who have emotionally scarred me in the past, who I wouldn't view as 'beautiful' contradicting that INFP thing to view 'everyone as beautiful'.

Overall, it's just this quaint feeling that things aren't going to go right with the majority of people that I encounter in life.
    I definitely know a few IFP's who have said similair things to me. I think @AffirmitiveAnxiety explained very well why this can happen.

I used to go out with an ISFP girls who was exactly like this. In the end I lost all patience for her. From what I know, she is still in the same situation 7 years later.

From my point of view, she will never be happy until she stops taking her values as a given and then thinking "why doesn't reality match this", and instead, take reality as her starting point, and find a niche where she can satisfy her Fi within that.

I'm not sure really. But is there a reason for me to have such strong and intense feelings of dislike against most people.
    The thing is, I think infps are known to be acceptant of almost anyone. The more I think about it, the less I feel my past lives up to this notion.

I always have felt as if I had nihilistic attitudes toward people. especially people I've deemed superficial on some level... And that happens often... anyone else feel the same?

If INFPs are supposed to accept everyone, then that's a description of INFPs that I don't agree with. In fact, I do agree with what you're saying. I think you're just being an INFP. I also think these responses on this thread are really good. So, yes, what you have described does happen often to me, and I do often feel the same as you. I might add that probably what I get most weary of is people misinterpreting. Just last night I got into a totally insane, bewildering, and very bitter argument with someone on a message board. He was actually accusing me of being insensitive about the Connecticut shootings. In fact, he is enraged at my attitude and thinks I'm making jokes about it. In reality, of course, just the opposite is occurring. I am so horrified by the event that I barely even know what to say about it at this point. I can't even begin to try to absorb the horror of this tragedy at this point in time. Yet, there's a guy out there totally convinced that I don't give a damn at all about it. I've had encounters with him before, have no idea what his type is, etc. It's obvious, however, that we're unlikely to ever become best friends.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm not really sure. It's like there's all this negative potential in all these relationships that I could have with people. It's almost as if I can tell exactly where something is going once I start commuting with other people.

People, I feel, are obvious. And there are some people who have emotionally scarred me in the past, who I wouldn't view as 'beautiful' contradicting that INFP thing to view 'everyone as beautiful'.

Overall, it's just this quaint feeling that things aren't going to go right with the majority of people that I encounter in life.
    The "way something is going" is very much a two way street. What is it that you think you do that causes this negative potential to be realized? I would imagine that it's possible other people pick up on your dislike for them.

Also, on the emotional scarring - I'm not sure what happened there but depending on what it was, that could have a lot to do with this. Trust is probably the #1 thing in relationships.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

You accept others, so you feel they -should- accept you as well. When they don't you become upset. This is quite common and understandable and often people who have been through hardship in their life are able to sympathize with others while those who have not been through similar things cannot relate. A more adapted strategy for yourself would perhaps be to try to give the person something that THEY want in a way that still allows you to preserve your integrity and peace of mind.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Because most people are freaking retards who can't escape the matrix that is their pathetic and pointless lives.

Don't worry, I'm one of those people too, and we pretty much all are, at least at our current level of evolution and phase of development.

I will one day achieve the American dream, which is to free all of us slaves, even if it takes eons for its accomplishment!

This thread has so much in it which makes me laugh.

MBTI
    INFP

You may see more differences than similarities between yourself and others because you suffer from low self esteem and want to reject people in your mind (or otherwise) before they can reject you. Also you mention that things won't turn out right with most of the people in your life. You have more power to create the relationships you desire in your life than you seem to realise. Why aren't things working out? Is it this negative attitude that may perhaps be turning others off? Who wants to have to prove themselves worthy?

NPcomplete

I'd say it's likely that those people don't satisfy the standards you have set internally. Being accepting doesn't always imply liking. You can accept people and feel neutral towards them.

But really, a huge chunk of humanity isn't "likable" at all so ..
    Last edited by NPcomplete; 12-16-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: because i can

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Most people mindlessly conform, judge anyone different from themselves, and are incapable of critical thought or leaving their comfort zone. It's almost certainly perfectly normal; don't worry.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug