First 34567 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    That is a borderline case of acting. There is a "role of boss" which is required for someone to play. The person selected for the role has to do it and everyone knows that it is his job to make decisions based on hunches.
    I agree. And what is funny is that I think we all "know" that in theory... but if you watch how disgruntled employees talk about their bosses or disgruntled citizens talk about their political leaders... they tend to take it more personally rather than as an accepted reality.

I think it more like "the work changed me temporarily". I was back to my old self when I got comfortable at the job.
    That is usually the pattern I follow too. I think we were both aware, though, that more literal people might just see the change without seeing what lies beneath and judged it wrong at first.

I only feel that it is tragic that the spouse couldn't be his/herself. The other one might have liked the change.
    Lotsa tragedy in the world, unfortunately. But... playing the game is just very common.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I agree. And what is funny is that I think we all "know" that in theory... but if you watch how disgruntled employees talk about their bosses or disgruntled citizens talk about their political leaders... they tend to take it more personally rather than as an accepted reality.
    Well, they should have the opportunity to try playing the boss role. It's not that easy...

MBTI
    INFP

Ok, the fake-factors

- Having many different faces for situations
    - Thinking a lot about what people want to hear
    - Do not have many opinions of their own
    - Lying a lot
    - Spending a lot of time and money building appearances

I might be adding some later on... As you can see they are all relative. Everybody obviously does these things to some degree, but some seem to be all about them.

Hmm... It would mean that it is impossible to be "fake in your insincerity". It would take away the meaning of the word "fake". That's weird.

You're right, we have the word for a reason. I'm playing with paradoxes.

MBTI
    INFJ

We all wear masks. To me, masks are just a defense that shields our vulnerability. So I say that 90-100% of people are "real". Some people are just more masked than others and there is usually always a reason for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    We all wear masks. To me, masks are just a defense that shields our vulnerability. So I say that 90-100% of people are "real". Some people are just more masked than others and there is usually always a reason for that.
    "Nietzsche says we all wear masks, so I want mine to be a Nietzsche mask"

?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, they should have the opportunity to try playing the boss role. It's not that easy...
    You're too kind.

I'd say being the boss sucks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I don't like the premise of this question because I feel it is swamped in subjectivity. I think it would have been a better effort to ask -- on a scale of 1-100, how disillusioned are you regarding the people you meet? This one is still quite subjective, but it doesn't put in the effort to cover it up. EDIT: And, perhaps, in doing so, is more "real" than the question asked. But that is a möbius strip.
    Not really.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    I don't like the premise of this question because I feel it is swamped in subjectivity. I think it would have been a better effort to ask -- on a scale of 1-100, how disillusioned are you regarding the people you meet?
    But that sounds so negative... Almost like I was waiting for people to disappoint me. I like "real" more.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    "Nietzsche says we all wear masks, so I want mine to be a Nietzsche mask"

?
    I seriously LoL'd when I read this. Yes, I apparently do sound just like that. My perspective is just based on Psychology and personal experience, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    JIxT

They can't handle the truth.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.