To that entire argument I say "HORSE SHIT."
Any argument that states:
"ALL people OF (any given) TYPE" are "(INSERT STEREOTYPE)" = A petty, biased argument at best, and often BASELESS.
Such arguments are usually based on (a) ignorance, and (b) emotionally charged past experiences (aka events that casued PAIN and FEAR in their lives of the "HATER").
As for those who rally at the hater's side, there are no better justifications for such behavior; at best they were slighted in some way by someone in their past and have found a cheap way to get pent up resentment out of their systems, however they might even be so petty as to be exhibiting "pack behavior" or for lack of a better term "bullying."
A few side notes on this theme amongst humans.
Hysteria is a phenomena that is contagious yet has no real physiological cause, the (overbearing, irrational) fear of one person causes similar extreme physiological responses (fainting, vomiting, etc.) in others proximal to them.
I argue that angry mobs are similarly motivated. Ask any poor soul who was publicly accused of withcraft over the last few centuries how they were treated. Usually burned at the stake, drowned in lakes, stoned to death - or some other horrid, painful death. NOW THEN - How many of the (deceased) accused ACTUALLY posed a THREAT to their communities? NONE. Because WITHCRAFT ISN'T REAL - and NEITHER ARE STEREOTYPES.
I hope everyone here is smart enough to realize that HATRED is not a FAMILY VALUE; neither is HATRED a good thing to PROPOGATE in ONLINE COMMUNITIES.
FOURTH & FINAL:
I offer two quips of wisdom that I learned from my Father that apply to situations like these:
(A) "Who is more foolish, the FOOL or THOSE WHO FOLLOW THEM?"
(B) "Never argue with an IDIOT; they will DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL and BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE."
(1) Mane's INFJ ex-wife is NOT representative of all INFJs in this world - PERIOD.
(2) To those who have similar feelings as Mane, I'll wager that few of them actually knew the MBTI-type of whatever individual was in their opinion "unable to express remorse."
(3) MBTI-type is no ironclad indicator of how any person will behave, what they think, what they feel - or what they believe.
(4) The concept that if every INFJ on this forum were to demonstrate to Mane that they could express remorse serving as a valid indicator that all INFJs in this world are capable of expressing remorse, is for lack of a better term "statistical hogwash."
(5) The concept of using the behaviors of ANY (extremely small) GROUP of people to serve as a PROXY for a MUCH LARGER GROUP of such said people is RIDICULOUS.
(6) I know Mane paid the price of much blood, sweat and tears going through the divorce with his ex-wife. I remember that she would not allow him to see his Step-Son after the divorce. Both of these evnts are sad. So far as divorces go, few are ever easy; most are laden with pain. All too often the children of the divorcing family are used as pawns to harm the other spouse. That is cruel, reckless, and selfish. The way interpersonal relationships work (even romantic ones) is pretty simple - "it takes two to tango." It is rare that one person can hold all the blame, or all the praise for making or breaking any relationship.
(7) Dealing with PAIN in life is NEVER EASY. However, it is IMPORTANT to learn that allowing past painful experiences to exist as EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE is simply bad for YOU and OTHER PEOPLE you will meet and work with over the course of your life. IMHO, it is best to learn from such things, and let them go. Move on, and become a better person from it all.
I didn't read any of this thread before your mentioning me and providing a summary.
I didn't need to, what I wrote above holds true for a majority of arguments similar to this one.
My Mother is an INFJ.
My high school sweetheart is an ENFJ.
My girlfriend in college is an INFJ.
Also, I know many INFJs on this forum.
I cannot say that any of the INFJs I know are unable to express remorse.
Finally, even if one or more of them did ever exhibit such behavior, I would not be so brash as to assign that incident as a hallmark negative behavior of all INFJs worldwide.
I hope my commentary was helpful.
Again, I have nothing against anyone in this thread, but I do not like stereotyping at all.