User Tag List

1231151 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Default INFPs, what do INFJs do that drives you nuts?

Just wondering. I know what INFPs do that drives me nuts but I don't know what I do that drives them nuts. If I knew I might try to work on it. Don't get me wrong. I get along quite well with my INFP friends, but it'd be nice to know what traits might be helpful to tone down or tune up in their presences. Any input?

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

There's this thread, which has some opinions in it.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

I have an INFJ friend I get along with very well. I have another INFJ friend I am around much more. I feel we are always on different wavelengths. She seems to think she really understands me and is often sincere about it. However, I find that many times I can actually communicate with people in foreign countries (who don't have English as a native language) better than I can communicate with her. For a while, I did travel a lot, so this isn't just an irrelevant example.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

*waits patiently for @Saturned*

Edit: @Saturned nevermind I didn't know what happened in the previous thread D: I meant to be teasing and then I realized that it couldn't be funny after that.

Dammit. Why did I do this with two forum friends in one day?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It's possible they're not responding because of what happened last time (for more on 'what happened last time', see thread linked above).

[Fwiw: I, for one, promise not to come back and tell a bunch of people about how they're wrong to have the opinions they have if they're willing to give the op what s/he is asking for.]
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I'm not sure I have any infjs in my life that I've been close to, so I haven't had enough interaction with them to be driven crazy. the ones I've known I have felt were a little judgmental and over-serious though. I knew this infj-intp couple who were only 23 but bickered and berated each other like a bitter old married couple. me & my enfp friend would hang out with them and would always comment on how motherly acting she was compared to us (very, which may say more about us than her.)

I've now read over much of that other thread. This forum is so helpful.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    I have an INFJ friend I get along with very well. I have another INFJ friend I am around much more. I feel we are always on different wavelengths. She seems to think she really understands me and is often sincere about it. However, I find that many times I can actually communicate with people in foreign countries (who don't have English as a native language) better than I can communicate with her. For a while, I did travel a lot, so this isn't just an irrelevant example.
    INFPs and INFJs are in quasi-identical relations going by this chart which follow exactly as you say. Both people seem similar but have a lot of trouble explaining themselves to each other. It also shows that communication between INFJs and ENFPs (IEI and IEE) should be easier than between INFJs and INFPs (IEI and EII).

I find them to be pathetic creatures which is a lot coming from me who is pretty damn pathetic. Their Fe lecturing is a pain in the ass and displays of affection seem to not be genuine. They won't say what they mean and make sure I can't either. Other than that they're too black and white and paranoid. But I'm allowed to internally mock them so it can be entertaining on occasion.

Enneagram
    9w8

Z,

Thanks for the thread. So often threads exist about a topic and I don't know they're there. I appreciate this link.

Sorenx,

That is exactly how I feel about an INFP friend I have.

Chana,

Thanks. I've actually never been told that I was judgmental, but when I was very young I realized I had the tendency to be that way, a tendency which my ISFJ mother took care of quite effeciently in her own humorous way.

Sulfate,

Thank you so much for the link. That was the biggest help imaginable.

Standuble,

I am sorry that you've had such bad experiences with INFJs. I have to say though that the display of affection thing through me for a loop as I'm an INFJ and rarely display affection. Could you be more explicit about what you mean?