Never lose it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I think it's more an INFJ or ENFJ thing than just an NF thing, by the way. I mean, not in every case but overall. My experiences with xNFPs IRL suggest that in general they may take offense more easily but are also more inclined to forgive sooner or later. I don't take offense easily, but when it really happens, it's really serious and quite possibly irreversible.

But I'm not sure - that may have been the xNFPs I've known, the ones here would have to comment for themselves, of course!
    I'd agree, I forgive people very quickly. It doesn't take long for me to see that
    1) No one is perfect/people often have mean sides to them
    2) They also have a good side
    So even if I get mad at them, I can't help think that they're human and I'm also human
    1) I can't judge them for being flawed
    2) I can understand where they're coming from

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Guy V. Malaxia View Post
    I'm not sure this response is in the spirit of the original post, but I can no longer watch horror/gore movies because it numbs me to pain, suffering, etc. for hours, sometimes days.

I really appreciate my sensitivity to things like that, and now that I'm older and a bit wiser I do my best to not participate in anything that may jeopardize my empathy.
    Maybe horror movies take advantage of your empathy by making you empathize with the killer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

When all people do is victimize themselves it drives me insane. They are already feeling bad for themselves so I feel absolutely no need whatsoever to feel bad for them. But I still pretend like I do sometimes in a very passive-aggressive way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Undeserved emotion. Like when you're watching a reality show and there's a contestant and they have some tragic history that's supposed to make us care for them regardless of actual talent. Everyone has things they go through in life and to exploit that for personal gain is just boring and trite.

TV shows are just as bad with this. Take the later seasons of Glee (2 and 3 before I gave up watching): They would introduce an idea and then preach instead of letting people decide on their own. I get wanting people to think a certain way, but there's ways of doing it where you should just feel it and not be told how to feel. It's just bad storytelling and it leaves me cold.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded with the world, but I just really don't appreciate ideas that don't have any thought behind them.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Very little. And when it does happen, it is usually temporary and an indication i was unable to distance myself emotionally in time. Which is something i try to rectify immediately.

One thing though: just because i empathise with you, does NOT mean I will ever TRUST you (again).

To regain that takes significant bridge building from both sides. And even then.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    612 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Qoi View Post
    Undeserved emotion. Like when you're watching a reality show and there's a contestant and they have some tragic history that's supposed to make us care for them regardless of actual talent. Everyone has things they go through in life and to exploit that for personal gain is just boring and trite.
    Same. Guilt-tripping just makes me cynical and apathetic.
    EII
    supine

R|L|oAI
    neutral good
    intrapersonal intelligence

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by RoadPaveMent View Post
    Same. Guilt-tripping just makes me cynical and apathetic.
    Yar. I'm actually okay with it if I can understand where they're coming from and they clearly need support to carry on, but when it's just used as business it can annoy me to no end.