User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Ditto Amargith, NFP/STP usually seems easier than NFP/NTP... my brother is ISTP and it's like she said about recognition of very different thought processes. We rarely think similarly, but we often end up at the same conclusion, and it's useful to have each others' perspectives. I think it would also relate to how heavy the dominants are. If one is super-Ti and one is super-Fi there will probably be more disagreement.

But I think there's also a certain degree of understanding in any IxxP / IxxJ / ExxP / ExxJ pair. All IxxPs will generally share a preference for calm, independence, and low drama.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I get along pretty well with INFPs. The ones I like, I like immediately. I appreciate their gentleness, good humor, laid back nature. I can almost immediately trust them as they have no pretense about them. Something I really appreciate in dealing with people.

The ones I don't like, that's immediate too. Too sensitive, do as i say not as i do approach to life, or preachy doesn't go over well. And they don't particularly like me either.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    Kinda. According to this intertype relations chart these two types are in superego relations which are uncomfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I get along pretty well with INFPs. The ones I like, I like immediately. I appreciate their gentleness, good humor, laid back nature. I can almost immediately trust them as they have no pretense about them. Something I really appreciate in dealing with people.

The ones I don't like, that's immediate too. Too sensitive, do as i say not as i do approach to life, or preachy doesn't go over well. And they don't particularly like me either.

"Do as I say not as I do approach to life." That particularly strikes a chord in me on my intentions when creating this thread. I honestly think I am an anti-idealist. Is there a word for that?

Reading responses from the familiar faces in this thread, I can see that it is the level of psychological health in an individual I am concerned with, not their MBTI status. Thanks for the responses.

ENFP perspective (Just in case it is of added value in some way...another data point)

I was with an ISTP for many years and it was a fairly peaceful interaction. We never fought-we still dont ever fight. At worst, we would get a little snappy and the shell up and go to our seperate corners.

However if I expressed strong Fi values about an ideal....he would almost always read it badly as an Fe expression of judgement against him or whoever I was talking about. This happened very, very rarely, but it did crop up from time to time.

I didnt invite him into my inner world, nor me into his, but we both gave one another freedom to pursue those things externally and dint seek to control the other. He would ride bikes all of them time and I would would do whatever crazy thing I wanted (once I made my own light up christmas lawn ornaments-including a giant dancing shiva). When younger, I think my energy and unfiltered talk would embarress him a bit around his friends, but as he got older he would just tell them I was smart but kinda crazy, which was far better than stupid.

I didnt understand how to deal with IXTP depression at all though and that was part of what led us to break up-he was in a very depressive state and he needed to re-find is way onto a new path. We get along great now-I invited him and his new ife and babay on our last vacation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Consistency issue? :P
    It's an STP thing, as far as I know.

You act logically in the moment according to variables that we don't necessarily see as significant, which causes you (from our perspective) to be inconsistent. I like to figure people out so I can assess them as threats or friends or best friends or whatever. I like having a general gist of how people will react. That's harder with STPs, who can respond so quickly to changing scenarios and redirect their effort that it confuses us.

Think of it like this: you're a boat captain and I'm a passenger. You have a sonar that lets you see that there's extremely shallow water that can't be seen from the water surface. So you're turning the boat all over the place navigating shallow water and I'm staring at you like you're either drunk or insane, cause all I see is you turning the boat avoiding imaginary obstacles. It's not so much an actual inconsistency issue as a problem with pinpointing why you do things in a given moment.

All of that said, when I trust that an ISTP is competent and has my best interest in mind, I'm much more likely to defer to their judgement about things without much explanation. That, or I just see them as protectors in general, even though sometimes I'll ignore their advice because I, in traditional INFP naivety, think I've got everything handled.

xdujjQQK80GqTowFPJm2rw2.jpg

But yeah. ISTPs have always been on my list of people I think are insanely sexy. They've got the confidence and capability of ISTJs, but are relaxed enough for me to actually get along with in an actual relationship, at least theoretically
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    It's an STP thing, as far as I know.

You act logically in the moment according to variables that we don't necessarily see as significant, which causes you (from our perspective) to be inconsistent. I like to figure people out so I can assess them as threats or friends or best friends or whatever. I like having a general gist of how people will react.
    That's weird - I would say the exact same thing but about F types. To me it's more far consistent to act according to the circumstances according to a consistent rationale rather than acting in a Fi way that appears random/without a rationale to me (I'm sure there is one, it's just not obvious to outsiders as Fi tends to be hidden). I guess our Ti rationale can be hidden from you in the same way (but if you ask, we will usually be more than happy to explain!)

I think any two types can get along, but individual differences can change that - so there are definitely some istps that can happily date infps, but I don't think I'm one of them, since I much prefer people who are more similar to me. I prefer a more understanding rather than challenging relationship. That said, I've had good first dates with enfps and dated an isfp for years, so maybe my real-life experience would be different from my theorizing and I just haven't met the right infp yet. I would not dump someone because I found out their type was theoretically a bad match - that's moronic, IMO.

My mom is infp and with her and other infps I've met IRL, we can be very friendly acquaintances and even joke around together, but neither of us really "gets" the other and sometimes that's painfully obvious.
    -end of thread-

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    We never fought-we still dont ever fight. At worst, we would get a little snappy and the shell up and go to our separate corners.... I didn't invite him into my inner world, nor me into his, but we both gave one another freedom to pursue those things externally and didn't seek to control the other.
    If you all don't mind me adding my ENFP perspective, I'd like to second what Orobas has said here. My ISTP husband and I hardly ever fight. At most we snap at each other and even that is very, very rare. So my experience has been that ISTP/xNFP relations are very peaceable. By the same token, I don't share parts of my inner world with him. He just wouldn't get my Ne/Fi ruminations. Nor am I privy to his innermost Ti meanderings. (Intense Ti generally gives me a headache so I'm happy not to go into the depths of his Ti with him.) In other words, I rely on my NF friends (not my ISTP) to listen to my NF hopes and dreams.

BTW, my INFP BFF also gets along with my ISTP very peaceably. Nor does she discuss her rich inner world with my ISTP. Based on this anecdotal evidence, I'm going to proffer that there are similarities between INFP/ISTP interactions and ENFP/ISTP interactions.

I'm not sure if the INFP/ISTP is a natural dating pair, however. I can't quite articulate why this might be so, but I don't think the two types would be naturally attracted to each other. I think there might be too much redundant introverted energy there. I think Fi (INFP's lead function) and Ti (ISTP's lead function) would just look right past each other without interacting a whole lot. <- Hope this makes some sense.

ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Permabanned

Infps are nice but they are flakey and weird. They are one of the few types i have trouble understanding even more so then infjs. That being said most of them arent out to kill you you just have to respect their space.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    That being said most of them arent out to kill you you just have to respect their space.
    no, of course we aren't