User Tag List

First 2666747576777886 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

*nod nod nod* There's the breakdown. We can't reverse engineer. Too hard.

Talking to myself inside a thread on a public forum...

I totally want to start an ENTP remorse thread. I wonder if it will be short?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    *nod nod nod* There's the breakdown. We can't reverse engineer. Too hard.
    Agreed! And with that, the thread ended!

Seriously, it's become way more clear to me in this thread that you can't, not that you won't. It's like asking me not to feel something about everything. I just do. You just do too, but it's that Ni thang.

It's why I will keep working on my 4 (or maybe it will be 5) part series above. I am determined to establish some way of moving forward! I realize you can't offer over totally raw ingredients, but I suspect we can get closer than we do.

Now I feel comfortable to answer this:

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    But in esse, ‘raw batter’ sounds very much like “Me. Me me me.”
    It is. I want each individual story, so I offer my own. It's the only one I have authority of. It's the only one I can relate without presuming to conclude anything about anybody else. I'm like a distillery, but all the ingredients have to be added first. And I'll let those ingredients mix and intermingle for a long time. I'l add a lot of them along the way.

When you say, "Me me me" it sounds very selfish. It's hard to dissociate and not think you think I'm being selfish by extension.

It's why I tolerate Mane and his patently clear motivation / agenda from the get-go. It's why even though my feelings get hurt I stick around. It's why I let OA's voice ring through true she way she needs it to.

And that's why, all through this thread, I have maintained that OA was still offering up raw batter, something less than a finished product. That said, I'm not going to deny she seems to be close to making a conclusion. That cake's probably headed for the oven as we speak, and maybe she's even making icing right now (I hope it's cream cheese icing, that's my favorite.) But if it was already cake, she wouldn't be looking for more ingredients, your raw data.

And I say that with all due respect to @Starry, with her feeling like more is going on. Like I said before, from my vantage point, OA wouldn't be in a thread like this just to make INFJ's eat cake. Heck, maybe she was taking some of the emotional toll out on the thread as a whole, venting with some unconscious intent to lay wider blame. But, I can't even imagine what she would gain from that. It's too frustrating.

Does that help at all?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

@Starry *chuckle*
    Magic 8 ball says "It is decidedly so."

@PeaceBaby
    If it's helpful to you, it's helpful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Very short.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Talking to myself inside a thread on a public forum...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Very short.
    Not that short ...

ENTP1: OK, you can show your remorse, now.
    ENTP2: No, U.
    ENTP1: I said so first. I guess you're incapable of showing remorse.
    ENTP2: Yeah, way to distract from the fact that you can't show remorse.
    ENTP1: <evasion and accusation>
    ENTP2: <evasion and accusation>
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

To be fair, the INTJ version would be short:

INTJ1: Do you ever show remorse?
    INTJ2: No, not really. You?
    INTJ1: Nope.
    INTJ2: Cool.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

True ENTP Crazy Wife convos I have had:

"My wife yells at me. She's crazy. She's on medication and seeing a counselor."
    "Oh! You poor man! I'm so sorry to hear this! What does she yell at you about?"
    "I dunno, like, she says I'm never home for dinner."
    "You do have dinner most nights with Miss Blahblah from work. So why don't you go home to your wife and kids?"
    "Because I hate getting yelled at."

"God, things are bad in my marriage right now."
    "Oh, no, I was hoping the counselor had helped. What's making it worse?"
    "I dunno, I mean ... she wanted to talk, so we talked, and, y'know, I really opened up, I mean, I ended up telling her about the five affairs I've had, and it's like ... there's no understanding there, I mean ... all she does is yell. I don't know how much longer I can take this abuse."

"Wife threw me out."
    "Oh gosh."
    "Yeah, she said why don't I go live with my coworker Miss BlahBlah since I spend so much time with her."
    "Oh gosh. So now what are you going to do?"
    "I'm moving in with Miss BlahBlah."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    @Starry *chuckle*
    Magic 8 ball says "It is decidedly so."

Very short.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Not that short ...

ENTP1: OK, you can show your remorse, now.
    ENTP2: No, U.
    ENTP1: I said so first. I guess you're incapable of showing remorse.
    ENTP2: Yeah, way to distract from the fact that you can't show remorse.

There's a part of me that would feel *slightly unsure* about revealing how long I was actually cracking-up over these.

I stepped away from my computer and returned to a gold-mine of comedy. And I really needed it in this instance. Haha Thanks so much!!!

Society

Arrow

interesting focus...

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    If the net result is understanding, but understanding was reached via a process that leaves casualities left and right, then what you might end up with is Understanding, With No Desire to Interact Further. There has to be a better way of going about it. (and now this post is becoming more general)
    the only unintended casualty cases which i found to be curious where @fia and @SilkRoad - in both cases i found the response interesting precisely because they outlined the negative expectation much earlier then i could expect:
    inform them that they have conducted themselves in a way which has wronged me one way or another, and the result is a raging and prideful statement of how kind and harmless they are and how you are delusional to believe you've being hurt, and thought i should be remorseful for the act of informing them otherwise.

i am happy that i didn't allow it to steer me and i kept the benefit of my doubt, but the perfection in which it fitted the mold was uncanny.

the interesting thing for me is that it puts my wife in a much more positive light - is that in something that small as taking responsibility for a verbal offense or causing frustration in her conduct in a discussion, especially with a complete stranger, my ex's ego would be able to handle easily, at least back in her better days. relatively to that, acknowledging the reality that the consequences of momentary rage and some errors in judgement is being destructive for your child and is continuously destructive to a man you once loved and wanted to do good by, is freaking huge. in that context, she's failing to run the marathon, they failed to walk a block.

See, that's what I think Mane is ok with - he uses you to get what he needs, so he pushes it to the extreme. As far as he dare - and he realizes he's burning bridges.
    like i said, no bridges where built where the fire would spread, and honestly there was a lot more revealing information in the reactionary behavior and conclusions they came too then in the confessions.

my current filtering problem - which i don't expect help with but might as well share for the benefit of a warning - after understanding the deeper dynamic, it's clear that the "SWAT team" doesn't represent most INFJs:

imagine if you will a group of ENTPs just tell each other how awesome all of their Ne ideas are, how they should just trust that all their ideas are practical and screw the consequences, and how fun it is to manipulate people and screw the needs and desires of their Fe from ever standing in the way, and how anyone who expects otherwise just doesn't get them. i am not saying its impossible, i've being told that in the past it's being the case, and i am happy i wasn't here to see it, since it's clear that those ENTPs wouldn't be putting each other in a very healthy position, that would be using the MBTI for affirmation to tell themselves that they don't need to grow rather then the potential MBTI has for growth, reducing each other to limited double function people.

this is the apparent dynamic of the INFJ SWAT team, one where they have being under the influence of each other in doing so for what is quite possibly years. most INFJs you'd meet - online or in real life - aren't going to have that influence, in fact they are the least likely of any type to have such an influence. as a result, the information they give and - more importantly - demonstrate, has to be filtered appropriately.