User Tag List

First 12341252 Last

Ene,

I can understand Standuble's attitude...
    Last edited by sorenx7; 12-08-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    INFPs and INFJs are in quasi-identical relations going by this chart which follow exactly as you say. Both people seem similar but have a lot of trouble explaining themselves to each other. It also shows that communication between INFJs and ENFPs (IEI and IEE) should be easier than between INFJs and INFPs (IEI and EII).
    Both having trouble explaining themselves to each other is so right. It's frustrating in an exhausting way--the INFJ/INFP communication problem. I'm wondering if the similar but different situation might be comparable to a Portuguese and Spaniard trying to talk to each other? The two languages are both very similar yet very different all at the same time. From what I understand of this, some communication is possible, but it can never be completely precise, of course. It would be my guess (from my limited knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese) that Spanish sounds like badly-damaged Portuguese to the Portuguese and Portuguese sounds like badly-damaged Spanish to the Spaniard. It's not a perfect analogy (there is no such thing,) but it is one way to approach the issue.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    Ene,

I can understand Standuble's attitude. One of the INFJ's I mentioned has started meddling in my life so much that I have no choice but to cut her off. She drives everyone away she comes in contact with because of her domineering attitude.

The other INFJ is a completely different story. He did something quite unique and very interesting. In the group setting we were in, he was hardly getting any recognition for his accomplishments. It reached the point that I told everyone it was outrageous that his accomplishments weren't being recognized. So, his attitude toward me is completely different. We will probably be friends for life. My "friendship" with the other INFJ is so problematic, however, that it would make me very cautious in dealing with INFJ's in the future. Sulfit's post explains the reason why very well.
    Wow...are you sure she's an INFJ?

See, I don't know anymore besides myself.
    It's just hard for me to imagine a true blue INFJ as being domineering. Maybe your INFJ is just an unbalanced person and it's more to do with mental/emotional stability and maturity than with personality type? Or maybe her Fe is out of balance or something, but it sounds like she isn't a quality specimen of the type. The guy sounds pretty cool, though

Thank you for your honest answer. This thread is giving me a lot of insight. Also, I know this is off topic, but do you know anymore INFPs or are you the only one of your type that you know?

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    Both having trouble explaining themselves to each other is so right. It's frustrating in an exhausting way--the INFJ/INFP communication problem. I'm wondering if the similar but different situation might be comparable to a Portuguese and Spaniard trying to talk to each other? The two languages are both very similar yet very different all at the same time. From what I understand of this, some communication is possible, but it can never be completely precise, of course. It would be my guess (from my limited knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese) that Spanish sounds like badly-damaged Portuguese to the Portuguese and Portuguese sounds like badly-damaged Spanish to the Spaniard. It's not a perfect analogy (there is no such thing,) but it is one way to approach the issue.
    I've just got to know. Do you think there's anyway to fix that? Maybe the Spainard could learn to speak Portuguese or vice versa. I mean he'd still be a Spainard and the Portuguese would still be Portuguese but they'd at least be able to communicate. I guess that's what I want to do. Learn to speak Portuguese. [Also an imperfect analogy, but the best I can do at the moment.]

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    *waits patiently for @Saturned*

Edit: @Saturned nevermind I didn't know what happened in the previous thread D: I meant to be teasing and then I realized that it couldn't be funny after that.

Dammit. Why did I do this with two forum friends in one day?
    It's fine my dear, you are not expected to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    It's possible they're not responding because of what happened last time (for more on 'what happened last time', see thread linked above).

[Fwiw: I, for one, promise not to come back and tell a bunch of people about how they're wrong to have the opinions they have if they're willing to give the op what s/he is asking for.]
    And this.... is exactly why I have avoided this thread.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Broadly, INFPs seem to find INFJs somewhat judgmental and over-serious (as someone said already) and that they hold others to higher standards than they hold themselves. All of which I admit I can see some truth in. (in some cases at least)

INFJs don't get much love around here any more though. It makes a change from the days when people were like "INFJs are psychic wonder-gurus whose love and caring is second to none." (that kind of thing is really annoying too)

I tend to think that INFJs and INFPs, or even xNFJs and xNFPs, tend to reach similar conclusions and to think along the same lines in many ways, but the process and communication trip each party up. The Portuguese and Spanish analogy was quite good. Languages which are similar but different, and thus even more frustrating in some ways.

I can't remember if it was on this forum or elsewhere but I read something about xNFJ and xNFP which I thought was nice. xNFJ might find xNFP flaky, inconsistent etc, and xNFP might find xNFJ too rigid, judgmental etc - but neither will think the other is "weird". And these are types who often get called weird by others. And I think there's a lot of truth to that, and there's something good in it.

EDIT: Sorry, I shouldn't really butt into a thread for INFPs But I do find this subject interesting.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Wow...are you sure she's an INFJ?

See, I don't know anymore besides myself.
    It's just hard for me to imagine a true blue INFJ as being domineering. Maybe your INFJ is just an unbalanced person and it's more to do with mental/emotional stability and maturity than with personality type? Or maybe her Fe is out of balance or something, but it sounds like she isn't a quality specimen of the type. The guy sounds pretty cool, though

Thank you for your honest answer. This thread is giving me a lot of insight. Also, I know this is off topic, but do you know anymore INFPs or are you the only one of your type that you know?

She has done extensive testing and is sure she is an INFJ.

I don't know any other INFP's besides myself. (I suppose it's possible my father is an INFP, but I haven't even talked to him since my late teens, so that's something I wouldn't know what to say about for sure.)

Yes, the male INFJ is cool. His life story is one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen.
    Last edited by sorenx7; 12-09-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I've just got to know. Do you think there's anyway to fix that? Maybe the Spainard could learn to speak Portuguese or vice versa. I mean he'd still be a Spainard and the Portuguese would still be Portuguese but they'd at least be able to communicate. I guess that's what I want to do. Learn to speak Portuguese. [Also an imperfect analogy, but the best I can do at the moment.]

If the two wanted to really communicate, the most logical thing to do would be for the Portuguese (or Brazilian) to learn Spanish. Spanish has easier phonetics. I personally prefer Portuguese, but that isn't the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Broadly, INFPs seem to find INFJs somewhat judgmental and over-serious (as someone said already) and that they hold others to higher standards than they hold themselves. All of which I admit I can see some truth in. (in some cases at least)

INFJs don't get much love around here any more though. It makes a change from the days when people were like "INFJs are psychic wonder-gurus whose love and caring is second to none." (that kind of thing is really annoying too)

I tend to think that INFJs and INFPs, or even xNFJs and xNFPs, tend to reach similar conclusions and to think along the same lines in many ways, but the process and communication trip each party up. The Portuguese and Spanish analogy was quite good. Languages which are similar but different, and thus even more frustrating in some ways.

I can't remember if it was on this forum or elsewhere but I read something about xNFJ and xNFP which I thought was nice. xNFJ might find xNFP flaky, inconsistent etc, and xNFP might find xNFJ too rigid, judgmental etc - but neither will think the other is "weird". And these are types who often get called weird by others. And I think there's a lot of truth to that, and there's something good in it.

EDIT: Sorry, I shouldn't really butt into a thread for INFPs But I do find this subject interesting.
    Everything you have said here makes complete sense to me.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Don't worry @SilkRoad . I think it's only fair that both sides share.

I don't really have much to offer, and haven't really had much experience with this supposed cold war between INFPs and INFJs (especially IRL). Sadly, I haven't gotten close enough to an INFJ or perhaps I find them hard to type IRL - I can't say I've met too many. The ones I have met I've never really had any real problems with.

On the forum I do get a bit annoyed more generally with the Ni-dom issue of claiming they know some sort of objective truth about something I think is a matter of opinion - however INFJs tend to show more tact in this than the INTJs. But then, frankly I'm a bit of a know-it-all myself (albeit in a different way) so I should probably shut up
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte