Are we doomed to loathe each other?

I don't feel Fi/Ne and Ti/Se play nice.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I see the ISTP stereotype as being a little shallow, but fully appreciate the deep mental capacity that runs underneath the impulsive, adrenaline junkie exterior.

If there wasn't a consistency issue, I'd totally date an ISTP. Y'all are hot

Going back to my appreciation for your mental capacities, if life were a video game and I was pitted against each MBTI type as a final boss, you guys would be in the Top 4 somewhere. And it got split into a game with teams like kickball, you'd be one of my top choices. You're competent, get shit done, act independently yet can fit your own actions into the larger strategy, plus you're ruthless when it comes to winning. Not like us feelers at all. I see you guys like bouncers of the kickball team, playing nice until someone tries to steal home, then you shove the kickball through their faces and down their throats.

If I was playing against you guys on a team, knocking you out of the game through injury would be high on my list of priorities.

Does any of this answer your question?
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I don't think we would have particular problems.

My dad's an ISTP and he and I connect over our silly sense of humour. We also are kinda laid-back, hands off types - you know, live and let live - which means our interactions are very relaxed with neither wishing to force an issue. I also like his calmness and how it defuses tension.

I'm not sure about how it would work in a romantic relationship but I think mutual respect can go a long way. I do acknowledge Ti and Fi can really clash at times but if both types are healthy, it can be overcome.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    I see the ISTP stereotype as being a little shallow, but fully appreciate the deep mental capacity that runs underneath the impulsive, adrenaline junkie exterior.

If there wasn't a consistency issue, I'd totally date an ISTP. Y'all are hot

Going back to my appreciation for your mental capacities, if life were a video game and I was pitted against each MBTI type as a final boss, you guys would be in the Top 4 somewhere. And it got split into a game with teams like kickball, you'd be one of my top choices. You're competent, get shit done, act independently yet can fit your own actions into the larger strategy, plus you're ruthless when it comes to winning. Not like us feelers at all. I see you guys like bouncers of the kickball team, playing nice until someone tries to steal home, then you shove the kickball through their faces and down their throats.

If I was playing against you guys on a team, knocking you out of the game through injury would be high on my list of priorities.

Does any of this answer your question?

Consistency issue? :P

So, coupled with this post and the one below, it is not an inherent disaster waiting to happen. My only substantiated claims have been between myself and my sister, and myself and her friend. They are both INFP's... I think the brother-sister dynamic is more at play than istp-infp.

It is good to know INFP's can hold such opinions of us, though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    I don't think we would have particular problems.

My dad's an ISTP and he and I connect over our silly sense of humour. We also are kinda laid-back, hands off types - you know, live and let live - which means our interactions are very relaxed with neither wishing to force an issue. I also like his calmness and how it defuses tension.

I'm not sure about how it would work in a romantic relationship but I think mutual respect can go a long way. I do acknowledge Ti and Fi can really clash at times but if both types are healthy, it can be overcome.

I am re-evaluating my post. It was kind of made in a moment of quick contemplation, I think, but this is helping work out the kinks.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

*puts on INFP-hat* Never really had that issue..

Granted, there has to be a mutual sense of curiosity and respect as we are *so* different, as the function order demonstrates. But there is a certain fascination and mystique that comes with that, as well as an utter respect for each others strengths, normally. Communication...can be hard, yes. But as long as both parties give each other the benefit of the doubt, it can be minimised.

For that matter, I fight with NTPs a lot more as they tend to *think* they get what I mean and berate me for expressing myself so poorly (and i have the same problem with them when it comes to Fi shit), which makes me wanna pummel them for being such blind morons at times. It's the shared Ne..it doesnt help that that thing jumps over the important shit and fills it in with its own garbage

The fact that STPs feel *so* alien to me means that I'm more likely to watch my step when using Ne and not assume I know what the STP means. And usually..if they give me the light of day, it means they are somewhat willing, for the time being, to do the same, as my 'weirdness' tends to either repulse them or attract them. And STPs, ime, tend to be very much like:'Ok, *this* I don't know shit about. Teach me, coz I need to know.' A very humble streak on an otherwise very cocky breed

The ones that aren't up for that automatically steer clear from me and vice versa, as we do share a lot of other things...like valuing personal space and freedom, as well as free choice to do what one wants. The only time that tends to go wrong is when the NFP perceives the STP to be harming others with their free choice and the STP goes: 'yeah...and?'
    Similarly, an unwilling and resentful STP having to clean up your shit coz of whatever insecurity you are experiencing is going to be...well not pleasant in the backlash-department.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post

infp's can have relationships with every type. Its because they talk so little about themselves that the universe knows virtually nothing about them (tho I have to say in defense of dom Fi users that the moment they finally start to spit out wall of texts about themselves, I usually answers tl;dr)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ

You personally seem to be one of the easiest to get along with istp's for this infp. It might be because you have experience with infps previously though, while it seems many istps don't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i've been dating one for over a year. we're not perfect but we generally get along well and understand each other. his mom kinda gives me an ENFP vibe so maybe that has something to do with it.

one possibly type-related problem we have is that when i want to complain or vent about something, he doesn't get that i just want somebody to listen and tries to offer practical advice on how to fix the problem which is the last thing i want sometimes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post

Kinda. According to this intertype relations chart these two types are in superego relations which are uncomfortable.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I know an INFP 4w5 sp/sx, who absolutely hates conflict of any kind, and generally likes people to have the liberty of going with their own flow.

Unless of course a sacred value is violated, and then of course this individual goes into rage mode, especially in regard to domineering ETJs.

Though of course this is directed at the low level individuals of those types, so I guess kind of like with ISTP, an INFP will let you do your own thing, unless like I said you cross the line.