User Tag List

First 1555636465666775 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    No!!! I was trying to detract from your scars from the bloodletting with your new pretty hairdo!!!
    (Gives up on being Tilty's one man medical and beauty team.)
    Don't worry, that diamond ring will make up for the hair and blood loss ... I think!

-----

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Now I'm just confused. I don't think my interaction style has changed at all, PB from what it was in the beginning. I don't understand the last several posts. And I feel weird at all the hugs. Things are not tense right now, so I'm not sure why all of the hugging.
    lol I thought you might come back with that. Not about the hugging, but about not doing anything different. I'm not sure I can explain it well ... it's about intangibles. eta: maybe they are Fi intangibles? Would you like me to try to define?

At any rate, no worries.

As for the hugs, Standuble's irate post necessitated an Fi teddy bear response, which inspired me to think that Tilty probably would be made more happy by a diamond ring than a teddy bear ... eh, it just turned me more to silly mode.

I don't get silly as often as my ENFP cousins, but it still happens.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Who are you?
    She is a new member who recently discovered MBTI. It was unfortunate that she stepped into this thread so soon after her arrival because she got really insulted by the thread and how OA was treated.

EDIT: I stand corrected. The member was a He.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    She is a new member who recently discovered MBTI. It was unfortunate that she stepped into this thread so soon after her arrival because she got really insulted by the thread and how OA was treated.
    better to leave before it's too late.
    (signed woman trap in a typec cage)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

I dated an ENTP for a few years. One of the most annoying things about our relationship was whenever I wanted to have a deep/serious discussion, he would try to lighten the mood by making jokes. I took it as him not taking me or the discussion seriously, and it just pissed me off even further if I was already annoyed.

I sort of think the same thing happens with NFPs. Things are serious for so long, and we can bring it because of Fi, but at a certain point there is this irresistable urge to try and break the tension by being playful. And this can be an affront to the other person if they aren't in the same place.

So I wonder if this is what is going on here with all of the sudden hug emoticons and playfulness looking strange/disconnected from the bigger picture.

/conjecturing

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I dated an ENTP for a few years. One of the most annoying things about our relationship was whenever I wanted to have a deep/serious discussion, he would try to lighten the mood by making jokes. I took it as him not taking me or the discussion seriously, and it just pissed me off even further if I was already annoyed.

I sort of think the same thing happens with NFPs. Things are serious for so long, and we can bring it because of Fi, but at a certain point there is this irresistable urge to try and break the tension by being playful. And this can be an affront to the other person if they aren't in the same place.

So I wonder if this is what is going on here with all of the sudden hug emoticons and playfulness looking strange/disconnected from the bigger picture.

/conjecturing
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

/conjecturing
    I think the actual issue is that the bigger picture has essentially collapsed in on itself in this thread, the continuity in this thread IMO is equivalent to a universe where its principles all become invalidated and could annihilate itself at any point. Only someone who has sat and read every post will still have a grasp on where this thread is going and where it has been (plus an informed judgment on whether they are one and the same) but then there's no guarantee.

The hug emoticons and playfulness only appear like anomalies when viewed in the context of a isolated segment of the thread e.g. a page or two. If you viewed it across 65 pages you will see that the bigger picture is a whole different ball game and it might be one played by untrained Chimps. Nothing is non-sequitur or inappropiate on this thread. Not even this ramble of mine which is entirely irrelevant and doesn't really answer your question nor refute your story about NPs. Though I can finish by saying that at a time it was I being serious and an INFJ responded with "light-hearted humor" which was suspiciously similar if not completely identical to my classification of a "childish tantrum." It's not just NFPs doing it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

And this can be an affront to the other person if they aren't in the same place.
    Who's affronted? Now I'm confused ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Who's affronted? Now I'm confused ...
    I didn't say that anyone specifically was affronted. Hence the words "this can be".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

nf idyllic is srs bsns

do not alleviate the tension

no more emoticons

we wanna see blood

gya ha ha
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Glycerine

You would....