User Tag List

First 444525354555664 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

@Standuble, yes, leaving the forum is another viable option. Maybe I should have used the Biosphere Center as an example instead of a spaceship? Nah. That one doesn't quite fit either.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Me, too. I regularly leave and then come back, leave and then come back.
    LOOK, WE AGREED ON SOMETHING!
    Your last string of responses seem to be extremely immature. Are you acting childish intentionally or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    @Standuble, yes, leaving the forum is another viable option. Maybe I should have used the Biosphere Center as an example instead of a spaceship? Nah. That one doesn't quite fit either.
    You should have just used the universe as an example. Works when I try it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    You should have just used the universe as an example. Works when I try it.
    But...but...but...you can't just leave the universe voluntarily, can you?

ETA: Wait! I've got it! TypoC is The Matrix and real life is the illusion. In order to leave TypoC you must choose between the red pill and the blue pill.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Your last string of responses seem to be extremely immature. Are you acting childish intentionally or what?

Being serious is worthwhile but sometimes it doesn't serve the purpose. It doesn't seem to be doing much here, in my estimation.
    Sometimes a little light-heartedness (call it immaturity) is a good thing. Surely you don't want me to take your last remarks directed at me seriously? We hardly know each other.

I had a friend who had a sign over her bed that read "If you can't be good in bed, at least be funny."

fwiw

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    that seem's really, deeply... wrong.

it seems to me that - regardless if your specific line of metaphysics even includes an objective world - the understanding of any interaction with anyone should be aspiring it out to a leveled playing field, the larger world in which both skulls and their content exist, and judge yourself and your actions within that larger platform for understanding, and its on that platform where you are able to wrong others, because it's there where your consequences towards others exist, within a world that includes both your own and their perspective.
    You misunderstand me. Let's say that person A has determined that person B has done something wrong.

So A's thought consists of three pieces:
    1. B is doing X.
    2. X is wrong.
    3. B is doing something wrong.

It is wholly possible for statement 1 or 2 or 3 to be true or false in any combination. The particular case I'm thinking about is #3, that it is correct that B is doing something wrong, and B probably needs to apologize for it, but A's analysis (in 1 and 2) is entirely false. Perhaps A is missing information, say as in a silly example, that B is preparing chicken parmesan, not spaghetti, and 1 and 2 are explaining how the spaghetti is being prepared wrong by B. It's entirely possible for A to be correct in the context of spaghetti, but not chicken parmesan. It's also entirely possible for B to be wrong in the context of chicken parmesan (didn't cook the chicken enough, oops!), and that's going to be what B has to apologize for when you get salmonella poisoning, not for making the spaghetti wrong (it tasted quite good, actually).

Translating into the world of moral values: the moral quandary with which B needs to wrestle is not necessarily the moral quandary that others are saying that B needs to deal with.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It isn't, necessarily.
    But it might be.
    And the likelihood that it is is increased by the number of people who observe it and say so. I say the likelihood. It's possible all the observers could be wrong, but if a number of independent observers voice their opinions independently, which has happened, then that's a lot of wrong people all at once.
    I'm just sayin'.

Sometimes a little light-heartedness (call it immaturity) is a good thing.
    Okay. Can you tell me which one is the INFJ and which is the INFP?

:p
    The future is for the unafraid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Duh. The blonde is INFP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

It isn't, necessarily.
    But it might be.
    And the likelihood that it is is increased by the number of people who observe it and say so. I say the likelihood. It's possible all the observers could be wrong, but if a number of independent observers voice their opinions independently, which has happened, then that's a lot of wrong people all at once.
    I'm just sayin'.
    I'm used to seeing lots of wrong people at once.

The thing is, they're all mostly right in the main, but critically wrong in the margins, and it's in the margins that the war is being waged.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.