• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni not psychic? O rly?

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read this somewhere:

Ni -- Introverted Intuition (not Nickel, which I know is what you thought). Allows you to see ideas from different perspectives, as well as have unusual insights or hunches that are often useful. And for the last time, it does NOT make you psychic (normally).

Why should Ni make you think you are psychic, and why isn't it? :shrug:

I realise this is a very open-ended question, but I often feel psychic, and sometimes I wonder if my chakras look big in something. It would be something of a loss to think that there is no Magick in the world!

Last edited:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think David Keirsey actually associates psychic with the NF Idealist way of thinking.

Ni I believe to be more of a mode of perception than anything supernatural, a special kind of open-mindedness to extra-dimensional perspectives and contingent transformations.

I would actually associate the INFJ personality type with psychic more than any other type, though I am sure other types are capable of achieving similar feats, even if it takes more effort for them to unlock the magic within.

Personally, I believe in the inestimable power of the mind more than anything else, as pure thought always in my opinion triumps over the deep feelings felt within the psychic realm, the oracles thereby being in my eyes far inferior to the cosmologists, the former just thinking they know things, while the latter explores the full spectrum of the creation to bring forth its hidden treasures.

Anyways, to some up what I was saying, I would rather be an omnipotent wizard than an empathic sage.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
For whatever it's worth, my mom was an ENFJ and thought she was psychic.

No . . . really. I'm not joking on this one.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm kind of a good guesser sometimes, but that's not the same as being psychic. Or at least I don't think so.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
It wasn't that big of a deal, really. I mean, I only had to pay for two palm readings over the course of my life. That's a pretty good deal if you think about it. The lady on the next street down charges me 20 bucks a pop, and she is seriously inconsistant.

W

WALMART

It has to do with massive parallelistic undertakings of the mind.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni doesn't make me psychic, but it can make me invisible which allows me to spy on people and pretend to be psychic, so that's pretty close.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love watching this guy: :shrug:

You had to pay for two?

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would have thought you'd only need 2 per life, anyway.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Hey, she was good, but she wasn't that good.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
She got a bit further along the lines each time?

metalmommy

so ready
If you're psychic, what colour shirt am I wearing?:dry:

You're not wearing a shirt. Nice try.

I've had some intuitions that I can't explain...a couple very striking instances...but I wouldn't go so far as to say psychic. Perhaps just really good at intuition, not so good at explanation.

Bardsandwarriors

Xena's boyfriend
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're not wearing a shirt. Nice try.

It's a trap!

I've had some intuitions that I can't explain...a couple very striking instances...but I wouldn't go so far as to say psychic. Perhaps just really good at intuition, not so good at explanation.

Maybe it's an Ne-Ni-Fi loop. You sense some vague things. Your mind puts it together [massively parallelly] with stories and memes. It feels weird, which supports the stories and the N functional choice. If I only had Reality, like Tarzan, how would I think? What would Tarzan think? What would Tarzan do?

Standuble

One of my fantasies when I was younger would be me attend a "psychic" reading where the (hot) psychic basically tells me quite straightfowardly that I'm about to have a fantastic time with a lady (or insert prediction here.) Meanwhile I'm in my own little world considering how this could be interpreted and where/when it would happen only for the psychic to pounce from across the table and start making out with me. An erotic fantasy and a mental reminder to try and take notice of what's happening right in front of me in the real world. However it is slightly misogynistic in my opinion but I'm a man.

Ni has fascinated me and has generated many positive and negative opinions about it. Ni-doms do seem to live tough lives which lowers the appeal but it would be something I would like to take for a spin.